Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #561
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
It's been a busy weekend for me. We now only have 5 spots left for RSVP.... all are preferred.
I took the 6th remaining spot. I had to wait to get confirmation from my sister. I will be bringing my two nieces and their Grandma as a baby sitter.

My sister also will be coming and she will fly in. She will be looking for seperate lodgings. Did someone mention something about rooms or cabins available through our group at a discounted rate?
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #562
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I took the 6th remaining spot. I had to wait to get confirmation from my sister. I will be bringing my two nieces and their Grandma as a baby sitter.

My sister also will be coming and she will fly in. She will be looking for seperate lodgings. Did someone mention something about rooms or cabins available through our group at a discounted rate?

you email is on the way!

we decided against adding the rooms or cabins... you can probably pitch a tent on your site though....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #563
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
you email is on the way!

we decided against adding the rooms or cabins... you can probably pitch a tent on your site though....
My snob nose in the air sister doesn't want to do " the trailer thing" so there is no way she will stay in a tent.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #564
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
My snob nose in the air sister doesn't want to do " the trailer thing" so there is no way she will stay in a tent.
how can I help?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #565
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
The cabin for Nov 4-10 would be $2,110 without tickets.
All Star Resorts for the same period would be $662 without tickets.

Tell her the bathrooms are better at the Fort....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #566
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Military connection? Try Shades of Green - a DOD resort on Disney property and easy access to all transportation.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #567
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Military connection? Try Shades of Green - a DOD resort on Disney property and easy access to all transportation.
you are awesome! good thinking!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #568
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Important Rally Information- As per the email

Rally Attendees,
Shawn and I felt it was about time to start sharing some important information with you.

We will be able to start making Dining Reservations on May 1, 2012. For those planning on attending the Hoop-Dee-Doo, Spirit Of Aloha, or any character meals I strongly encourage you to call as soon as you can.

All reservations for campground fees/sites must be made by Sept 4, 2012. At this point we will offer up the remaining spots to anyone who might be on the waiting list.

As of Sept 30, 2012 we will be releasing any unreserved sites back to Disney's general pool. At this point, if we do not have 15 campsites paid in full (not talking about tickets or dining plans just the campsites) we will be canceling the group contract as we, Shawn & Nicki, are financially responsible if the group falls below the minimum required sites. We will NOT be canceling the Rally, just the group contract which will cause the rates to go back to being un-discounted.

After October 5, 2012, the financial responsibility/penalty of canceling a reservation falls onto those who have made reservations.

If you have RSVP'd for a spot and your circumstances have changed please let me know so I can change the RSVP status and take your email off the notifications list. If your name is on the list and I should have removed it already... please let me know and accept my apologies.

Sincerely,
Nicki

PS. A copy of this email will be posted on the rally thread.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #569
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
_ , North Carolina
I'll be heading to the rally. Luckily I just gave my credit card to the better half of TavNAsh to make my reservations (she's my sister in law). Looking forward to meeting everyone.
FLMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #570
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:

CHRIS!

Glad to see you're going to pull out of the igloo (Canada) in Nov. and join us! I thought I would never see you in person again short of coming back to camp at your campground.

If you can time it right, maybe we can do some caravanning south from my place. Our plan currently is to leave the last week of Oct. and hit some stops along the way south, then blaze a trail north when it's all over.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #571
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
CHRIS!

Glad to see you're going to pull out of the igloo (Canada) in Nov. and join us! I thought I would never see you in person again short of coming back to camp at your campground.

If you can time it right, maybe we can do some caravanning south from my place. Our plan currently is to leave the last week of Oct. and hit some stops along the way south, then blaze a trail north when it's all over.
Jason we can work this out later. If I am bringing my nieces I will be leaving here Nov 1 as they can't miss too much school. If they fly down with my sister I can leave a little bit earlier maybe sometime around Fri the 26th of Oct. Are you sure you want to be seen with a SOB in a caravan?
I won't be caravanning back. After the rally I will be towing the trailer over to a park in Fla for the winter.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #572
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
As Andrea has it planned now, we will pull out Oct. 26 after I get home from work. We will leave FW on Nov 10 AM and travel due north.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #573
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Though we are just a tad over 9 months out, it is fun to be planning! Thanks Nicki, the planning is so appreciated. We have our two spots paid for, tickets purchased, leaving the meal plan to be handled and an itinerary for activities completed.

If there is an interest to meet up and drive in the two main approaches are I75 to I4 and I95 to I4. A location just off of each approach could be selected to meet up. This may be too difficult but thought "you never know".

We are about an 1.5 hours from the entrance to FW. On the east side in New Smyrna Beach and have access to 100 acres with water and electric or there is a nice campground right off I95 if anyone thinks they would like to come in a couple of days early. We are very close to the space center and Merritt Island wildlife refuge. The flats fishing here is world class with great guides available. And of course the beach is very pretty.

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com

http://www.sugarmillruinstravelpark.net

http://www.nsbfla.com
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #574
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
We are about an 1.5 hours from the entrance to FW. On the east side in New Smyrna Beach and have access to 100 acres with water and electric or there is a nice campground right off I95 if anyone thinks they would like to come in a couple of days early. We are very close to the space center and Merritt Island wildlife refuge. The flats fishing here is world class with great guides available. And of course the beach is very pretty.
I have no idea at this time what our route will be from Ohio to Orlando in the week prior to the rally that we plan to see the south. But stopping by for a day on the beach and 100 acres?!?! sounds like a great idea.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #575
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Burnsville , North Carolina
Ha, Jason I hope I wasn't misleading, the acreage is NOT on the Ocean, it is near the Ocean. I thought I would figure out how to post a google map quick (there goes my positive outlook again) and it stumped me. The acreage is about 15 miles from the Beach. The KOA is about five miles.

The acreage with electric and water is fun for hiking, biking, about and is about 12 miles from the wildlife refuge and then another 10 miles to the Space Center. There is a large fire pit and a covered area for a gathering.

The campground is very close to town, it is an old park with shade and mature trees and would afford folks to see old New Smyrna which dates back to the same time as St. Augustine. There is driving on the beach and several scooter rental companies. November can be really good Beach weather or it can drop below the comfort zone, we just never know.

If there is an interesst for anyone to arrive here before the rally, I would love to host a casual gathering at either place. Plenty of time for commitments, so I will throw this out there, around September - October and see if there is any interest.

All the planning and talking airstreams has me really wanting to make a northern trip this summer but between work and grandchildren to play with I think local camping is in the cards this year. So glad Nicki has got you all heading this way. The only month that rivals November for great weather in Central Florida is April.

New Smyrna Beach .com Turtle Mound Another cool site in our area.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #576
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Unfortunately, we have had a few cancellations so we now have 8 spots available. Thanks to those who could not make it for letting me know this far in advance.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #577
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Bump

Little bump
Quote:

Now we are into counting down the months and days... no more of that year junk.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #578
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
"Hi" to all the WDW campers.

I took one afternoon and looked at dining options for WDW on Youtube. Some really good info and pics. This helped me to decide where I want to make reservations. Have made a spread sheet with the resorts, parks across the top and Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on the sides Have another sheet from PassPorters. Once I make the reservations I can put the date, location, and time of each dining reservation on this one. I am really trying to get dining at the same park on the same day. Not so much running around that way.

It sounds like a lot of organizing but I want to get a wide variety of dining experiences. We have been to WDW in the past without dining reservations and found either very late or very early times were left for dining. Not so good when you end up "having to settle" for meals.

If any experiences WDW travelers have advice please let me know. I welcome all the shortcuts and advice.

Kathy
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #579
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I have heard breafast at O'hana at the polynesian is good. Something about tonga toast....

Supposedly if you choose a late enough dining at EPCOT (for a restaurant on the Lagoon that has outdoor seating) you can watch illuminations from the restaurant.. I have no proof. Just rumours.

We will be revisiting the Rose & Crown and the Yak & Yeti.

Scifi Diner is pretty cool but it's all diner food...good diner food.

Can't remember the name of the place we ate in the Magic Kingdom but honestly every where we ate was good.

If you do end up having dining at a different park than the one you intend on going to you will need a Park Hopper to get into the other park.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 02-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #580
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Plant City , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand
I have heard breafast at O'hana at the polynesian is good. Something about tonga toast....

Supposedly if you choose a late enough dining at EPCOT (for a restaurant on the Lagoon that has outdoor seating) you can watch illuminations from the restaurant.. I have no proof. Just rumours.

We will be revisiting the Rose & Crown and the Yak & Yeti.

Scifi Diner is pretty cool but it's all diner food...good diner food.

Can't remember the name of the place we ate in the Magic Kingdom but honestly every where we ate was good.

If you do end up having dining at a different park than the one you intend on going to you will need a Park Hopper to get into the other park.
Tonga toast is the best. It is two slices of sour dough bread stuffed with bananas then covered with cinnamon and sugar.

This is served with syrup and strawberry compote in the side with your choice of breakfast meat. It's 12.99 and worth every penny.

The name of the restaurant is Kona cafe and serves breakfast till 11:30.
ck21084 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally