Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #541
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Good to know about the dining plans, as we might decide to upgrade to the deluxe at a later date.

Fortfiends has a thread dedicated to following those leaks, as do most of the other Disney related sites. You should check out a few of them if your interested. The pictures are pretty cool, particularly the artists drawings of what is coming.

I hate to say this but we are on the coast of somewhere temperate waiting for the cold front to come through!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #542
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Just a few reminders and to bump up the thread -

1. We can start making our dining reservations on May 1st. For those wanting to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and/or Aloha Dinner shows, I have been told that you will probably want to call in your reservations pretty early.... particularly for Hoop-Dee-Doo. As I've only been to Disney at the busiest times of the year and never been to either show, I can't say either way.
2. I was thinking of posting two nights for each of the above shows for anyone wishing to attend as a group. As I know that everyone wants the freedom to do as they wish, this is just as a suggestion.
3. I know both the May start of ADR (Advanced dining reservations) and the actual rally seem a long way off but researching places to eat table service meals, for those not eating in their AS, at Disney can be overwhelming to someone who has never done it. Not to mention anyone wanting to use the DDP (Disney Dining Plan) will want to know which plan to choose.
4. We have 29 reservations made out of 41 RSVPs.
5. Anyone that has any questions or needs help planning, please shoot me a pm or email. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #543
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Attendee list

Is it possible, since you have all the RSVP's/names wanting to attend to send out a list of attendees to all those attending. I know there may be some reservations about doing it, but I think if you could send a form email to everyone asking if they could be put on a list to be sent out. I would suggest Name, departure point, attendance dates, attending with kids and email. This way we could start to communicate with each other. I my self will be leaving from either Memphis or Southern MS and will be driving solo since my wife can't arrive till later in the week. It would be nice to start making plans for caravaning if anyone is up for it.

I would even be more than happy to do the work (emailing and data collection) for you.

Since our kids are in college, it would be nice to find out if others wanted to do more of the adult stuff.... Don't get me wrong, I plan to be on every ride! But I think a nice dinner out would be fun as well as doing the Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo shows.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #544
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Is it possible, since you have all the RSVP's/names wanting to attend to send out a list of attendees to all those attending. I know there may be some reservations about doing it, but I think if you could send a form email to everyone asking if they could be put on a list to be sent out. I would suggest Name, departure point, attendance dates, attending with kids and email. This way we could start to communicate with each other. I my self will be leaving from either Memphis or Southern MS and will be driving solo since my wife can't arrive till later in the week. It would be nice to start making plans for caravaning if anyone is up for it.

I would even be more than happy to do the work (emailing and data collection) for you.

Since our kids are in college, it would be nice to find out if others wanted to do more of the adult stuff.... Don't get me wrong, I plan to be on every ride! But I think a nice dinner out would be fun as well as doing the Aloha or Hoop-Dee-Doo shows.
I think this is a wonderful idea. We have such a diverse group coming with different needs. I think the best way is to allow people to opt in. Anyone interested in this idea can send me a pm or email. I am sure others will be along soon to let us know what they think of the idea.

I love the caravanning idea and I think some would be interested in doing so. Personally, I'd love to be standing outside at the Reception Outpost taking pictures of a long line of Airstreams arriving together.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #545
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Sounds like a plan

Sounds like we have a plan! Let me know what you want me to do to help!!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #546
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
My suggestion would just be to use this thread to discuss and announce caravans, side trips, etc. The entire rally has been organized online through this thread. It seems, at least to me, that continuing to post here is the best way to get messages to the group.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #547
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
My suggestion would just be to use this thread to discuss and announce caravans, side trips, etc. The entire rally has been organized online through this thread. It seems, at least to me, that continuing to post here is the best way to get messages to the group.
also another good idea.....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #548
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Why don't we all just post our info here:
My husband and I will be driving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL
as of now we will be there for the whole rally.
Arriving on check in day about noon.
no kids, but are big kids and love to have fun!!

Here is a picture from the hoop-dee-doo in december. My husband was scheming behind my back and got them to select me to be the "dancing girl"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashley hoop de doo .jpg
Views:	380
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	149194  
TavnAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #549
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Hoop Dee Doo Revue... Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TavnAsh View Post
Why don't we all just post our info here:
My husband and I will be driving from Ft. Lauderdale, FL
as of now we will be there for the whole rally.
Arriving on check in day about noon.
no kids, but are big kids and love to have fun!!

Here is a picture from the hoop-dee-doo in december. My husband was scheming behind my back and got them to select me to be the "dancing girl"...
So what did you think of the show? Congrats on being the dancing girl!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #550
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I was hit with a bit of the planning bug today. Keeping in mind everyone's preference to keep it simple and not over plan everyones respective vacation, I have come up with a Rally Schedule.

Sunday-
Meet & Greet Happy Hour -
After getting setup, bring the drink and snack (if you want one) of your choice. Place to be decided on later.
(This might be your only chance to meet a large portion of the attendees)

Monday -
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - Time to be determined

Tuesday -
zilch, nada, nothing... plan your own festivities or none at all.

Wednesday -
Chef Mickey's Breakfast (Character meal for kids if anyone is interested)
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner

Thursday -
zilch, nada, zero, nothing - plan your own festivities

Friday -
Goodbye at the Campfire Sing-A-Long
Bring your marshmallows, roasting sticks, chocolate, graham crackers, hot dogs, & buns (if you want)...

Saturday -
Zilch, nada, nothing, zero...

Obviously, you can do as many or as few as you like.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #551
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I like that schedule!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #552
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We will be driving from Ohio and arriving on the first of November. We're taking a day or two and going to Universal Studios. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Let us know if we can do anything-any setup at Ft. Wilderness as we will be arriving early.

Kathy and Hank
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #553
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2H View Post
We will be driving from Ohio and arriving on the first of November. We're taking a day or two and going to Universal Studios. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Let us know if we can do anything-any setup at Ft. Wilderness as we will be arriving early.

Kathy and Hank

did you finally get your own name?

Not going to be much setup since it's all informal but we will also be there early. I might need you to print me off some stuff from that spreadsheet (bus route info etc)

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #554
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I decided that I needed my own as I had to keep asking Hank for the password to sign in under his name.

I have copied the transportation information for the parks, Downtown Disney and Ft. Wilderness. The info sheets tell how to get from your location to the parks, resorts, golf courses, etc. Walk, boat, and internal bus options. Let me know what you need and how many. I can get that ready for you to have at the BB.

I received the hardcover PassPorter's Walt Disney World. So much more in terms of maps, pics, journal/trip recording, phone numbers, and online references. This was a gift from my younger brother. Great source of information.

Off to try PassPorter Online.

Kathy
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #555
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Planning

Why don't we get together at the BB and talk about what we need? It would probably help me clarify what I need and don't need to put out there for the attendees.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #556
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Requested Info -

I received a request for some information and it was suggested that I share in case other's need it.

Pet Boarding- ON Site at WDW
Best Friends Pet Care
Best Friends Pet Care : Walt Disney World Resort
Phone: (877) 493-9738 Fax: (203) 840-5266

Information on Child Care can be found at Allears.net

Customizable Maps - You can create a map putting the things you like to see while in the parks. Disney will print them and send them out for your trip. They have regular maps at the parks.

I thought I'd give you and update. We have just 7 spots left that are available for RSVP. If those 7 spots get snatched up I will start a waiting list. At some point, later this year, I will contact those who have not set up their reservations to ensure they still plan on attending.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #557
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Updated Rally Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
We have just 7 spots left that are available for RSVP.
make that 6 spots left for RSVP. All the full hookup RSVP's have been claimed but not reserved. So a gentle reminder that if you have RSVP'd for either premium or fullhookups, because Disney controls the reservations for our group, the only way to ensure you get the type of spot you RSVP'd for is to make your reservation.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #558
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Waiting...... Waiting...... Waiting.......
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #559
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
It's been a busy weekend for me. We now only have 5 spots left for RSVP.... all are preferred.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #560
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
So what did you think of the show? Congrats on being the dancing girl!
Congrats are probably more in order for my husband because he is the one who "fixed" the whole thing...

The show was great! I have seen it numerous times and still enjoy going back! Disney always puts on a first class event, no matter what the theme. On that note the Spirit of Aloha is also a great show. I saw that one about two years ago. The food is always delicious and great service! I good thing to note is that aside from being all you can eat, the are also all you can drink! Beer (bud & bud light) wine and sangria. The show is a little pricey but it is all inclusive, the tax, drinks and gratuity are all included.

At Ft. Wilderness it is good to know that if you are looking for food (and don't care much for the show part) you can always go next door to Crocket's Tavern. For dinner they have the same food as the Hoop Dee Doo and then some! And all three meals are all you can eat.

When my husband Tavis and I go to Ft. Wilderness we love the atmosphere and campground activities so we try to go 3-4 times a year at least. To be able to afford that many trips we tend to cook most or all of our meals in the airstream. I understand that many/most of the folks attending have a much longer drive so it is not a trip that they will be likely repeat very soon... In that case make sure to hit up as many restaurants as you can because Disney always has first class eats! The counter service places are decent if you are looking for food on the run but there area a ton of out of the way sit down spots that are phenomenal!! Tavis and I love taking the ferries around the lakes to the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary to grab a drink and appetizer at a new bar for a change in scenery.

I know that most people are going to be heading into the parks with kids or by yourself but don't think that you have to go to a park every day to have a great time staying at Ft. Wilderness!
TavnAsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally