View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #911
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Little Ava told me last night that I am not allowed to play soccer anymore until the Spartan is finished! LOL

... Ouch less than two weeks... Ouch...

On a positive note, I purchased some new flashlights and batteries for night time adventures
You tell him Little Ava!!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #912
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I guess technically, our "journey" has begun and we haven't even left home. The Airstream is in the front yard, hooked up. The fresh tank is full and the fridge is on. Andrea's been cleaning out unused clutter since we have to prepare for 2 weeks of living and travelling (yeah, Nicki and Shawn, I know, no big deal). The kids are excited to be ticking off the single digits on their countdown calendar. Some food went into the freezer in the camper tonight. Clothes are being selected, maintenance items checked, propane full, seemingly all is good to go. I'm winding down at work for a long anticipated 2 week vacation.

Just 3 more days and we leave for a meandering trip to Disney...

Old 10-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #913
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I guess technically, our "journey" has begun and we haven't even left home. The Airstream is in the front yard, hooked up. The fresh tank is full and the fridge is on. Andrea's been cleaning out unused clutter since we have to prepare for 2 weeks of living and travelling (yeah, Nicki and Shawn, I know, no big deal). The kids are excited to be ticking off the single digits on their countdown calendar. Some food went into the freezer in the camper tonight. Clothes are being selected, maintenance items checked, propane full, seemingly all is good to go. I'm winding down at work for a long anticipated 2 week vacation.

Just 3 more days and we leave for a meandering trip to Disney...
Yeah!!!

And yes, for you it is a big deal because you don't have the stuff already packed. Shawn and I were just talking yesterday about how much more work a weekend camping trip is than living in your Airstream. That whole list of things you just mentioned is something that is part of our weekly routine or unneeded.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #914
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
Is there any place in Orlando or surrounding area where we can congregate and caravan in together on Sunday? We will probably leave western Penna. early on Friday and spend the night in North Carolina at my sister's home. She and her husband will be joining us on our trip though they have an SOB.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #915
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I think Constructor posted something about a campground that people could caravan from in an early post but I am not sure which one.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #916
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Just a heads up. When you are pulling into Walt Disney World you need to stay in the the rightmost lane as possible. The turn to Fort wilderness is the next right after the tollbooth plaza. It comes up very quickly so with a RV you need to be in the very most right-hand lane. Unfortunately, if you're in the wrong lane it is almost impossible to get over in the right-hand lane after you go to tollbooth. other drivers will not let you in. If you do end up in the wrong lane you can make a U-turn at the Hess and Doubleback. Everyone enjoy your trip, safe driving, good luck!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #917
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Nicki and Ava will keep me on track

Jason, sounds like you all are almost ready to roll! Excellent... Granted two weeks on the road with kids... Mercy! (be sure to pack a lot of "quality beverages")

Keith, great tip!!! I have been through the toll gate just in the Burb and it was painful enough figuring out where to go. And yes, I have flipped a U at the Hess before. LOL
Other: 1979 Porsche 911 SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #918
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
When we went last time we had a custom GPS POI, it took us in the back way so we didn't see the toll booths

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #919
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
What?? There is a back way!! That would have made life much better... You must share. : )
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #920
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgrowe View Post
What?? There is a back way!! That would have made life much better... You must share. : )
I don't have that gps anymore.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #921
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Aloha;

We recently had to change our arrival date to the 6th instead of the 4th. We got a last minute camp host position just out of DC that doesn't end til the 1st and need to do some "stuff" before we can get on to our vacation with you all at Disney. We will be staying until the 13th so hope to get to see all you guys.

Pat and Pete!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #922
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
The back way to Ft. Wilderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgrowe View Post
You can get off I 4 at the Downtown Disney Exit. You will be on 535. Make a left at The Crossroads Shopping Center onto Hotel Plaza Blvd--stay to the right. Bear right at the intersection of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Dr. Take Buena Vista past Saratoga Springs and make a left onto Vacation Club Way. Take Vacation Club past Old Key West and make a right onto Bonnet Creek. Go past Port Orleans until Bonnet Creek dead ends at Golden Oaks and go left onto Vista (I'm not positive that it's Vista, but if you dead end at Golden Oaks and go left you're on the right road). You will see the entrance to Fort Wilderness not too far along on the right.

I know you all will have a wonderful time.

Sue
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #923

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Orillia , Ontario
We're Here!

We're here! Finally! Left Thursday night and arrived at Bushnell's Blueberry Hill Campground for a couple of days to shower, rest and get groceries into the trailer. Arrived at the Fort on Tuesday and it felt so good to be back at the Fort again.
We requested the 1700 loop and were given site #1737. Upon riding our bikes around all the loops, we have discovered 9 airstreams in the park. There are 4 in the 1700 loop, alone, and one Bambi is parked right beside us! How cool is that?
Will be looking forward to seeing all of you and wish you all....a safe travel.
Jennifer
Old 10-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #924
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Lucky You

Hi Jennifer,

Looking forward to meeting you at Ft. Wilderness. We will be arriving on Nov. 1. How is the weather? Are any of the 9 airstreams you located part of the rally? If they are still at Ft. Wilderness tell them about our Meet and Greet on Sunday. The M&G will be at our campsite. Not yet sure where that is but we will get the word out when we get there. Bring something to share (food or drink). There will be doorprizes! Finally, after a very long wait WDW is just around the corner.

Meeting you soon,

Kathy

TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally