Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #197
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Maybe next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I know many have been wondering if it was going to happen a fourth time, well the answer is YES. I am pleased to announce the fourth Birthday Bash will take place July 4- 7 2013 at Coopers Lake Campground. I am also pleased to announce we will be camping down at the lake in the wooded area where we did in 2010. The Coopers have been upgrading the electric and water in that area, so everyone should be able to have electric. Water will need to be set up in a daisy chain manor and there will be some pump outs for those who need them. The plan is for good eats, great fellowship, and the creation of more lifelong memories.
The registration form can be found at www.birthdaybash.info within the next few days.
Please feel free to ask any questions you might have, I will do my best to answer them.
We sure hope to see all of you there!
I loved this the one and only time I went. Maybe next year I can come again! Have fun everyone!!

Old 06-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #198
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Avoiding the PA Turnpike and Breezewood

Fellow BASHers,

I'm plotting my route for the long ride from the Washington, D.C. area, and hope you had advice on routes to Cooper's Lake. I plan to leave on July 3 by 10am to avoid the evening super-rush, but imagine that pre-July 4th weekend traffic is going to bad. I especially want to avoid pulling my trailer on the execrable Pennsylvania turnpike and, if possible, bypass what is for me perhaps the most despised tourist trap in America, Breezewood (the I-70-PA Turnpike "junction" that sends you down three blocks of traffic lights and strip dreck, with huge delays).

Any tips? I see alternate routes like Route 30, Route 422, and even Route 322 north to I-80, then west.

Or perhaps the easiest, if a little longer, is Interstate 68 out to Morgantown and then a simple I-79 up around Pittsburg to Cooper's Lake. I might hit some traffic coming around Pittsburgh, but at least it's on straight, wide roads.

Thoughts?

Airstream Dad

Old 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream Dad View Post
Fellow BASHers,

I'm plotting my route for the long ride from the Washington, D.C. area, and hope you had advice on routes to Cooper's Lake. I plan to leave on July 3 by 10am to avoid the evening super-rush, but imagine that pre-July 4th weekend traffic is going to bad. I especially want to avoid pulling my trailer on the execrable Pennsylvania turnpike and, if possible, bypass what is for me perhaps the most despised tourist trap in America, Breezewood (the I-70-PA Turnpike "junction" that sends you down three blocks of traffic lights and strip dreck, with huge delays).

Any tips? I see alternate routes like Route 30, Route 422, and even Route 322 north to I-80, then west.

Or perhaps the easiest, if a little longer, is Interstate 68 out to Morgantown and then a simple I-79 up around Pittsburg to Cooper's Lake. I might hit some traffic coming around Pittsburgh, but at least it's on straight, wide roads.

Thoughts?

Airstream Dad

I know I can speak for Frank. "The best way to go is Int-68". I just used that route on monday. It is a few more miles but it takes around the same time.

Ace in Pa
Old 06-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #200
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Jim, I go 70 West to 68 west to 79 North to 422 West.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #201
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
A mysterious box of "Organic Fair Trade Guatemalan Java" showed up at my door marked "For Bash IV" this morning. It smells strongly of coffee, but we can't be certain of its contents.

We'd like to thank the anonymous donor who has provided us with coffee for the last four years during the Bash. We couldn't wake up without you.

Ace in PA
Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #202
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Oh, yeah!!! Bash Coffee always rocks!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Sunrise @ Coopers Lake

Sunrise @ Coopers Lake only 7 day till Bash 4. I just got two more signed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0682.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	189375

Ace in PA
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #204
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
We so wish we could make it to the Bash! DH has the 4-day weekend, but can't find anyone willing to be available for the on-call emergency calls.

Guatemalan Java!? We have been on a quest to find that since the late '80's. We adopted our two "kids" from Guatemala and discovered how wonderful their coffee is when we went there to pick up our son, our favorite coffee of our lifetimes, but have not been able to find it since. Would be wonderful to find out where to buy it!?

Thanks so much.

Deb
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
The Bash Weather

The weather looks great for the Bash 4. Low 80s and little to no rain

10 Day Weather Forecast for Slippery Rock - weather.com

Ace in Pa
Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatward View Post
We are arriving at Pennwood this Friday and will caravan on Wednesday to the BASH. Who else will be at Pennwood?
We will be coming to Pennwood on Tuesday to pick up the trailer we have there and take it to the Bash on Wednesday. Will have both grandkids with us this year if anyone needs one.
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #207
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
The weather looks great for the Bash 4. Low 80s and little to no rain

10 Day Weather Forecast for Slippery Rock - weather.com

Ace in Pa
I like the low 60's at night part...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #208
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Cincinnati , Ohio
Each day I read these post and get more upset that I will not be there this year. My family's first Airstream trip, and first Airstream rally was Bash 1 in NY. We have since used our 78' Airstream for numerous camping trips through out the years. The only Airstream rally's that we have ever attended have been: Bash 1, Bash 2 and Bash 3. We have met so many wonderful people at these events. I tell my friends that have SOB's about each event and they are amazed at my stories. I remember that at Bash 1 we were parked between a Catholic HS teacher on one side, and a guy that worked on Wall street on the other. What a diverse and wonderful group. My 2 boys, now 11 and 8, always had a bunch of "good" kids their age to play with. This year my wife decided that we are going to my families lake house at Lake Cumberland for the 4th, so I am sad that I will not make it to my 4th Bash in a row. I know that you will all have a wonderful time at this great event. My hat goes off to Ace and Frank and all the others that make this event happen year after year. I do not intend to miss Bash 5.

Eric Roeseler

PS. my kids are still talking about the time they almost caused a nuclear power-plant to meltdown. (these are the Airstream stories that my friends just don't understand)
Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #209
NOAZRK

2004 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Kutztown , Pennsylvania
Okay Air Cruiser here's your lead. Guatemalan Java try the Reading Coffee Roasters. Look under "Medium Roast" Gourmet Coffee | Wholesale Coffee | Flavored Coffee - Reading Coffee Roasters . If you can't find something you like there, you probably won't find it until you're on the other side of the dirt.

~Alan
TAC PA-15
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #210
NOAZRK

2004 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Kutztown , Pennsylvania
Ace,

People are definitely meeting at Penn Wood with plans to caravan to the Bash on Wednesday. I hope you got my reservation last week! Dave & Lorraine got their truck back yesterday and sent their reservations in today. I think that Whirlism has the number just about right!

~Alan
TAC PA-15