Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #221
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Make that 4 people more....and two airstreams.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #222
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
I filled out the RSVP some time ago. Just haven't heard any details lately and was wondering. I may have multiple job changes between now and then, so I hope I can work out the time off.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #223
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenh2 View Post
I filled out the RSVP some time ago. Just haven't heard any details lately and was wondering. I may have multiple job changes between now and then, so I hope I can work out the time off.
I haven't sent out anything new in the last two months. We are waiting for July 1st when we can look into the Dining Plan pricing. I have also been busy packing, planning, and storing household stuff so my focus has been elsewhere.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #224
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
If we purchase the Disney Dining Plan, I call as early as I can to make dining reservations-otherwise I don't get to go where I want at a time I want.

Are we thinking of a "sched." for potlucks, happy hours,etc. so that I can sched. around them?

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #225
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
You can book ADR (Advanced Dining Reservations) as early as 6 months out. If we plan on doing the Hoop De Doo Revue it is recommended we pick sign up as early as possible. Honestly, I highly recommend everyone participating in the dining plan to research the places you'd like to eat and call in at the 6 month mark. Our first trip was scheduled and booked 3 months prior to departure and I ended up on the phone with WDW for over an hour trying to figure out where we could eat. I usually plan what park I want to go to first (unless you have a park hopper ticket) then pick my restaurant. I would also have a secondary list ready.

Many people want to do some of the grand gathering events, providing we have at least 8 people signed up to attend, so we'd need to schedule around those as well.

Having never been to a rally I don't know how things work, but I was thinking happy hour on the first day... maybe a pot luck as well. We have alot of allergies so we will have to work around that issue. Something as simple as listing all your ingredients might work.

Any ideas and help would be appreciated by those who've attended/hosted (Kathy-Andrea/Jason) a rally before.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 06-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #226
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Having never been to a rally I don't know how things work, but I was thinking happy hour on the first day... maybe a pot luck as well. We have alot of allergies so we will have to work around that issue. Something as simple as listing all your ingredients might work.
How about if we make it a little more fun by calling it a recipe exchange potluck?

It could be done by having people post their recipe by the dish. It could serve a dual purpose by letting everyone know exactly what is in the dish as well as letting others copy the recipe down for themselves. I don't think I have ever been to an AS rally potluck and not heard people asking for recipes later.

If you and Kathy decide to go this route, I'll offer to bring blank index cards and pens so that everyone can make a recipe card for their dish and have extras for copying the recipe of their favorite dishes.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #227
1 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
1978 29' Ambassador
1971 23' Safari
Ball Ground , Georgia
Woohoo!! We are booked! I requested a Premium site, nearest the marina.
We plan to arrive a day early -- Saturday.
miker64867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #228
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Woohoo to copy a phrase. We are booked as well. I've sent out an email to the group. With each step we get a little closer and I'm having withdrawls....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #229
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Just got a call about the DDP (Disney Dining Plan). According to Hector, the DDP is not attached to the tickets ... keep in mind I heard/read somewhere that it was. Hector said it was attached to our KEY TO THE WORLD. He did point out that you get bonus features worth about $50 for buying through them. Entry in to Disney's Quest as well.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #230
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStream View Post
How about if we make it a little more fun by calling it a recipe exchange potluck?

It could be done by having people post their recipe by the dish. It could serve a dual purpose by letting everyone know exactly what is in the dish as well as letting others copy the recipe down for themselves. I don't think I have ever been to an AS rally potluck and not heard people asking for recipes later.

If you and Kathy decide to go this route, I'll offer to bring blank index cards and pens so that everyone can make a recipe card for their dish and have extras for copying the recipe of their favorite dishes.
did I answer this via email or pm? If not I'm sorry!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #231
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Something to Think about

Since we did our ressie today, I started looking at the Grand Gathering activities and DDP special meals.

I discovered that Mickey's Back Yard BBQ runs until December this year. We did not have that included on the RSVP form. We will have to check next year but it might be going on during our rally. I'll need to know if anyone is interested but this might clash with some of the Grand Gathering Events many plan to attend.

My research:
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue is 2 Table Service dining plan credits
Safari Celebration Dinner is 2 Table Service dining plan credits
Illuminations Dinner and Desert is 2 Table Service dining plan credits
Good Morning Character Breakfast is 1 Table Service dining plan credits.
The Aloha Dinner Show is 2 Table Service dining plan credits.
I believe Mickey's Backyard BBQ is 2 Table Service dining plan credits.

Under our usual choice for the dining plan, for a 6 night stay, you get 6 table service meals (I think).
We discovered we'd have to upgrade our Dining package one level if we wanted to do even half of the listed events. I know it's some time before we can start booking our GG events and Advance Dining Reservations but I thought I'd share what I'd found.

The dining plan can be purchased up to a month in advance according to one person and up to 3 days prior to arrival according to another person. all the non-discounted special dining event prices are listed at the official walt disney world website. You can look up the prices to the events if you don't want the dining plan. Some even do cost comparisons between using the dining plan not using it.

We have tentatively scheduled a potluck dinner/happy hour for our arrival date of 11/4 and a Safe Travels (Potluck?) Breakfast for our departure morning.

That's all i've got for now.....anyone else need a stiff drink?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #232
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
We're booked!!!

Just finished making our reservation. Preferred site. Wasn't able to book any before or after days from the Group Ressie folks. Will book them separately as we would like to arrive a day or two early.

Great Job Nikki! Thank you!!

Sue
Disneysue925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #233
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
We can book before and after days on the group ressie but it requires an addendum to the contract. I need to know if there is alot of interest in this....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #234
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand

did I answer this via email or pm? If not I'm sorry!
I don't think you answered it. I was just throwing the idea out there and didn't really expect one.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #235
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStream View Post
I don't think you answered it. I was just throwing the idea out there and didn't really expect one.
so sorry. My mind hasn't been completely engaged lately. I think it's a good idea but we need to see how the other participants feel about it.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #236
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
For those of you with kids or still kids at heart, I was told that there was a very good chance that Mickey's Very merry Christmas Party would be starting the week we arrived for the rally. This year it starts on Nov 8th. You can read about it at the WDW site. The current price is $56.95 for ages 10 + and 51.99 for 3-9 year olds. The price may or may not go up for next year but you can also get an idea of what the price might be next year.

If this party has started when we are there, it also means the Magic Kingdom will close early for non participants on several of the dates. This year it closes an hour early. For rally planning these dates would be good for Dining events (GG or Hoop-d-d-r/BBQ/Alhoa).

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #237
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Extra Days

I looked into the cost of arriving a few days early. The cost for a preferred site is $96.75 (including tax)/nite. That's a pretty big difference from the group rate of $69.75 (including tax) for the same site. They are able to link the reservations so we won't need to change sites. I went ahead and made the reservation knowing that I can always cancel.

At that price difference I am definitely interested if you're able to amend the contract. It's a really nice time of year to visit--not too crowded and pleasant temperatures. You chose very well,Nicki.

Sue
Disneysue925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #238
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysue925 View Post
I looked into the cost of arriving a few days early. The cost for a preferred site is $96.75 (including tax)/nite. That's a pretty big difference from the group rate of $69.75 (including tax) for the same site. They are able to link the reservations so we won't need to change sites. I went ahead and made the reservation knowing that I can always cancel.

At that price difference I am definitely interested if you're able to amend the contract. It's a really nice time of year to visit--not too crowded and pleasant temperatures. You chose very well,Nicki.

Sue
I've been in June, July, and December. Although I can't complain about the crowds and line ques (sans fastpass) I am intrigued with the possibly lower crowd levels. However, I don't think I can take credit for the dates. I almost remember either Winestream, Gardenstream, or H2K having brought those dates to our attention... Gardenstream.... I think.

Whoever, we'll get to see lots of holiday decor including decorated campsites... it is amazing.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #239
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I tried to attach this to my signature but apparently you can't add pictures there. However, I thought I'd share it anyway.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #240
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
We are booked as well!!! Looking forward to WDW again.

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally