Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #401
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
That is an interesting route. I might be able to make it by 7:45. Tell you what. If you get there first you make a mark. If I get there first I will erase it.

Will give it some consideration and let you know by phone Wednesday night as I have a bus run to Phila. Wednesday.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #402
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
We'll be following the same route- starting at Exit 113 of Rt 17.
hi Wayne,
hi Sam,

Exit 113 should be be about 40 - 45 minutes from Sloatsburg. I know that Exit well, as our Troop goes to Camp Turrell at least once a year....

PM or email me with your cell, and we'll ring you up when we're leaving Sloatsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
That is an interesting route. I might be able to make it by 7:45. Tell you what. If you get there first you make a mark. If I get there first I will erase it.

Will give it some consideration and let you know by phone Wednesday night as I have a bus run to Phila. Wednesday.
Howie,

love to see you come this way with us! does Braith do any of the TV driving? you could nap after your Philly trek?

best,

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

https://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #403
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Unhappy can't find flag pole holder or flags anywhere!

Wow, I was so overwhelmed by the numerous, immediate offers to assist me in getting my 5 pole flag pole holder attached, and Frank even offering to take me to go get poles if needed! You all are the absolute best, thank you

Was just about to write back in and say "yes, thanks, I'll gladly accept the help, but I have no tools", but decided to go take a look at it first, and see what flags I have - my family already appropriated my new US flag almost right away 'cause ours was looking shabby, and besides NEU I could not remember what I had. I bought all this two years ago, before the 1st Saratoga event.

I cannot find the holder or the flags anywhere! I vaguely remember deciding to take the holder out of the Airstream at some point due to the weight and space it was taking up, my DH remembers me gathering up the flags, neither of us can find any of these items. We have pulled nearly everything out of the AS (had enough winter bedding and towels for a family of 10! No wonder I had such limited storage space!), gone through the garage, the inside closets, the basement.

I am infamous for finding a "safe place" to keep something until I need it, and it always makes sense at the time, but I have Lyme related memory/cognitive issues and it can be a lot of fun trying to locate the items (have lost numerous gift cards/certificates, to the tune of hundreds of dollars; JUST found my pearl necklace - wedding gift from now deceased aunt - that I had stashed before a move 8+ years ago and was sure must have been taken by one of the movers, also just found my stack of excess, long expired credit cards from that same move! That was TWO houses ago!).

Anyway, thank you very much! I hope I find them. I will keep looking, and bring 'em if I find them. I'll ask St. Anthony, Patron Saint of lost items (and lost faith) to pray for me that I find them

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #404
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
I took the wife out this afternoon for ice cream...

... and she asked "what's that noise?" "That noise" turned out to be a warped brake rotor on the passenger side. Just how I wanted to spend a Saturday afternoon, doing a full brake job on the 'Burb on the street in front of the house.

The good news:
1) The new rotors weren't expensive
2) It didn't take very long
3) The hub and bearing assemblies are in good shape (those ARE expensive)

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #405
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Airstream and truck all washed up!!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #406
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Everyone keeps talking about getting the TV or AS ready and/or hitting the road and here I am thinking to myself, "no, don't get the AS out of the barn until you mow the grass. There's no need to get it out yet, everything will work, it did earlier this year." I'm excited. Too bad I don't have more vacation days.

Maybe I'm setting myself us for something with that mentality, though. I will resist until after the lawn is mowed tomorrow. We've already done a 2 week camping trip this year and all was well.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #407
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin Cat View Post
Wow, I was so overwhelmed by the numerous, immediate offers to assist me in getting my 5 pole flag pole holder attached, and Frank even offering to take me to go get poles if needed! You all are the absolute best, thank you

Was just about to write back in and say "yes, thanks, I'll gladly accept the help, but I have no tools", but decided to go take a look at it first, and see what flags I have - my family already appropriated my new US flag almost right away 'cause ours was looking shabby, and besides NEU I could not remember what I had. I bought all this two years ago, before the 1st Saratoga event.

I cannot find the holder or the flags anywhere! I vaguely remember deciding to take the holder out of the Airstream at some point due to the weight and space it was taking up, my DH remembers me gathering up the flags, neither of us can find any of these items. We have pulled nearly everything out of the AS (had enough winter bedding and towels for a family of 10! No wonder I had such limited storage space!), gone through the garage, the inside closets, the basement.

I am infamous for finding a "safe place" to keep something until I need it, and it always makes sense at the time, but I have Lyme related memory/cognitive issues and it can be a lot of fun trying to locate the items (have lost numerous gift cards/certificates, to the tune of hundreds of dollars; JUST found my pearl necklace - wedding gift from now deceased aunt - that I had stashed before a move 8+ years ago and was sure must have been taken by one of the movers, also just found my stack of excess, long expired credit cards from that same move! That was TWO houses ago!).

Anyway, thank you very much! I hope I find them. I will keep looking, and bring 'em if I find them. I'll ask St. Anthony, Patron Saint of lost items (and lost faith) to pray for me that I find them
Hey Roamin Cat, sit back and relax. That's what we're gonna do! Look forward to seeing you again. I've lost track of 1/4 of our traveling stuff, but once we're there, it doesn't matter. Bashes/Rendezvous/Rallies happen! Bring yourself and go from there!

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #408
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I just wish my check list was so small. We are all loaded up though and about to set forth. The 8 foot bed in the Dodge is packed full of stuff and it is heaping over the sides. We leave at sun up for Baker's Acres today. Hopefully by the time the first guests arrive we have it all set up and ready to go. If you have any questions please post them and one of the other hosts will need to field them from here on out.

See ya'll up the road at 138 Pierce Road Plymouth New York
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:56 AM   #409
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1985 25' Sovereign
South Central Rockies... , "...'Stream'n the Dream" thru the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I just wish my check list was so small. We are all loaded up though and about to set forth. The 8 foot bed in the Dodge is packed full of stuff and it is heaping over the sides. We leave at sun up for Baker's Acres today. Hopefully by the time the first guests arrive we have it all set up and ready to go. If you have any questions please post them and one of the other hosts will need to field them from here on out.

See ya'll up the road at 138 Pierce Road Plymouth New York
Concur, Overlander!

If you ain't having fun, you're doing something wrong...

WBCCI: 2197; AIR #: 36503; TAC #: NM-5

MaxAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #410
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Next year

This rally is definitely on our list for next year.. wish we could have made it this year..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #411
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Rolling

I'm packed up, fixed up and headed to Baker's Acres!
ETA, Monday/Tuesday.
Excited, you bet I'm excited...
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #412
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Was just making plans for my own birthday~ which happens on "the" weekend, and thought I'd peek in to observe the progress on the bash. Looking great, all... I'll be thinking about it--hope everyone has a Blast!!

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 AM   #413
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
6am Mass Pike rest stop WB between exit 9 (I395) and 10 there will be a small gathering which will proceed to the Bash. You can top up your fuel and make it to the Bash on a tank from here (240 miles).. We will be going I90 to I88. Some will be stopping at Howes Cave off I88 to visit the underworld and make or buy breakfast. You are welcome to tag along. Departing 6:15ish. Of course these are guy plans so theyare subject to change due to prime directives from one of the Directors of All Thing Big and Small.

We will be going to the fairground to get water on the way in. This will be the site of the first happy hour as the trailers line up.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #414
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Pittsford , Michigan
We are past the last big hurdle. We got the Refer cooling on gas yesterday. The directions on installing the control module were a little tough for me, but after three evening of trying, the Love Shack's Refer is burning. Celebrated with a big gin and tonic with a touch of bitters. Life is good and we are ready. We are looking forward to the trip and seeing you all.
"part of the "Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

"Toast is a tool. It ain't Breakfast!"
Airdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #415
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Due to a mess of issues I won't even go into, I'll be pulling out of Chattanooga later this week than I thought. Hope to see everyone by Friday or sooner.

If there are any more people wanting a vegetarian option for Saturday dinner, please email me before Tuesday if possible.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #416
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Celebrated with a big gin and tonic with a touch of bitters.
my kinda celebration beverage
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #417
VinFan

1984 27' Airstream 270
First capital , Ohio
Dacia, I will be glad to see you again when we get there. We always have more things to do than hours in the day. I'm still trying to get packed today, also, Fathers Day cookout, and Mike's Birthday party and there is a Golf tournament our grandson is in today! Oh well, just a little busy.
Then Work on Monday and if we are REAL LUCKY we will leave on Tuesday!! This will be a very enjoyable trip. The grand kids can't wait!!!!! We are all looking forward to a good time at the 1st TAC Wally Byam Birthday Bash !

Margaret TAC-OH
vinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #418
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
6am Mass Pike rest stop WB between exit 9 (I395) and 10 there will be a small gathering which will proceed to the Bash. You can top up your fuel and make it to the Bash on a tank from here (240 miles).. We will be going I90 to I88. Some will be stopping at Howes Cave off I88 to visit the underworld and make or buy breakfast. You are welcome to tag along. Departing 6:15ish. Of course these are guy plans so theyare subject to change due to prime directives from one of the Directors of All Thing Big and Small.

We will be going to the fairground to get water on the way in. This will be the site of the first happy hour as the trailers line up.

Roger wilcoe

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #419
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
In search of a great day trip?
Corning Museum of Glass - Kids and Teens Free! (19 and under)

120 miles 2 hours

Next post Number 3000. I'll have to save it for the "The Bat Cave Express" thread.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #420
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
BASH pictures...

Fellow BASHers - The professional photographer in me wants to document this event as completely as possible. I plan on posting all of my pix from the BASH on Flickr when we get home (I'll post a link here after the event). Feel free to grab me if you see me running around with a camera and I'll be happy to shoot pictures of you/you and your rig/your rig/dog/kids/whatever. You'll be able to download those from Flickr in full camera resolution and print them yourself (I shoot with a Nikon D90 (12.3MP) and a Nikon D80 (10.2MP)). I'll also be giving DVDs of all images to Rob and to Frank so they can pull what they want for the newsletter.

3 MORE DAYS!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote