View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #337
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Lynnetta,
Typically if you are visiting on your own, you can "request" a loop/site number or "request" not to be put in a certain loop. Disney will try to honor the request but does not promise this. FW, typically, assigns sites at the by beginning of the month but who knows with a rally. Not to mention one this far away but Ashley's information allows us a broader look at the situation from someone who has been there often. She has seen the loops and stayed in most of them. I would imagine some of the others who visit regularly had requested their favorite sites. We will probably end up in the 300 loop as it's the only pet preferred.

As none of us (that I know of) have done a rally of this size at Disney, there are a lot of unknowns.

We have people reserving all the different type loops.
We have people with pets and without which require different loops.

At times Disney will turn non-pet loops into pet loops to accommodate guests.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #338
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Alright peoples, we have another rally count update. We are now looking at 31 airstreams reserved for the rally. That leaves a measly 20 sites available for RSVP. As of right now we have just over 90 (I did a quick recount) people signed up....

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #339
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I saw an interesting thing on the Disney channel today, maybe I'm behind, but I thought I'd let everyone know...

Disney itself has issued an app for Android (likely other platforms) that utilizes the GPS in your smartphone to let you know where characters are in the park, where short wait times are, where FASTPASS can be used, etc. Check out your "market" for apps. There are many other apps out there for wait times and such, but now Disney has issued their own.

For me on this trip, Airstreaming is #1, Disney is #2 but I can tell you that I will have this app. when we visit.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #340
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I saw an interesting thing on the Disney channel today, maybe I'm behind, but I thought I'd let everyone know...

Disney itself has issued an app for Android (likely other platforms) that utilizes the GPS in your smartphone to let you know where characters are in the park, where short wait times are, where FASTPASS can be used, etc. Check out your "market" for apps. There are many other apps out there for wait times and such, but now Disney has issued their own.

For me on this trip, Airstreaming is #1, Disney is #2 but I can tell you that I will have this app. when we visit.
thanks!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #341
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I am currently suffering from WDW withdrawls......

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #342
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post

I've had that app for a few weeks now. It's great! I've used it to make dining reservations for a family trip next month. I was even able to score the oh so elusive Le Cellier.
I also have another app that shows park crowds and wait times. Sometimes I just sign on and check the wait times at my favorite rides--even though I'm 990 miles away. Not quite like being there, but a nice daydream.

I need to get a life,
Sue
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #343
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
I, too, check Disney's website just to see the parks, hotels, special events, etc. Wish I was there.

Thanks to Nicki for posting the number of AS and people who are signed up. Wow-90 people-where are we going to have that potluck???

Would be interested in knowing how many are interested in doing what special events. I know of some events but not all.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #344
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I, too, check Disney's website just to see the parks, hotels, special events, etc. Wish I was there.

Thanks to Nicki for posting the number of AS and people who are signed up. Wow-90 people-where are we going to have that potluck???

Would be interested in knowing how many are interested in doing what special events. I know of some events but not all.

Kathy
Make that 96 people and 32 A/S and one non A/S. We had a new one last night and I forgot about a few extras.

I will give you an update sans camp fire sing-a-long since it's free.

Illuminations - 71
Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue -52
Safari Dinner - 58 (We have it listed wrong as the Safari Breakfast. Let me know if that changes anyone's mind about going)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner - 40
Goodmorning Character Breakfast -34

17 sites have made their reservations -

Once again, I want to remind those who have booked premium sites that all 15 of the premium on the contact have been RSVP'd for. Of that 15, 8 sites have actually been booked (that I know of). Since the reservations are done individually I cannot guarantee your site preference, so please call as soon as you can to make your reservation. Once the 15th spot has been Reserved with Disney for, Shawn will be taking that option off the reservation form. He is going to update the reservation form as well.

13 of the 25 preferred sites have been RSVP'd for with 8 already making the reservations, leaving us with 12 open for RSVP.

5 of the 10 full hookups have been rsvp'd for with 2 already making the reservation, leaving us with 5 open spots for RSVP.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #345
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I have just sent out a group email that I need everyone to read.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #346
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
per the email

As many of you know the Grand Gatherings were a very popular within our group. Sixty nine of the ninety plus who rsvp signed up for at least one of the Grand Gatherings. I know it's still over a year off and a bit early to be worried about this but many of us need this information to decide for or against Dining Plans. Or which dining plan to choose for their family.

I heard from two sources today about the grand gatherings. According to Grand Gathering Individual Reservations, Grand Gatherings in their current format are gone as of Jan 2012. They may come back in a different format or they may not. They have no idea if or when they will get news on this. According to Lauren, we can plan private events and I will be talking to Lauren about this. However it will be more expensive than the Grand Gatherings and may be subject to a venue fee. It also may be sans character meet and greets.

I need to know if anyone would be interested in doing a private event. The cheapest price of other options she sent to me was $39 per person (not sure if that was adult or child price) for a desert/fireworks seating area. I am trying to see if she can coordinate a group character meal for those of us with kids. Is anyone interested in this option?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #347
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We would be interested in the dessert/fireworks seating for the Grand Illumination. I have been there in the past but could never see all of it due to the crowds.

Like the idea of the apps. for locating character signing and other events. Hope to participate in the Wine Festival and will book several dining experiences.

This is going to be a great vacation.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #348
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
The private even option sounds pretty steep (at least it does for this family of 5.) We might be willing to spring for it if it was at Cinderella's Royal Table or something... but otherwise...not sure if the cost would be worth it to us.

Is it possible to just wait a while and see what they come out for Grand Gatherings next year? I bet they'll come up with something!?

my restoration & travel blog:
http://someday1959.blogspot.com
Someday'59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #349
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
We would be interested in the dessert/fireworks seating for the Grand Illumination. I have been there in the past but could never see all of it due to the crowds.

Like the idea of the apps. for locating character signing and other events. Hope to participate in the Wine Festival and will book several dining experiences.

This is going to be a great vacation.

Kathy
I think that dessert/fireworks is for the Magic Kingdom not epcot but we could check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday'59 View Post
The private even option sounds pretty steep (at least it does for this family of 5.) We might be willing to spring for it if it was at Cinderella's Royal Table or something... but otherwise...not sure if the cost would be worth it to us.

Is it possible to just wait a while and see what they come out for Grand Gatherings next year? I bet they'll come up with something!?
They don't know yet if they are bringing any GGs back. We have until May before we have to start making reservations. I just wanted to let everyone know because we'd planned on doing the GG as they are now. I'm just putting out the info for now.

We think the Private option is too expensive as well for actual dining. The $39 was for the Tomorrowland Seating Desert event not even a full meal. In addition if you didn't have more than 25 people attending it costs you a $75 venue fee.

Cinderella's Royal Dining can be used with the Dining Plan. Here is a link to all the character dining experiences. Just remember to book these ASAP as some of them fill up fast.

Disney World Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #350
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Erik Olson
Went to both the club website and Disney for package information - looks like a fun trip! Do you still see occupancy for a 29' Ambassador? We're double-checking that we could do this trip as our elementary / middle schoolers are in-session during that week, but are very interested!

e

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally