View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #715
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithgrowe View Post
I'm sure this is posted elsewhere, but what are the dates? We live about 2 hours away for there.
November 4-10 2012. We still have spots available.
__________________

__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #716
Rivet Master
 
WineStream's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,873
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
The campground is rarely, if ever, included in the free dining offer. The campground is usually excluded from most of your resort discounts too.

We do have tickets that are discounted via the contract.

Group Base Ticket -
2-Day
$155.28 - Adult (10yr and up)
$139.95 - Child

3-Day
$214.71 - Adult (10yr and up)
$193.62 - Child

4-Day
$222.38 - Adult (10yr and up)
$200.33 - Child

5-Day
$227.17 - Adult (10yr and up)
$205.12 - Child

6-Day
$231.96 - Adult (10yr and up)
$209.92 - Child

7-Day
$236.75 - Adult (10yr and up)
$214.71 - Child

For a Park hopper add $51.75 to the price.
Are those prices valid for 2012? I know those were the prices in the 2011 contract. I don't follow the planning proceedings to the letter, so maybe there was a 2012 contract / list posted and the prices are the same. We've already bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist so for us it's a moot point but even if I add 6.5% tax to the above prices, we could have saved $40 in comparison to undercover.
__________________

__________________
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #717
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Ticket Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Are those prices valid for 2012? I know those were the prices in the 2011 contract. I don't follow the planning proceedings to the letter, so maybe there was a 2012 contract / list posted and the prices are the same. We've already bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist so for us it's a moot point but even if I add 6.5% tax to the above prices, we could have saved $40 in comparison to undercover.
Jason,
These are the prices listed in the contract proposal. The actual ticket prices aren't listed in the contract itself but as far as I know, we get for buying through the group contract. If you want to go through Disney for the tickets, you might see if Undercover Tourist will give a refund. Here is what I found on their refund -


Undercover tourist refund policy


I dug up a few of post I made about the Tickets. It provides a link to the proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
I was told by Hector that if you purchased the tickets though disney it came with at least $50 worth of extras. He listed them all but I can't remember them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Here is the proposal

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...thkey=CNvO8L0E

It includes the price and the discounts. Apparently (according to Hector... I'd double check if I were really interested) it gives us entrance to one of the water parks....in November....is it really warm enough for that.
I will be posting the ticket prices on the first post of the thread. I am sorry if there has been any confusion.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #718
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Are those prices valid for 2012? I know those were the prices in the 2011 contract. I don't follow the planning proceedings to the letter, so maybe there was a 2012 contract / list posted and the prices are the same. We've already bought our tickets through Undercover Tourist so for us it's a moot point but even if I add 6.5% tax to the above prices, we could have saved $40 in comparison to undercover.
Jason,
check the type of ticket you purchased too. If you got a park hopper that could explain the difference in price too. The prices listed above are for base tickets.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #719
Rivet Master
 
WineStream's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,873
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Jason,
check the type of ticket you purchased too. If you got a park hopper that could explain the difference in price too. The prices listed above are for base tickets.
You're right, we did purchase park hopper, but I've accounted for that based on the prices you posted by adding the $51.75 per ticket.

I just know that the reason we jumped on buying tickets a month ago was because Andrea saw somewhere that prices were going to go up soon. I just wonder if the same will happen for the group rates since the ones posted are from the 2011 contract.

Not that it can do good for me now, but for the benefit of others... How does one invoke the group rates? Do you call Disney and tell them you want that group rate? Can you do it via the Disney website? Do you have to buy on-site in November?
__________________
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:05 AM   #720
Rivet Master
 
WineStream's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,873
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Jason,
These are the prices listed in the contract proposal. The actual ticket prices aren't listed in the contract itself but as far as I know, we get for buying through the group contract. If you want to go through Disney for the tickets, you might see if Undercover Tourist will give a refund. Here is what I found on their refund -

I will be posting the ticket prices on the first post of the thread. I am sorry if there has been any confusion.
No need to be sorry. I know you've been posting a lot of info. I've seen the contract and remember seeing it some time ago. If there's any fault to be laid, it would be on the "planner" in my household. I wouldn't redo any of it for $40 and I have the added bonus that my price is guaranteed, rally or not, no matter when we go.

The contract link you posted doesn't work. Shawn had originally posted about 2 or 3 posts after your original with a link that works. There was also mention some pages of posts later about an updated contract for 2012. This I have not seen a link for; thus the reasons for all of my questions relating to 2011 vs newer contract. If there is a 2012 contract, please post as I'd like to see if anything has changed, i.e. campsite prices. Nothing will prevent us from going...it's just a budget planning thing.
__________________
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #721
Rivet Master
 
WineStream's Avatar
 
2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,873
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I contacted Disney as we wanted to camp next to some friends that are also coming to WDW. We had to supply some information but it was minimal and the request went smoothly.
Can we do this for the fellow rally-goers in our particular loop or area? I know it's been mentioned before that Fort Wilderness said that they could not guarantee that all the Airstreams would be together in a particular site-type / loop. Can we ask them to try? As the time comes closer and we know who has paid reservations then maybe someone from that loop has to call FW with the list of names and say, "I want to be parked near ____, _____, ____, and _____" so that the Airstreams are together?
__________________
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #722
H2K
3 Rivet Member
 
1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 235
Parking

I knew ahead of time that our friends were purchasing the same type of campsite. One castmember said I needed our friends address and confirmation number. I supplied that information and (I hope) we are going to be parked either next to each other or very close.

Talk about obsessive-I just printed out the Counter Service menus for Ft. Wilderness and the theme parks. We are purchasing the Dining Plan and will most likely eat lunch in the parks. Thought it would be easier to know where we wanted to eat lunch rather than hike through the parks trying to decide where to eat.

We are going to our friends house today and will determine how many days we will need tickets for. I will call Disney and find out what the price of tickets will be (checking to see if we do get a "group" price). Will post my results when I know.

Kathy
__________________
Hank and Kathy
1991 Excella
Ford 350
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #723
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
No need to be sorry. I know you've been posting a lot of info. I've seen the contract and remember seeing it some time ago. If there's any fault to be laid, it would be on the "planner" in my household. I wouldn't redo any of it for $40 and I have the added bonus that my price is guaranteed, rally or not, no matter when we go.

The contract link you posted doesn't work. Shawn had originally posted about 2 or 3 posts after your original with a link that works. There was also mention some pages of posts later about an updated contract for 2012. This I have not seen a link for; thus the reasons for all of my questions relating to 2011 vs newer contract. If there is a 2012 contract, please post as I'd like to see if anything has changed, i.e. campsite prices. Nothing will prevent us from going...it's just a budget planning thing.
I forgot about the broken link. I just put the info on the first post instead.

We had to update the contract for the Dining Plan. I looked at the updated contract and though our night site rates dropped more there was no mention on the tickets. I can contact our new coordinator (alton) about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Can we do this for the fellow rally-goers in our particular loop or area? I know it's been mentioned before that Fort Wilderness said that they could not guarantee that all the Airstreams would be together in a particular site-type / loop. Can we ask them to try? As the time comes closer and we know who has paid reservations then maybe someone from that loop has to call FW with the list of names and say, "I want to be parked near ____, _____, ____, and _____" so that the Airstreams are together?
You can call in and link your reservation to another which is what Kathy did. However, the other people have to call in with the same requst. As per request, we didn't just reserve one type of loop so this could get too difficult for Fort Wilderness to do.

You can also fax in a Loop number or even campsite number request to Fort Wilderness. For instance, if you want to be in the same loop as other of the same type site (preferred, premium, full hookup) then five days before your scheduled arrival you can fax in a loop or site request. The other board that I am a member of, many of them pick about 3 site numbers they would prefer to have and fax it in. Disney many NOT honor the request but they will try.

If you have question, pm or email me. Unless that is really unclear then I'll take another stab at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I knew ahead of time that our friends were purchasing the same type of campsite. One castmember said I needed our friends address and confirmation number. I supplied that information and (I hope) we are going to be parked either next to each other or very close.

Talk about obsessive-I just printed out the Counter Service menus for Ft. Wilderness and the theme parks. We are purchasing the Dining Plan and will most likely eat lunch in the parks. Thought it would be easier to know where we wanted to eat lunch rather than hike through the parks trying to decide where to eat.

We are going to our friends house today and will determine how many days we will need tickets for. I will call Disney and find out what the price of tickets will be (checking to see if we do get a "group" price). Will post my results when I know.

Kathy
Kathy, you need to make sure the other party calls in too.

Obsessive. Why would that be obsessive. The first time I went I had color coded index cards with Extra Magic Hours for each park, the dining confirmation number, and possibly all the rides that were "must do"....
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #724
H2K
3 Rivet Member
 
1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 235
Obsessive

Hank gets a big laugh when I start going OCD about reservations, etc. That being said, he is the one asking where we are going and when. He is great at fixing things and I am pretty good about coordinating details of directions, reservations, etc. It has worked for 40+ years.

Still keeping my eye on BOG. Disney reports that it will be open for the Holiday Season. So there may be a chance to see the interior of this restaurant.

We decided to purchase a 7 day Park Hopper Pass ticket. We are coming early and this will give us one day of rest. We try to use at least one day to sit on the beach at the Grand Floridian (weather permitting) or visit the other resorts and pick out our next place to stay.

We will see everyone at Disney sooner than we think.

Kathy
__________________
Hank and Kathy
1991 Excella
Ford 350
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #725
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
There appears to be a difference in price from the original quote. I am waiting to hear from our coordinator but it probably has to do with the addendum adding dining as an option.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #726
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
As per email -

Hi All,
We have had some questions about ticket pricing and how to get the group discount. I decided to contact our coordinator to find out if the prices had gone up. They have.

Updated Ticket Prices-
Basic Ticket with no extras -

Ages 10+ Ages 3-9
Two Day -$168.70 $157.20
Three Day -$231.96 $216.63
Four Day - $245.38 $229.09
Five Day - $256.88 $239.63
Six Day - $266.47 $249.21
Seven Day - $276.05 $258.80
Eight Day - $285.64 $268.38

For park hopper passes add between $50-60.
For park hopper plus water park add about $75.

Here is what he said about getting the group discount-

"Guests may purchase their Theme Park Tickets when they book their stay at Fort Wilderness with our Group Reservations Team by calling 407-939-4686, option #1. I’ve attached the Group Ticket Pricing for your convenience. Please share this with your Guests and inform them the attached pricing is only available for prior to arrivalpurchases. This pricing is not available on-site."

If you have any questions please contact me.

Thanks,
Nicki

(I have updated post one of this thread and added the ticket prices. Prices are subject to change without notification)
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #727
Rivet Master
 
Taylormade's Avatar
 
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 790
Images: 23
Blog Entries: 2
Nicki, I wanted to publicly thank you for your tremendous efforts with this rally. While we still on the fence about coming, the information and support you've provided has been outstanding.

I wish there were a way for us to be assured that we'd be together... I think that'd seal the deal for us. Being in Tampa, we have no interest in seeing the mouse, but would love the opportunity to meet other Airstreamers.
__________________
Taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #728
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post
Nicki, I wanted to publicly thank you for your tremendous efforts with this rally. While we still on the fence about coming, the information and support you've provided has been outstanding.

I wish there were a way for us to be assured that we'd be together... I think that'd seal the deal for us. Being in Tampa, we have no interest in seeing the mouse, but would love the opportunity to meet other Airstreamers.
Everyone is most welcome!

I understand how you feel about everyone being together. However, the mix between first timers and repeat visitors is pretty good. Those who have been to Fort Wilderness before know exactly what type loop they want and for the others it is their first trip to WDW or their yearly vacation. They want alot of free family time to enjoy the location. I have just tried to supply what the majority wants. Not to mention this is our first rally to host and I am learning as I go.
__________________

__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OR Unit Rally - South Beach, Newport OR June 17-19, 2011 monah WBCCI Rallies & Events 7 06-15-2011 02:40 PM
OR 090 : OR Unit Rally: Last Gasp Rally of 2011 Oct 14-16 monah WBCCI Rallies & Events 1 01-26-2011 12:29 PM
NM Unit and 4CU Jemez Mountains Joint Rally LHall WBCCI Rallies & Events 0 01-05-2011 08:27 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.