Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #381
3 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Columbia , Illinois
One is in Animal Kingdom
sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #382
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
You can't post that and not tell us where they are! Two Airstreams within Disney? I need to mark the GPS coordinates right now!
One is indeed in Animal Kingdom in Dinoland. Not far from the digging pits.

The other you will need to tell me....cause I'm not sharing. Call it a treasure hunt.....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #383
3 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Ocean View , Delaware
Does it count?

There is a little trailer that looks like a Bambi in Winter Summerland at Blizzard Beach. Not sure if it counts.

Sue
Disneysue925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #384
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Hmmmm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneysue925 View Post
There is a little trailer that looks like a Bambi in Winter Summerland at Blizzard Beach. Not sure if it counts.

Sue
I have not been to blizzard beach. could it be an airstream? If that's the case then there are 3 airstreams at WDW and to answer your quesiton...No that's not the one.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #385
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Someone reminded me in an email that we could use the Campfire Sing-Along as a free group event. It runs nightly. All you need is:

Smore supplies, if so inclined (you can buy roasting sticks from the Chuckwagon if you want)
The ability or lack there of to sing loudly. (if bad singing offends you... please don't sit to close to me)
The lack of fear of a chipmunk with red/brown nose depending of your side of the show
The ability to withstand corny jokes
The ability to admit your are/not from Texas (at least the 2 times we attended)

There is even a free Disney movie to wrap up the night.

Parents/Grandparents of younger kids this is one of the free character meet and greets. Granted not mickey but the chipmunks are usually funny.

I forgot... there is one more thing you need

The ability to still do the Hokey Pokey with your kids/grandkids

or the ability to laugh at those of us who do....

ok make that two things you need the ability for.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #386
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
We can use airforums for communications. I should warn though that many of the attendees will be so tired after a long day at the parks that some wont' even open a computer and fort wilderness doesn't offer free wifi. It's not free or cheap. If you don't have a wifi or a smart phone you might be out of luck. Maybe we create a twitter feed for the week? Or emails?
I'm a guy that went from a dumbphone and never texted to a guy that had a smartphone that he wishes he had bought the bigger one and now basically lives on the smartphone. So please excuse the likely un-informed question:

Is it possible to read a twitter feed via a normal / text only phone? Is this an option for text-only phone to keep up on info. about the rally? Or is this just an option for someone that doesn't have the Airforums app installed on a smartphone? I know a text can be sent to a dumbphone via an email address, so perhaps an email distribution list held by Shawn or Nicki would be a good way to communicate.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #387
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Jason, I have no idea about your question, maybe you can tell me if we can upload photos from iphones and iPads, I cannot figure out how.

I wishwishwish we could join you all at ft wilderness. We went two years ago in our old Coleman popup ( a 1969 model) but just cannot afford it this time.
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #388
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
A Question For Shawn

Quote:
I'm a guy that went from a dumbphone and never texted to a guy that had a smartphone that he wishes he had bought the bigger one and now basically lives on the smartphone. So please excuse the likely un-informed question:

Is it possible to read a twitter feed via a normal / text only phone? Is this an option for text-only phone to keep up on info. about the rally? Or is this just an option for someone that doesn't have the Airforums app installed on a smartphone? I know a text can be sent to a dumbphone via an email address, so perhaps an email distribution list held by Shawn or Nicki would be a good way to communicate.

Yo Exthemius.... your up!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #389
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Yo Exthemius.... your up!
You know, it's funny, but I don't facebook or twitter -- but I *could* break my own rules for the rally. As far as twitter is concerned, if you don't have an iphone, blackberry or android phone, then you'll either have to have access to the non-traditional "apps" (like those available from verizon's or at&t's online stores) or access to the web via a browser -- all of which would require a data plan of some sort.

Regardless, I'm not sure how much communication we'll actually need at this point, since we've paired everything down a bit -- perhaps we should use carrier pigeons?

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #390
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
You know, it's funny, but I don't facebook or twitter -- but I *could* break my own rules for the rally. As far as twitter is concerned, if you don't have an iphone, blackberry or android phone, then you'll either have to have access to the non-traditional "apps" (like those available from verizon's or at&t's online stores) or access to the web via a browser -- all of which would require a data plan of some sort.

Regardless, I'm not sure how much communication we'll actually need at this point, since we've paired everything down a bit -- perhaps we should use carrier pigeons?
Perhaps we can just train drake to take a stroll around all the FW loops with invitations stuck in a bag on his collar. It should work about as well as your carrier pigeons. Although the size of the group might increase due to the Dane Effect.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #391
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Someone reminded me in an email that we could use the Campfire Sing-Along as a free group event. It runs nightly. All you need is:

Smore supplies, if so inclined (you can buy roasting sticks from the Chuckwagon if you want)
The ability or lack there of to sing loudly. (if bad singing offends you... please don't sit to close to me)
The lack of fear of a chipmunk with red/brown nose depending of your side of the show
The ability to withstand corny jokes
The ability to admit your are/not from Texas (at least the 2 times we attended)

There is even a free Disney movie to wrap up the night.

Parents/Grandparents of younger kids this is one of the free character meet and greets. Granted not mickey but the chipmunks are usually funny.

I forgot... there is one more thing you need

The ability to still do the Hokey Pokey with your kids/grandkids

or the ability to laugh at those of us who do....

ok make that two things you need the ability for.
Bring your own drinks, bring hot dogs - they cook well over the fire just the same as anything else (saves time from cooking dinner at the campsite) bring a blanket (it gets cool in November), get there early, fills up fast.

Never admit you are from Texas.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #392
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
Bring your own drinks, bring hot dogs - they cook well over the fire just the same as anything else (saves time from cooking dinner at the campsite) bring a blanket (it gets cool in November), get there early, fills up fast.

Never admit you are from Texas.
Hmmm. never seen anyone cook their own hot dogs but an excellent idea.

We always get the resort mugs and often fill them up with hot chocolate or coffee at the meadows trading post before going to the sing-a-long.

Blanket is also a good idea. We used one at Christmas.

Actually I'm not "technically" from Texas. I've just been forced to call it home. My children however do not have that escape loop. They are texas born and bred... if not Texas raised.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #393
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
A bat signal! That's what we need! A big spotlight so that we can project and image on the sky! OK, maybe not.

My vote at this point is for an "emailing list" You wanna be on it, then you submit your email (or text address such as 1234567890@vtext.com) to the "coordinator", s/he assembles all of the addresses and sends a mail to everyone. Then, anytime there's a message to get out, someone just hits "reply all", types, and sends.

I'm sure Shawn has advice though as to how many addresses can be one such a thing before a mail service filters it as spam without the proper registration, etc.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #394
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
A bat signal! That's what we need! A big spotlight so that we can project and image on the sky! OK, maybe not.

My vote at this point is for an "emailing list" You wanna be on it, then you submit your email (or text address such as 1234567890@vtext.com) to the "coordinator", s/he assembles all of the addresses and sends a mail to everyone. Then, anytime there's a message to get out, someone just hits "reply all", types, and sends.

I'm sure Shawn has advice though as to how many addresses can be one such a thing before a mail service filters it as spam without the proper registration, etc.
let me just state that some else will have to be the "coordinator" as I am doing good, these days, to remember to take my phone

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #395
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
1, 1, 1, 1

The counter says 1, 1, 1, 1

Quote:

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #396
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
That kinda sucks...as far as I can see I can't follow your ticker. I have to create my own. Grrr...
Old 09-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #397
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
trying to convince Shawn to put one up on our website but he says it has to look and go in a certain place. they are free to create!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #398
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Since we've been talking about the hoop-dee-doo revue I thought I'd add the link and everyone could check out seating options and pricing.

HDDR

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #399
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Here is a link to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #400
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Trivia -
Just read that the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue has had a casting change. I don't know if anyone has seen the show before but they have a new "Six Bits" (I think was the name).

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally