View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #533
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Reservation Email Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirsDreamJJ View Post
Hi Nicki,
In my excitement after reading 30 or so more pages in this thread that I hadn't seen when I first encountered it, I may have RSVP'ed twice!
Have emails confirming RSVP gone out? because I didn't receive/see/may have accidently deleted it.
Do I need to do anything yet?pay for anything yet? get an Airstream? (just kidding, check)
340 more sleeps!
Jojo and Rick
I just sent the email with the reservation info on it. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #534
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Called Fort Wilderness Today

I had either via email or on this thread, many moons ago, some questions about site assignment notification. So today I decided to call Fort Wilderness to ask some questions.

Where will we all be:
No one, not even the host, will know the location of anyone's site prior to that persons check-in. Privacy and safety reasons. I kind of figured this would be the answer but wanted to cover all bases.

Site requests-
As many of us who have been to the Fort know, you can request a specific site number. You would fax or call it in to Fort Wilderness directly 10 days prior to arrival. Many have a list of 2 or 3 favorite sites. Disney will try to honor the request but make no guarantees.

Can I park next to my friends -
Just like a site number request, you can contact them 10 days prior to arrival and request being put next to someone from the group. You would need both parties confirmation numbers and both parties would have to fax/call in the request. (keep in mind this requires you to have reserved the same type of loop. premium=premium and most likely pet=pet)

If you plan on making one of these request I urge you to contact Fort Wilderness and not the main reservation line. In the case of Fort Wilderness Policy, from things I've heard on several boards, its best to contact Fort Wilderness about it.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #535
2 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport FB
Bonita Springs , Florida
I want to say a big thank you to those who are coordinating this rally. I was just quoted $102 a night for a week in Feb. The $49 rate for the rally is awesome!!!!

Tony Fl-28
Old 12-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #536
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Rally countdown Counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
just because the threads been quiet.....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #537
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Merry Christmas
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #538
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Merry Christmas Everyone!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #539
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Kathy and Hank
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #540
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I just spent an hour talking to Castmember Paul. Was wondering if I could purchase the regular dining plan and later upgrade to the deluxe plan if I wanted to do that. Turns out that you can. You have to do the upgrade 5 days prior to your arrival date. Purchasing the Dining Plan allows you to make reservations without using a credit card to hold the reservation or pay for the meal in advance.

We also talked about tours that are offered. There is a "Dive with the Dolphins" tour at Epcot, a Wild African tour, lots of tours in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. All sounded interesting and weren't too expensive. Checked into a "driving experience" for Hank-driving "fast" cars around a track-his kind of thing.

Asked what would be completed and open in the new Fantasyland area in the MK. For Nov. 2012 Dumbo's Ride, the "Be Our Guest" restaurant and Belle's area should be open. He suggested looking at Disney blogs on the web as some behind the scenes information is leaked on those sites.

It's snowing, blowing and generally cold in Ohio. Wish I was at Disney.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #541
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Good to know about the dining plans, as we might decide to upgrade to the deluxe at a later date.

Fortfiends has a thread dedicated to following those leaks, as do most of the other Disney related sites. You should check out a few of them if your interested. The pictures are pretty cool, particularly the artists drawings of what is coming.

I hate to say this but we are on the coast of somewhere temperate waiting for the cold front to come through!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #542
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Just a few reminders and to bump up the thread -

1. We can start making our dining reservations on May 1st. For those wanting to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and/or Aloha Dinner shows, I have been told that you will probably want to call in your reservations pretty early.... particularly for Hoop-Dee-Doo. As I've only been to Disney at the busiest times of the year and never been to either show, I can't say either way.
2. I was thinking of posting two nights for each of the above shows for anyone wishing to attend as a group. As I know that everyone wants the freedom to do as they wish, this is just as a suggestion.
3. I know both the May start of ADR (Advanced dining reservations) and the actual rally seem a long way off but researching places to eat table service meals, for those not eating in their AS, at Disney can be overwhelming to someone who has never done it. Not to mention anyone wanting to use the DDP (Disney Dining Plan) will want to know which plan to choose.
4. We have 29 reservations made out of 41 RSVPs.
5. Anyone that has any questions or needs help planning, please shoot me a pm or email. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #543
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Attendee list

Is it possible, since you have all the RSVP's/names wanting to attend to send out a list of attendees to all those attending. I know there may be some reservations about doing it, but I think if you could send a form email to everyone asking if they could be put on a list to be sent out. I would suggest Name, departure point, attendance dates, attending with kids and email. This way we could start to communicate with each other. I my self will be leaving from either Memphis or Southern MS and will be driving solo since my wife can't arrive till later in the week. It would be nice to start making plans for caravaning if anyone is up for it.

I would even be more than happy to do the work (emailing and data collection) for you.

Since our kids are in college, it would be nice to find out if others wanted to do more of the adult stuff.... Don't get me wrong, I plan to be on every ride! But I think a nice dinner out would be fun as well as doing the Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo shows.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #544
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Is it possible, since you have all the RSVP's/names wanting to attend to send out a list of attendees to all those attending. I know there may be some reservations about doing it, but I think if you could send a form email to everyone asking if they could be put on a list to be sent out. I would suggest Name, departure point, attendance dates, attending with kids and email. This way we could start to communicate with each other. I my self will be leaving from either Memphis or Southern MS and will be driving solo since my wife can't arrive till later in the week. It would be nice to start making plans for caravaning if anyone is up for it.

I would even be more than happy to do the work (emailing and data collection) for you.

Since our kids are in college, it would be nice to find out if others wanted to do more of the adult stuff.... Don't get me wrong, I plan to be on every ride! But I think a nice dinner out would be fun as well as doing the Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo shows.
I think this is a wonderful idea. We have such a diverse group coming with different needs. I think the best way is to allow people to opt in. Anyone interested in this idea can send me a pm or email. I am sure others will be along soon to let us know what they think of the idea.

I love the caravanning idea and I think some would be interested in doing so. Personally, I'd love to be standing outside at the Reception Outpost taking pictures of a long line of Airstreams arriving together.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #545
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Sounds like a plan

Sounds like we have a plan! Let me know what you want me to do to help!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #546
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
My suggestion would just be to use this thread to discuss and announce caravans, side trips, etc. The entire rally has been organized online through this thread. It seems, at least to me, that continuing to post here is the best way to get messages to the group.

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally