Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
hopmonster's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Fort Erie , Ontario-Canada
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 63
Images: 7
Dead and Company Tour

Hi All

Just curious if any Airstreamers are venturing to any Dead and Co. shows this summer.

I know I'm not the only Deadhead AS'er! Thus far we're heading to Burgettstown (PA) staying at Raccoon Creek and maybe Cayahoga Falls. Anyone doing similar. We found an interesting site last year in Saratoga and while we were the only Streamer's there it was fun to be camping among folks who shared musical tastes...

If you are hitting PA and staying at Racoon Creek PM me.

Mike
__________________

__________________
Mike House
WBCCI 21870
'77 Land Yacht
hopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Paul Kukstis
 
paul.kukstis's Avatar
 
2018 30' Classic
Scituate , Massachusetts
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 27
Hope they tour again in '18 so that I might do it - we pick up our first ever AS next month
__________________

paul.kukstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
WayneG's Avatar

 
1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 903
If we get them to play the 50th Woodstock reunion, look me up! I will get you all a great spot for the Airstreamers
WayneG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
CruizinDux's Avatar
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopmonster View Post
Hi All

Just curious if any Airstreamers are venturing to any Dead and Co. shows this summer.

I know I'm not the only Deadhead AS'er! Thus far we're heading to Burgettstown (PA) staying at Raccoon Creek and maybe Cayahoga Falls. Anyone doing similar. We found an interesting site last year in Saratoga and while we were the only Streamer's there it was fun to be camping among folks who shared musical tastes...

If you are hitting PA and staying at Racoon Creek PM me.

Mike
following the thread.

b
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
hopmonster's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Fort Erie , Ontario-Canada
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 63
Images: 7
Will do!
__________________
Mike House
WBCCI 21870
'77 Land Yacht
hopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
hopmonster's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Fort Erie , Ontario-Canada
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 63
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.kukstis View Post
Hope they tour again in '18 so that I might do it - we pick up our first ever AS next month
Congrats! What are you bringing home?
Also hoping for summer '18 tour..I'm sure it will happen they are all having fun.

We will absolutely hit a few shows of that happens. Met a fair number of DH this and last summer camping pre tour. Some venues don't have decent camps nearby (Saratoga)...but will make do. Raccoon Creek in PA turned out to be nice...park rangers were mellow too.

Fall tour starting soon though..our AS will be sleeping by then, Looks like Austin will be our only show this fall but the city sounds great so that will be a bonus.

Anyone in warmer climes dragging tin to some dates?
__________________
Mike House
WBCCI 21870
'77 Land Yacht
hopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:43 AM   #7
Paul Kukstis
 
paul.kukstis's Avatar
 
2018 30' Classic
Scituate , Massachusetts
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopmonster View Post
Congrats! What are you bringing home?
Also hoping for summer '18 tour..I'm sure it will happen they are all having fun.

We will absolutely hit a few shows of that happens. Met a fair number of DH this and last summer camping pre tour. Some venues don't have decent camps nearby (Saratoga)...but will make do. Raccoon Creek in PA turned out to be nice...park rangers were mellow too.

Fall tour starting soon though..our AS will be sleeping by then, Looks like Austin will be our only show this fall but the city sounds great so that will be a bonus.

Anyone in warmer climes dragging tin to some dates?
Our first ever Airstream - 2018 Classic 30...
We will be at the Boston show
paul.kukstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:56 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
WayneG's Avatar

 
1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.kukstis View Post
Our first ever Airstream - 2018 Classic 30...
We will be at the Boston show
If it is a full size Airstream, that will be an interesting parking job in Boston!
WayneG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
Full time Airstreamer
 
SCOTTinNJ's Avatar
 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
If we get them to play the 50th Woodstock reunion, look me up! I will get you all a great spot for the Airstreamers
Sweet!

BTW, I'm a couple of hours in on the Amazon "Long Strange Trip" documentary. It's very good.

__________________
@living.somewhere.yonder | Instagram
SCOTTinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
Paul Kukstis
 
paul.kukstis's Avatar
 
2018 30' Classic
Scituate , Massachusetts
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
If it is a full size Airstream, that will be an interesting parking job in Boston!


...home show for us
paul.kukstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
Rivet Master
 
WayneG's Avatar

 
1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.kukstis View Post
...home show for us
That makes sense, I travel to Boston every 3 weeks for medical appointments and I would love to take my 270 and park at the hospital for the duration I hate even driving a car in that town
WayneG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:28 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
CruizinDux's Avatar
 
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,247
When I retired from the city a few years ago another DH in the office offered this great "for retirement" advice. We had recently purchased on 20' in anticipation and the lyrics seem to fit our jerryrig.

"Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride"
Garcia/Hunter

Happy trails.

bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member
 
hopmonster's Avatar
 
1977 31' Sovereign
Fort Erie , Ontario-Canada
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 63
Images: 7
Anyone hitting the road this summer? We're dragging ours to Darien and Blossom...Camping at Darien and at a nearby KOA in Ohio. Look for us and stop by for a drink if you see our LandYacht at either.

Mike
__________________
Mike House
WBCCI 21870
'77 Land Yacht
hopmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:38 PM   #14
Tin Man
 
LY007's Avatar
 
1983 27' Excella
Charlottesville , Virginia
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
We are gonna see them at Lockn. Camping in the Airstream of course.

We saw them a few years ago at Bonnaroo. Great show! Camped in the Airstream of course.
__________________

__________________
Steve
83 Excella 27
07 Tundra Limited
LY007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
house battery seem dead/ shore power dead joe rv guy Sprinter and B-van Forum 29 12-26-2016 12:36 PM
dead dead bolt Jim from SB Doors & Locks 3 09-09-2012 11:32 AM
Dead ...really dead Melody Ranch Batteries, Univolts, Converters & Inverters 17 06-13-2007 12:23 AM
Thor bought a SOB company? zduke4x Our Community 4 08-29-2003 08:09 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.