Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Why not have one out in Western Canada as well. This one is a little to far east for me.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
As of this evening 7 confirmed attendees with room for 11 more.
Hurry and get signed up and don't forget to mention what shirt size you would like.
7?!?!?

Sounds like there should be some more people chiming in here on the thread!

Speaking of shirts...Andrea and the kids would like shirts. In addition to the size XL that I need, please add a men's M or women's L shirt and a youth small, and a toddler shirt (if possible). If toddler is a pain, then add a second youth small.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #17
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
Why not have one out in Western Canada as well. This one is a little to far east for me.
Well Michelle it's a little hard for me to tow my park all the way out west.
Feel free to start a rally of your own if you like.
This was a spur of the moment thing that Jason started, he is combining two rallies into a caravan and adding a third rally. It actually started as a family vacation and grew from there.
I for one can't wait to see all that shiney aluminium here. I'm so excited and honored to have be chosen as the host park.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Feel free to start a rally of your own if you like.
This was a spur of the moment thing that Jason started, he is combining two rallies into a caravan and adding a third rally. It actually started as a family vacation and grew from there.
That's the beauty of TAC. If you want to host a rally, you can! Have a good idea for a destination? Plan it and advertise it. Going on vacation and want other Airstreams to join you? Tell everyone about it.

I'd love to get out west in the USA and in Canada. It takes a native out there to put the plan in to place.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
7?!?!?

Speaking of shirts...Andrea and the kids would like shirts. In addition to the size XL that I need, please add a men's M or women's L shirt and a youth small, and a toddler shirt (if possible). If toddler is a pain, then add a second youth small.
Jason I've added your request for the extra shirts to the list. I'll confirm with you about the toddler size, but I think it will be too small for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
7?!?!?

Jason, I've lined up a group to go with us, 3 from Ontario 1 from N.Y. and myself. Some new to TAC but all looking for a good time. I've been to Chris's park and it's going to be a great place for a rally.
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
There will be a chance to learn how to polish when we get to Durham. I'm sure Chris will give everyone, that wants to learn, a chance to try out the polisher on his trailer. If not his you can polish mine
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #22
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
There will be a chance to learn how to polish when we get to Durham. I'm sure Chris will give everyone, that wants to learn, a chance to try out the polisher on his trailer. If not his you can polish mine
Hey Doug considering my father was from Poland you can also learn to speak Polish while you polish.

Make sure you bring your gear as well so we can get dualling polishers going. Just kidding of course, this is a fun Rally not a work rally unless you consider polishing & cycloing fun that is.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Hey Doug considering my father was from Poland you can also learn to speak Polish while you polish.

Make sure you bring your gear as well so we can get dualling polishers going. Just kidding of course, this is a fun Rally not a work rally unless you consider polishing & cycloing fun that is.
I'm going to bring the air gun and get that window bucked in unless you have already done it. So there is a chance to lean another trade at the rally.
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Old 07-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #24
x

XXXX , XXXX
Quote:
I'm going to bring the air gun and get that window bucked in unless you have already done it. So there is a chance to lean another trade at the rally.
I'll let you in on a little secret. I just got the other wing window. I bought it from a member on the classifieds and Jason is bringing it with him. So we can do both windows at the same time.
It'll be nice to get rid of the aquarium look in the wing windows.
I'm still looking for an original window for the replacement one I have in the bedroom. My lift up windows have the removable inner pane made from plexiglass and one has been changed to the fixed double pane version.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Sweet. Some Airstream (OK, vintage trailer) specific stuff. Cool. I've always wanted to see some of the "deeper" resto. work.

Quote:
I'll let you in on a little secret. I just got the other wing window. I bought it from a member on the classifieds and Jason is bringing it with him. So we can do both windows at the same time.
It'll be nice to get rid of the aquarium look in the wing windows.
I'm still looking for an original window for the replacement one I have in the bedroom. My lift up windows have the removable inner pane made from plexiglass and one has been changed to the fixed double pane version.
That will be neat to see, too. I need to work on my front wings, too. Mine too look like fishbowls sometimes. I was planning to remove the inner pane and just leave it off though. I will be anxious to hear and see what you plan to do.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
x

XXXX , XXXX
Jason what I've done so far is, I bought a NOS wing window for the curbside. I pulled the old one and clecoed in the new one. I disassembled the old one with the intention of trying to get it fixed. If I was able to find a new gasket and the pre-shimmed butyl tape thet goes between the two panes and it went back together fine then I was going to pull the curbside one and fix it.

Then I found another NOS one for the roadside so I will just replace it.
I still plan on trying to get them fixed and then selling them cheap.

I just like the double pane for it's thermal quailities so I never considered removing the inner panes.
I did the same for the stack windows and Vista Views. I rebuilt them using both panes over again.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I know there's only been a few people posting here, but I think we've got 5-6 Airstreams coming. With that, I don't think I'm going to plan any events like a potluck or anything at the park. With a nice, small group as expected here we ought to have a good time passing snacks around the campfire and perhaps all cooking our dinners and then joining together to eat. I don't have a formal time for happy hour. For me happy hour is whenever anyone joins together for a good time. My chair will be permanently parked by the fire ring.

2 weeks and counting...
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #28
x

XXXX , XXXX
The long range forecast for Aug 8th to 10th is calling for clear sunny skies with a high temps about 78 F and overnight lows of 65 F.
Todays forecast is sunny followed by periods of darkness this evening.

I have about 6 extra shirts available but can't guarantee sizes anymore.

Plenty of sites still left for any last minute people thinking of joining this rally.