Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
We just signed up. Our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren will meet us at Fort Wilderness and stay with us.

My wife and I are looking forward to it as we have never been to Disney World. I know - we've been deprived but that is life.

We're looking forward to it because it combines three great things - spending time with Airstreamers; kids and grandkids; and Disney World.

Although we don't have a dog, we are dog people and have had several in the past. We believe that pets are good for kids.

Thanks to Kathy, Nikki, Shawn and all who have worked to set this up.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
So far there's at least 3 of us from OH coming. Seems like we ought to convene on Cincinnati and caravan down there.
Jason & Andrea:

We are coming from Illinois and would love to meet up and caravan. Just let us know the meet up location and time.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
We are Disney Vacation Club members also. I wonder if they'd let us use our points to pay for our spot at the rally?

I believe they will, each camper in the rally is really an individual camper to FW and Disney. They will just facilitate the rally group and try to put us all in the same loop - which will be a remote loop, so that they can keep all the other reservations at the same time. Remember, if you make a reservation at FW you cannot pick a site, they reserve the right to put you anywhere in the campground. We called, we will use our Disney points from our visa to pay.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #64
4 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
1985 31' Excella
1969 29' Ambassador
Crescent , Oklahoma
We have signed up. How soon should/can we book FW? We've never been to a rally or FW so I dont really know how all this works

TAC OK-5
lahrfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Ok, now I'm confused. Do each of us call and book our own site, or are the rally organizers doing that on our behalf?
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
1985 31' Excella
1969 29' Ambassador
Crescent , Oklahoma
Dont let me confuse you, I am asking because I dont know anything . I think I read you book campgrounds on your own, but like I said I've never done this.

TAC OK-5
lahrfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Jason & Andrea:

We are coming from Illinois and would love to meet up and caravan. Just let us know the meet up location and time.
You'll pardon me if it takes a while to get back to you with that one.

I think I'll really start planning that one 'round about Oct 2012.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahrfarm View Post
We have signed up. How soon should/can we book FW? We've never been to a rally or FW so I dont really know how all this works
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Ok, now I'm confused. Do each of us call and book our own site, or are the rally organizers doing that on our behalf?
I'm sure Nicki will pop in here and give all the details sometime later tonight. I know that both Nicki and Kathy are traveling right now.

Nicki can kick me later if I'm wrong, but I think for now the RSVPs are being collected to see how many are really interested in going. At some point in Nicki & Disney's communication, there will be a "group number" assigned to the group and then each person can call Disney and make / pay for their reservation. But, the planning is not at this stage yet.

Thanks for RSVP'ing and joining in the rally!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:22 AM   #69
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
each camper in the rally is really an individual camper to FW and Disney.

Very true, however things are a bit different. We had to speak to a CM who only deals with groups reserving larger than 10 sites, (according to that Cm) we are receiving a discount (I don't remember how much) for signing up as a large group, I actually have to sign a contract with Disney. So I want to make sure before people start planning on using them. It's a quick email.

However, if you have ever done a gathering this large at Disney please, please share your experience. I would appreciate any input you have

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #70
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
So let's clear up some confustion...

I will be receiving a contract from our "Special" Cast Member who deals only with groups larger than 10 sites. The contract is what makes me question wether or not you can use your DVC or Disney Visa points. I will be emailing Leanne about this.

I had a choice as to wether I wanted to handle the money or not.... I chose not. So after the contract is signed we will receive a group coordinator, a group number and a phone number for ressies. Each individual Airstream will call in and make their own reservations. This also eliminates one person being held financially responsible for the group.

There are some things we will need to discuss/decide together during the process like dining shows, grand gathering experiences, etc. I am currently gathering info on these things.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #71
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Ok, thanks, Nicki, for clarifying. I won't do anything until I hear back from you with the details. Thanks for checking on the DVC points thing. If we are unable to use them for this, no big deal. We'll just pay real money like everyone else! Thanks for your hard work in organizing this!
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #72
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I have sent the email. Hopefully I should hear something tomorrow.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #73
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Shawn plans on opening a zazzle store for shirts and merchandise with the FW 2012 early next week when we get back home.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #74
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Just wanted to let you I am still waiting on an email from Leanne. I plan on emailing her again tomorrow. We are traveling and I just realized I still hadn't hear from her.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM   #75
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
From Leanne -

"I am checking on these questions, as I do not take payments.
Please standby until I can find the appropriate partner to answer."

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Speaking of Questions

I have another random question.

What about the dining plan? Is it possible for an individual to still have the option to purchase the dining plan at a later date? (I wouldn't mind paying next year's rates for camping...)

Just curious.

We've purchased the dining plan on a past Disney trip and really loved it... but we can live without it.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #77
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
the dining plan_
so far only a single person has said they want the dining plan...but we may need to talk about this one. I looked into the prices of the Grand Gathering Experiences and the cheapest per adult was around $29.99. The illuminations event was about twice that. You can use dining plan credits for these events. Obviously the you still pay for it so here is what needs to be considered

Do you plan on attending the Grand Gathering events?
Do you plan on eating in the theme parks or coming back to your trailer for lunch?
Do you wish to do other Character meals?

I'll tell you the food is fabulous and if you do get a discount if you really use the dining plan. However, if you plan on eating most meals at your trailer it might be cheaper to pay for the grand gathering experiences separate.

I am heading into the no internet zone camp ground (no cell phone service either). We will be home Sat or Sun and I will check in to see what you all think

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #78
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
You also may need to consider if you plan on doing Counter Service (fast food) or Table Service (sit down meals).

Here is the start of my research on the Grand Gathering and Diner Shows that I have so far:

Fort Wilderness Rally

Special Dining Options –
Mickey’s Backyard BBQ - $27 per child, $45 per adult Mickey's Backyard Barbeque Dinner Show | Walt Disney World Resort

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue –
Seating | Prices | Hoop-De-Doo Musical Revue Dinner Show | Walt Disney World Resort

Grand Gathering experiences –

Grand Gathering Experiences FAQs - Walt Disney World

Magical Gathering at the Walt Disney World® Resort

TAC OK-42

]
Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #79
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Late to the party but really excited for Nov 2012!!!

Nicki, SOOOO Glad that you are putting this together!!! I have been going to FW since I was a very young and still enjoy it today!

My husband and I are driving from FL to go pick up our new AS this week and since Fort Wilderness is such a special place for us we are making it our first official stop on the way home. We will be there next weekend (24th - 26th) if anyone will be in the area.

When I called to make the reservation a few days ago the Cast Member who was helping me informed me that this would be my 61st visit staying on property at Disney! I knew that I had been there a lot but had no clue that it was than many times!

My profile picture is of us at FW November 2010 in a 1974, 30’ Cayo (Avion ties, same family). We were going to gut the whole thing and fix it up this year but we got impatient, sold it and signed a contract on a new one. We will post pictures of the inaugural trip as soon as we get them.

Can’t wait to meet everyone in Nov 2012!!! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help out, we will probably be through there several times before the rally.

Ashley
TavnAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #80
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Welcome Ashley!

Please share anything you might feel is relevant!!

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally