View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #519
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Maybe there can be a game made out of finding the three (I believe there are three) Airstreams used for props at DW. The first to have NEW pictures in front of all three win a prize. Of course this would mean that you would have to visit 2 different venues to get all 3. Could be fun. Now - what for a prize?

clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #520
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Maybe there can be a game made out of finding the three (I believe there are three) Airstreams used for props at DW. The first to have NEW pictures in front of all three win a prize. Of course this would mean that you would have to visit 2 different venues to get all 3. Could be fun. Now - what for a prize?
Are we talking in the context of during the rally, or before it? Cuz there will likely be a few people who are going prior to the rally, and a lot of us who won't be there until the rally.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #521
2 Rivet Member

2011 22' Sport FB
Bonita Springs , Florida
i know where one is. have to scope out the others. they took out the one at disney studios by the way
Old 12-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #522
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I noticed some lovely Rally ad logos on the portal today and it dawned on me that this rally doesn't have one in circulation yet. Not that I'm volunteering to make it, but having a logo in the rotation would get the word out even more.

Janet (username: Janet) is the person to get the logo to. She will even design one up for you. I'm not sure if she's a graphic artist by trade or not, but she's good at coming up with rally logos for those that aren't willing to come up with their own.

Nicki...hint, hint
Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #523
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I noticed some lovely Rally ad logos on the portal today and it dawned on me that this rally doesn't have one in circulation yet. Not that I'm volunteering to make it, but having a logo in the rotation would get the word out even more.

Janet (username: Janet) is the person to get the logo to. She will even design one up for you. I'm not sure if she's a graphic artist by trade or not, but she's good at coming up with rally logos for those that aren't willing to come up with their own.

Nicki...hint, hint
I'll put one together -- do you think we'd get in trouble if we used the mouse ears anywhere on the site?

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #524
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post

Nicki...hint, hint
All hints should come in after 10am or the coffee is made....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #525
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
Finally got all my Fort reservations in line for Jan 2- Jan 13, 2012 Our Christmas gift to our youngest was plane tickets to Disney world for her, her husband and their 2.5 year old daughter, Lily. Hee, it's really a Christmas present for me!

When we were at their house this past August and Sept. we watched a Disney flick everyday and every time the castle came on I asked Lil: "Do you want to go to the castle with Mom'smom and Papa?" Now she says "Go there?" every time they watch a Disney flick.

We made the same offer to our son and his wife but they can't make it due to work schedules. But they are going to meet us there for the rally, w00t!

Hope we have good weather. Let me know if you want me to look into anything while we're there.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #526
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
Finally got all my Fort reservations in line for Jan 2- Jan 13, 2012 Our Christmas gift to our youngest was plane tickets to Disney world for her, her husband and their 2.5 year old daughter, Lily. Hee, it's really a Christmas present for me!

When we were at their house this past August and Sept. we watched a Disney flick everyday and every time the castle came on I asked Lil: "Do you want to go to the castle with Mom'smom and Papa?" Now she says "Go there?" every time they watch a Disney flick.

We made the same offer to our son and his wife but they can't make it due to work schedules. But they are going to meet us there for the rally, w00t!

Hope we have good weather. Let me know if you want me to look into anything while we're there.

Sweet! Nice job working on the grand daughter!

Just keep an eye out for interesting things..... Airstreams for instance.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #527
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post

I have been there that time of year - without the family when I was in Coco Beach. I think you will find the weather to be very good for park visits - even cold nights change to nice days in Florida. There were no lines at the rides.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #528
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
No Lines....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
I have been there that time of year - without the family when I was in Coco Beach. I think you will find the weather to be very good for park visits - even cold nights change to nice days in Florida. There were no lines at the rides.

has anyone been there the week of our rally? I'd love to know what the lines were like.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #529
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius
I'll put one together -- do you think we'd get in trouble if we used the mouse ears anywhere on the site?
Maybe send Janet a PM. She should be able to tell you if mouse ears will be a problem.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #530
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I was reading a Trip report on Fortfiends where a group gets together every year. They have informal meets at the parks (as someone here suggested) and here is how they do it.

I have copied their agenda from their Animal Kingdom Day.

"
Today is Animal Kingdom Day!!

The schedule of events for today!!

Everest Fastpass
9:00am @ Animal Kingdom
Attention explorers! If you plan on riding during our 10:30am Expedition Everest meet, make sure to head directly to Expedition Everest and pick up a Fastpass before going to the safari meet!

Kiliminjaro Safari Meet
9:30am @ Animal Kingdom
Location: Meet to the left of the Kilimanjaro Safari entrance
Hosts: Sean and Pam

To kick off our 16th annual _____ Holiday Meet, we're going on a safari through the African savannah of Disney's Animal Kingdom! Our wildlife reserve tour gathers at 9:30am, just to the left of the main entrance of Kilimanjaro Safaris. The elephants and warthogs aren't the only wildlife we're likely to see on this adventure! Be prepared to reunite with old friends and make some new ones as we say "Jambo!" to our 16th annual meet!

Expedition Everest Meet
10:30am @ Animal Kingdom
Hosted by:

We're headed straight to the heart of the Himalayas for a treacherous train ride and a close encounter of the yeti kind! Our trek begins at 2:00pm at RADP base camp, which is across from the main entrance of Expedition Everest. If you plan on riding during this meet, please pick up a Fastpass earlier in the day, and ensure that your return time is 2:00pm or earlier.

Festival of the Lion King
1:00pm @ Animal Kingdom
Meet near the attraction sign in front
Hosts:

Come experience the pageantry and tribal rhythms of Festival of the Lion King! Please meet in the area just past the stroller parking area for this colorful and energetic interactive show. Due to the popularity of this show, please plan to arrive promptly at 1:00, we so can be assured to get into the 1:30 show.

It's Tough To Be A Bug Meet
2:00pm @ Animal Kingdom
Meet just outside the entrance
Hosts:

Whether we're talking about ants, grasshoppers, stink bugs or spiders, it's TOUGH to be a bug! So at 2:30pm, we're meeting at the main entrance sign for It's Tough to be a Bug so we can pay a little respect to our millions of creepy, crawly friends. They've made us honorary bugs, so now we're making them honorary RADPers! Be sure to grab your 3D glasses and get ready to bug out!"

Obviously, we wouldn't set aside a specific day for everyone to go to a specific park. I could make a schedule for each park that works for any day you plan on going. For those who are interested in group meet up for the rides or attractions this might be a good way to accomplish it.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #531
2 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1975 31' Excella 500
Toronto , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to HeirsDreamJJ
Hi Nicki,
In my excitement after reading 30 or so more pages in this thread that I hadn't seen when I first encountered it, I may have RSVP'ed twice!
Have emails confirming RSVP gone out? because I didn't receive/see/may have accidently deleted it.
Do I need to do anything yet?pay for anything yet? get an Airstream? (just kidding, check)
340 more sleeps!
Jojo and Rick
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #532
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Two RSVP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeirsDreamJJ View Post
Hi Nicki,
In my excitement after reading 30 or so more pages in this thread that I hadn't seen when I first encountered it, I may have RSVP'ed twice!
Have emails confirming RSVP gone out? because I didn't receive/see/may have accidently deleted it.
Do I need to do anything yet?pay for anything yet? get an Airstream? (just kidding, check)
340 more sleeps!
Jojo and Rick
I will resend the reservation letter to you via email.

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally