Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #761
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkowalyk View Post
Nicki:

Thanks for the update. How many people signed up for the Hoop De Doo Review? We could change our reservation.
as far as I know, none. Because the reservations are made individually, I only have the information provided by the attendees. No one has let me know if they are attending either the Hoop Dee Doo or the Spirit of Aloha (other than you).

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #762
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Ok attendees. I am about to remove the Spirit of Aloha and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue from the rally schedule. As far as I can tell, only two families have signed up for either. I do not want people to assume that there are people showing up for these events only to find they have paid money to see it on their own.

However, I would like to make sure this is accurate before removing it. Please reply to this post, send a pm, or email me if you plan on attending either of these shows.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #763
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Per group email -

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that I have removed the two dinner shows from the the schedule of events. I was unable to determine if anyone had signed up for these so decided to just remove them. If anyone wants to suggest replacements fell free to do so.
Thanks,
Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #764
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Per second group email-
This is just a notice of some changes and a reminder for all. The deadline for accepting new attendees is now Sept 3th. All reservations for campground fees/sites must be made by Sept 4, 2012, at this point we will be releasing any unreserved sites back to Disney's general pool. This has been moved up several weeks earlier than originally stated.

After Sept 30, 2012, the financial responsibility/penalty of canceling a reservation falls onto those who have made reservations. At this point, if we do not have 15 campsites paid in full (not talking about tickets or dining plans just the campsites) we will be canceling the group contract as there is a financial responsibility if the group, at anytime, falls below the minimum required sites. We will NOT be canceling the Rally, just the contract which will cause the rates to go back to being un-discounted. At this point we have less than ten people who have paid in full. Just to clarify, as there was some confusion about it, this is NOT a Disney stipulation.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #765
1 Rivet Member

1987 32' Excella
1978 29' Ambassador
1971 23' Safari
Ball Ground , Georgia
Might it be beneficial to list all participants who have RSVP'ed and payment status or maybe just list those in good standing? That way, if someone does not see their name on the list, they know they need to follow up. I would hate for someone to 'think' they're all set and find out too late.
I think 'hope' I am. Mike TAC GA-3
miker64867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #766
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker64867 View Post
Might it be beneficial to list all participants who have RSVP'ed and payment status or maybe just list those in good standing? That way, if someone does not see their name on the list, they know they need to follow up. I would hate for someone to 'think' they're all set and find out too late.
I think 'hope' I am. Mike TAC GA-3
I have given this some thought and sent out this

as per group emai -

Hi All,
If you have called Disney to make your reservations, received a confirmation number from a person or via email, please ignore this email. If not, I am trying to ensure that no one is confused as I'd hate for someone to just show up assuming they are good to attend. In other words, an RSVP with me just ensured that there were still spots available at the rally and you received the correct information to make your reservation.

We have just over 40 sites that have RSVP'd through me. Once you RSVP'd with me, I sent you email containing instructions on how to make your reservations with Walt Disney World. Only 24 people who have RSVP'd have actually called Disney to make their reservations. This means that almost half of the people have not called Disney to reserve your spot. Because so many of us filled out the TAC RSVP form over a year ago, I just want to make sure everyone knows that if you do not call Disney, reserve a site, and make a deposit you will not have a spot in the Rally. As of Sept 4th, we will be returning all unused spots back into Disney's General Pool. This gives anyone still interested in attending 3 weeks to make your reservations.

Sincerely,
Nicki

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #767
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Fort Wilderness Camping Fee Paid in Full

We are all set... we have paid the balance of our camping fee.

Counting the days....

And we can't wait to see Dennis DeYoung at Epcot (original singer from Styx)

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #768
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Thanks!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #769
3 Rivet Member

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Kingston , Nova Scotia
Thanks

Thanks Rebelstand for organizing this event. My wife and I signed up last fall when we heard there was an airstream rally happening.
We where at Fort wilderness when I read about the rally, we had planned on returning this fall regardless. But being at the fort with other airstream owners was a real bonus.
We paid in full two weeks ago.

George
Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #770
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Thanks Rebelstand for organizing this event. My wife and I signed up last fall when we heard there was an airstream rally happening.
We where at Fort wilderness when I read about the rally, we had planned on returning this fall regardless. But being at the fort with other airstream owners was a real bonus.
We paid in full two weeks ago.

George
Thanks!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #771
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Great work Nicki! This even looks like a lot of fun!

Questions... Although I did not read all 55 pages, sorry if I missed something in between.

1. Can spots be reserved for a partial week? Like Tuesday-Friday? (I'll be headed to Fort DeSoto beach outside of Tampa on Friday afternoon)

2. Would a SOB 1948 Spartan Mansion 30' in some state of restoration be welcome? Okay, the outside is semi decent... Inside is dicey. As for hook-ups: water and 20A circuit is all I can use. (pics on request to see if it meets quality standards LOL)

We would be okay at any style camp site (premium versus standard) to fit the groups needs in layout. No kids this time to plan around. I doubt we would need Disney tickets as we need to explore Universal Studios. (we did Disney proper with the kids two years ago)

Most likely, I would drive the rig down and pick up the wife at the Orlando airport once camp is setup... Tragic I know! The journey can be half the fun... Okay I-95 straight south is not that exciting.

Don't worry we'll have a case of good Virgina red wine with us to share for our AS shortcomings.

Enough rambling from me! Please PM me if you need anything or have questions.

Thanks!
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #772
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Please come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post

2. Would a SOB 1948 Spartan Mansion 30' in some state of restoration be welcome? Okay, the outside is semi decent... Inside is dicey. As for hook-ups: water and 20A circuit is all I can use. (pics on request to see if it meets quality standards LOL)
Oh my goodness! I would love to see your Spartan!!!
(Pictures requested... but don't worry, I'm sure it meets my quality standards!)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #773
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Here are the FS pics / as delivered pics... It looks better now, but not a lot. LOL I need to take some current photos!

The full monty at: 1948 Spartan Mansion pictures by apillowtype2 - Photobucket
Others: 1971 Chevy C-10 with 5.3 LS and T5 conversion, 1983 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer (FSJ) with 5.3 LS and SM465 conversion, 1979 Porsche 911SC
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #774
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Very cute! (If anything that is 30' can every be cute!)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #775
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Great work Nicki! This even looks like a lot of fun!

Questions... Although I did not read all 55 pages, sorry if I missed something in between.

1. Can spots be reserved for a partial week? Like Tuesday-Friday? (I'll be headed to Fort DeSoto beach outside of Tampa on Friday afternoon)

We would be okay at any style camp site (premium versus standard) to fit the groups needs in layout. No kids this time to plan around. I doubt we would need Disney tickets as we need to explore Universal Studios. (we did Disney proper with the kids two years ago)

Most likely, I would drive the rig down and pick up the wife at the Orlando airport once camp is setup... Tragic I know! The journey can be half the fun... Okay I-95 straight south is not that exciting.

Don't worry we'll have a case of good Virgina red wine with us to share for our AS shortcomings.

Enough rambling from me! Please PM me if you need anything or have questions.

Thanks!
1. yes
2. yes (we no loner have a stream)(someone may bring a scotty)

3. i do believe that you can get the Magical Express to pick her up from the airport and drop her off at the Fort's Outpost.

pm if you want to come and need the disney contact info

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #776
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:

You can be in a Bounder motor home for all I care if you've got a case of wine to share!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #777
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
You can be in a Bounder motor home for all I care if you've got a case of wine to share!

boy, you are easy....... and you know he could be in a tent on a trailer for the case of wine and you wouldn't care

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #778
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
That's a cool old rig! I would love to see it!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #779
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Warrenton , Virginia
Thanks for all the positive feedback! The Mansion has her share of issues due to water collection at some point, but the frame and running gear are solid... And we can work with that! It will need a complete restoration over the winter though. The floor is shot and it needs new electrical.

Nicki, that sounds great! I will firm up plans this weekend and shoot you a PM at worst on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
So it's just not a clever screen name! LOL Lately the VA wineries have been producing some very good blends. We'll try to bring a variety in the case for tasting. Granted depending on the wine, many use a CA Merlot as a base or to blend with. Again it depends on the wine... I am no wine snob or connoisseur though, I just like what I like.

We'll roll out the red carpet and put out the pineapple once we get to Disney! Everyone is welcome to come and relax and check out what ultra "vintage" camping was about! Granted compared with the new AS rigs this is chopped liver, but in '48 it was the Cadillac of its time.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #780
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Smile Wow

Love Spartan Mansions. Would have one if I had time, money, repair skill.

Wine-welcome, welcome, welcome. Have been known to make an emergency wine run.

See you in a very few number of days.
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally