View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #575
4 Rivet Member
 
constructor's Avatar
 
1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 268
Blog Entries: 2
Ha, Jason I hope I wasn't misleading, the acreage is NOT on the Ocean, it is near the Ocean. I thought I would figure out how to post a google map quick (there goes my positive outlook again) and it stumped me. The acreage is about 15 miles from the Beach. The KOA is about five miles.

The acreage with electric and water is fun for hiking, biking, about and is about 12 miles from the wildlife refuge and then another 10 miles to the Space Center. There is a large fire pit and a covered area for a gathering.

The campground is very close to town, it is an old park with shade and mature trees and would afford folks to see old New Smyrna which dates back to the same time as St. Augustine. There is driving on the beach and several scooter rental companies. November can be really good Beach weather or it can drop below the comfort zone, we just never know.

If there is an interesst for anyone to arrive here before the rally, I would love to host a casual gathering at either place. Plenty of time for commitments, so I will throw this out there, around September - October and see if there is any interest.

All the planning and talking airstreams has me really wanting to make a northern trip this summer but between work and grandchildren to play with I think local camping is in the cards this year. So glad Nicki has got you all heading this way. The only month that rivals November for great weather in Central Florida is April.

New Smyrna Beach .com Turtle Mound Another cool site in our area.
__________________

__________________
Ann - The Constructor's scribe TAC FL-20
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #576
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Unfortunately, we have had a few cancellations so we now have 8 spots available. Thanks to those who could not make it for letting me know this far in advance.
__________________

__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #577
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Bump

Little bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post



Now we are into counting down the months and days... no more of that year junk.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #578
K2H
1 Rivet Member
 
1991 29' Excella
Houston , Ohio
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
"Hi" to all the WDW campers.

I took one afternoon and looked at dining options for WDW on Youtube. Some really good info and pics. This helped me to decide where I want to make reservations. Have made a spread sheet with the resorts, parks across the top and Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on the sides Have another sheet from PassPorters. Once I make the reservations I can put the date, location, and time of each dining reservation on this one. I am really trying to get dining at the same park on the same day. Not so much running around that way.

It sounds like a lot of organizing but I want to get a wide variety of dining experiences. We have been to WDW in the past without dining reservations and found either very late or very early times were left for dining. Not so good when you end up "having to settle" for meals.

If any experiences WDW travelers have advice please let me know. I welcome all the shortcuts and advice.

Kathy
__________________
K2H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #579
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
I have heard breafast at O'hana at the polynesian is good. Something about tonga toast....

Supposedly if you choose a late enough dining at EPCOT (for a restaurant on the Lagoon that has outdoor seating) you can watch illuminations from the restaurant.. I have no proof. Just rumours.

We will be revisiting the Rose & Crown and the Yak & Yeti.

Scifi Diner is pretty cool but it's all diner food...good diner food.

Can't remember the name of the place we ate in the Magic Kingdom but honestly every where we ate was good.

If you do end up having dining at a different park than the one you intend on going to you will need a Park Hopper to get into the other park.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #580
3 Rivet Member
 
1986 25' Sovereign
Plant City , Florida
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand
I have heard breafast at O'hana at the polynesian is good. Something about tonga toast....

Supposedly if you choose a late enough dining at EPCOT (for a restaurant on the Lagoon that has outdoor seating) you can watch illuminations from the restaurant.. I have no proof. Just rumours.

We will be revisiting the Rose & Crown and the Yak & Yeti.

Scifi Diner is pretty cool but it's all diner food...good diner food.

Can't remember the name of the place we ate in the Magic Kingdom but honestly every where we ate was good.

If you do end up having dining at a different park than the one you intend on going to you will need a Park Hopper to get into the other park.
Tonga toast is the best. It is two slices of sour dough bread stuffed with bananas then covered with cinnamon and sugar.

This is served with syrup and strawberry compote in the side with your choice of breakfast meat. It's 12.99 and worth every penny.

The name of the restaurant is Kona cafe and serves breakfast till 11:30.
__________________
ck21084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #581
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck21084 View Post
Tonga toast is the best. It is two slices of sour dough bread stuffed with bananas then covered with cinnamon and sugar.

This is served with syrup and strawberry compote in the side with your choice of breakfast meat. It's 12.99 and worth every penny.

The name of the restaurant is Kona cafe and serves breakfast till 11:30.
sound heavenly...
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #582
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Disney Bus Transportation Advice

Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This includes the max average wait time and max travel time.
Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.
Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.
Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
Park to park transportation, YES.
Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.


DTD - Downtown Disney
TL - Typhon Lagoon
BB - Blizzard Beach
AK - Animal Kindgom
MK - Magic Kingdom
DHS - Disney Hollywood Studios
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #583
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
This came from Fort Fiends.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Allow 45 minutes to get to your destination. This includes the max average wait time and max travel time.
Resort to parks, DTD, TL, BB, YES.
Resort to resort, NO, you must transfer at a bus hub in order to do this.
Parks to DTD, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
DTD to parks, NO, you must transfer at a resort.
Park to park transportation, YES.
Completely disregard the above information during opening and closing times.


DTD - Downtown Disney
TL - Typhon Lagoon
BB - Blizzard Beach
AK - Animal Kindgom
MK - Magic Kingdom
DHS - Disney Hollywood Studios
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #584
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Necessary Disclaimer

double post...
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #585
Certainly Blessed
 
rebelstand's Avatar
 
1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,791
Necessary Disclaimer

I know it's a bit late but here it is. The necessary disclaimer-

Your attendance at this rally is with the understanding that it is not sponsored by any person or organization. No monies are being collected for any events, and the responsibility for all expenses is borne by individual attendees. Likewise, all liability for any accidents, personal injuries, or damages (either at the rally site or while traveling to/from) is strictly the responsibility of individual attendees. In other words, this event is the same as if you were traveling/camping on your own, and happened to arrive at a campground where many other Airstreams were staying. Organizers/hosts are only acting in the capacity of “information providers” and “facilitators,” and will be held harmless from any damage claims resulting from your attendance.

I have added to the welcoming letter and the old thread.
__________________
Nicki

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #586
Rivet Master
 
clancy_boy's Avatar
 
2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,780
Images: 8
Whew, that's a mouthful........ But in todays times a necessary evil. Now read it using Mickey Mouse voice.
__________________
Michael & Tina with Layla and Preston BZ
The family has grown.
2003 22' INTERNATIONAL CCD
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #587
x
 
XXXX , XXXX
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
Ha, Jason I hope I wasn't misleading, the acreage is NOT on the Ocean, it is near the Ocean. I thought I would figure out how to post a google map quick (there goes my positive outlook again) and it stumped me. The acreage is about 15 miles from the Beach. The KOA is about five miles.

The acreage with electric and water is fun for hiking, biking, about and is about 12 miles from the wildlife refuge and then another 10 miles to the Space Center. There is a large fire pit and a covered area for a gathering.

The campground is very close to town, it is an old park with shade and mature trees and would afford folks to see old New Smyrna which dates back to the same time as St. Augustine. There is driving on the beach and several scooter rental companies. November can be really good Beach weather or it can drop below the comfort zone, we just never know.

If there is an interesst for anyone to arrive here before the rally, I would love to host a casual gathering at either place. Plenty of time for commitments, so I will throw this out there, around September - October and see if there is any interest.

All the planning and talking airstreams has me really wanting to make a northern trip this summer but between work and grandchildren to play with I think local camping is in the cards this year. So glad Nicki has got you all heading this way. The only month that rivals November for great weather in Central Florida is April.

New Smyrna Beach .com Turtle Mound Another cool site in our area.
I had an opportunity to see this property yesterday and let me tell you it will be a wonderful place to have a pre rally rally. There are plenty of hookups for power and water. There is an open gazebo for group meals that has running water and power. They have a building with a toilet,sink and a shower including hot water.
This property is huge with an overabundance of trails and wild lands to roam about in.
If we get a mini caravan going from the northern states it would be great to go here for a few days before the rally.
__________________
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #588
4 Rivet Member
 
constructor's Avatar
 
1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 268
Blog Entries: 2
Hey you forgot to mention the folks that are offering those to meet up early are fun too!! Ha. It was fun to show you folks around.
__________________

__________________
Ann - The Constructor's scribe TAC FL-20
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OR Unit Rally - South Beach, Newport OR June 17-19, 2011 monah WBCCI Rallies & Events 7 06-15-2011 02:40 PM
OR 090 : OR Unit Rally: Last Gasp Rally of 2011 Oct 14-16 monah WBCCI Rallies & Events 1 01-26-2011 12:29 PM
NM Unit and 4CU Jemez Mountains Joint Rally LHall WBCCI Rallies & Events 0 01-05-2011 08:27 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.