View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #883
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
We plan to just post we are opening a bunch of good wine and see who shows! LOL!!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #884
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
A new thread.... might be a good idea... everyone?

Jason should be popping in about the wino comment... before too much longer.
A couple of questions come to mind with the idea of a new thread. 1) Why? and 2) What's wrong with the thread we already have? My personal opinion is that if a new thread is started, then ultimately people will have a note or pictures to post and they might accidentally click on the old one and post there. Before you know it, people are replying, posting more pics, etc. and then you have 2 parallel threads going and everyone has to watch both of them. Not to mention, if a new one is started, then all of us have another thread that we have to subscribe to when we've clearly all subscribed to this one.

My experience with rallies which are organized highly based upon a thread on Airforums is that the thread gets even more active during the rally with posting of pictures and comments and such. I expect no different with this one.

As for the wine comments...I can't wait to get to FW. I can see that there will be a lot of fun. I hope that I don't have so much fun that I forget to use all of my Disney admission tickets! I'll bring a couple of bottles of homemade wine and hopefully I won't drink them all on the way to FW.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #885
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Quote:
We plan to just post we are opening a bunch of good wine and see who shows! LOL!!
I like that!

Quote:
As for the wine comments...I can't wait to get to FW. I can see that there will be a lot of fun. I hope that I don't have so much fun that I forget to use all of my Disney admission tickets! I'll bring a couple of bottles of homemade wine and hopefully I won't drink them all on the way to FW.
Keep her between the ditches on the way down! lol
Other: 1979 Porsche 911 SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #886
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
A couple of questions come to mind with the idea of a new thread. 1) Why? and 2) What's wrong with the thread we already have? My personal opinion is that if a new thread is started, then ultimately people will have a note or pictures to post and they might accidentally click on the old one and post there. Before you know it, people are replying, posting more pics, etc. and then you have 2 parallel threads going and everyone has to watch both of them. Not to mention, if a new one is started, then all of us have another thread that we have to subscribe to when we've clearly all subscribed to this one.

My experience with rallies which are organized highly based upon a thread on Airforums is that the thread gets even more active during the rally with posting of pictures and comments and such. I expect no different with this one.

A
He has a point. let's just leave it all here.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #887
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Hey all,
Fortfiends.net has released the iPhone app for looking at the campsites. This will help anyone wanted to fax in a specific site request. It gives the dimension, locations of hookups and the difficulty of backing into the site.

Fort Wilderness Sites for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #888
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
3 weeks!!!

I am excited and stressed out at the same time... More work to do!
Other: 1979 Porsche 911 SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #889
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post

almost here

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #890
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Pets?

We were just wondering how many are bringing their pets to the rally. We are going back and forth on the issue. I hear there are pet loops for RV's and non pet loops.
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #891
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
We went to a mall today... We walked by a Disney store and decided to go in. Somehow we ended up spending $64 and have intent to go to their web store and buy more. How do they do this to us? Absolute genius.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #892
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
We were just wondering how many are bringing their pets to the rally. We are going back and forth on the issue. I hear there are pet loops for RV's and non pet loops.
They do have pet loops but you need to let them know BEFORE your arrival if possible. It's a $5 a day per site charge for your pets. They do have a dog park as well as dog walks beside most of the loops. If you want to remain undecided until the date, go ahead and call reservations and put a pet loop on your reservations. They only charge if you show up with the pet (I think).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
We went to a mall today... We walked by a Disney store and decided to go in. Somehow we ended up spending $64 and have intent to go to their web store and buy more. How do they do this to us? Absolute genius.

Why do I have to go to the mall that has the disney store? Why do I have an app for that? WHY...

Beware the Genius of Disney Marketeers.....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 10-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #893

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Orillia , Ontario
Re: Pets
We will be taking our 2 Golden Retrievers to Disney with us. We always travel with out pets. Also, we always request a site in the 1600's or 1700's. We love the 1700's loop! Because the 1600, 1700, 1800 and 1900 loops are linked together, it gives our dogs the opportunity of a really good walk. They have never been exposed to a dog park and this works best for us and them. The $5/day fee, which includes both dogs, is pretty inexpensive compared to the daily fee we would have to pay at a boarding kennel, for two dogs. The negative side to bringing a pet is the time you will be able to be away from your pet. The lack of freedom. We could never enter a theme park, when it first opens, and then expect to stay there until the park closes. Always we would have to plan to come back to the campsite and feed and let the dogs out, before being able to return to the theme parks. But, there is the option of the Best Friends pet care, located on Disney property. We went there last year to check this facility out. Pretty impressive and worth checking out, just for the fun of it! I have never seen anything like it! I would use this facility if I needed or wanted to. Probably expensive, but considering what I am saving by bringing my pets, I would afford it.
Just a though......
Jennifer
Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #894
1 Rivet Member

1971 21' Globetrotter
Punxsutawney , Pennsylvania
I have one grey fuzzy fleece WDW hoodie, size M, for sale. Bought it for our son in 2007 and he didn't want it. Anyone interested?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #895
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Wow. After over 18 months of thinking, planing, budgeting, organizing, it is 3 weeks away from Sunday night at FW with 2 bright grandchildren and you folks. I have to pull out the schedule. I think we have Fantasia on Sunday.

PS. Please may I have done my work well enough the customers and staff get along for 7 days.

PSS. Weather is looking very good, a bit on the hot side, being your shorts and tees.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #896
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I have to say it is kind of weird to know it is that close. 18 months of thinking about it, planning for it, just having it on my mind ....

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally