View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #561
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
It's been a busy weekend for me. We now only have 5 spots left for RSVP.... all are preferred.
I took the 6th remaining spot. I had to wait to get confirmation from my sister. I will be bringing my two nieces and their Grandma as a baby sitter.

My sister also will be coming and she will fly in. She will be looking for seperate lodgings. Did someone mention something about rooms or cabins available through our group at a discounted rate?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #562
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I took the 6th remaining spot. I had to wait to get confirmation from my sister. I will be bringing my two nieces and their Grandma as a baby sitter.

My sister also will be coming and she will fly in. She will be looking for seperate lodgings. Did someone mention something about rooms or cabins available through our group at a discounted rate?

you email is on the way!

we decided against adding the rooms or cabins... you can probably pitch a tent on your site though....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #563
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
you email is on the way!

we decided against adding the rooms or cabins... you can probably pitch a tent on your site though....
My snob nose in the air sister doesn't want to do " the trailer thing" so there is no way she will stay in a tent.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #564
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
My snob nose in the air sister doesn't want to do " the trailer thing" so there is no way she will stay in a tent.
how can I help?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #565
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
The cabin for Nov 4-10 would be $2,110 without tickets.
All Star Resorts for the same period would be $662 without tickets.

Tell her the bathrooms are better at the Fort....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #566
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Military connection? Try Shades of Green - a DOD resort on Disney property and easy access to all transportation.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #567
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Military connection? Try Shades of Green - a DOD resort on Disney property and easy access to all transportation.
you are awesome! good thinking!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #568
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Important Rally Information- As per the email

Rally Attendees,
Shawn and I felt it was about time to start sharing some important information with you.

We will be able to start making Dining Reservations on May 1, 2012. For those planning on attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo, Spirit Of Aloha, or any character meals I strongly encourage you to call as soon as you can.

All reservations for campground fees/sites must be made by Sept 4, 2012. At this point we will offer up the remaining spots to anyone who might be on the waiting list.

As of Sept 30, 2012 we will be releasing any unreserved sites back to Disney's general pool. At this point, if we do not have 15 campsites paid in full (not talking about tickets or dining plans just the campsites) we will be canceling the group contract as we, Shawn & Nicki, are financially responsible if the group falls below the minimum required sites. We will NOT be canceling the Rally, just the group contract which will cause the rates to go back to being un-discounted.

After October 5, 2012, the financial responsibility/penalty of canceling a reservation falls onto those who have made reservations.

If you have RSVP'd for a spot and your circumstances have changed please let me know so I can change the RSVP status and take your email off the notifications list. If your name is on the list and I should have removed it already... please let me know and accept my apologies.

Sincerely,
Nicki

PS. A copy of this email will be posted on the rally thread.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #569
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
_ , Florida
I'll be heading to the rally. Luckily I just gave my credit card to the better half of TavNAsh to make my reservations (she's my sister in law). Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #570
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:

CHRIS!

Glad to see you're going to pull out of the igloo (Canada) in Nov. and join us! I thought I would never see you in person again short of coming back to camp at your campground.

If you can time it right, maybe we can do some caravanning south from my place. Our plan currently is to leave the last week of Oct. and hit some stops along the way south, then blaze a trail north when it's all over.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #571
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
CHRIS!

Glad to see you're going to pull out of the igloo (Canada) in Nov. and join us! I thought I would never see you in person again short of coming back to camp at your campground.

If you can time it right, maybe we can do some caravanning south from my place. Our plan currently is to leave the last week of Oct. and hit some stops along the way south, then blaze a trail north when it's all over.
Jason we can work this out later. If I am bringing my nieces I will be leaving here Nov 1 as they can't miss too much school. If they fly down with my sister I can leave a little bit earlier maybe sometime around Fri the 26th of Oct. Are you sure you want to be seen with a SOB in a caravan?
I won't be caravanning back. After the rally I will be towing the trailer over to a park in Fla for the winter.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #572
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
As Andrea has it planned now, we will pull out Oct. 26 after I get home from work. We will leave FW on Nov 10 AM and travel due north.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #573
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Though we are just a tad over 9 months out, it is fun to be planning! Thanks Nicki, the planning is so appreciated. We have our two spots paid for, tickets purchased, leaving the meal plan to be handled and an itinerary for activities completed.

If there is an interest to meet up and drive in the two main approaches are I75 to I4 and I95 to I4. A location just off of each approach could be selected to meet up. This may be too difficult but thought "you never know".

We are about an 1.5 hours from the entrance to FW. On the east side in New Smyrna Beach and have access to 100 acres with water and electric or there is a nice campground right off I95 if anyone thinks they would like to come in a couple of days early. We are very close to the space center and Merritt Island wildlife refuge. The flats fishing here is world class with great guides available. And of course the beach is very pretty.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com

http://www.sugarmillruinstravelpark.net

http://www.nsbfla.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #574
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
We are about an 1.5 hours from the entrance to FW. On the east side in New Smyrna Beach and have access to 100 acres with water and electric or there is a nice campground right off I95 if anyone thinks they would like to come in a couple of days early. We are very close to the space center and Merritt Island wildlife refuge. The flats fishing here is world class with great guides available. And of course the beach is very pretty.
I have no idea at this time what our route will be from Ohio to Orlando in the week prior to the rally that we plan to see the south. But stopping by for a day on the beach and 100 acres?!?! sounds like a great idea.

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally