Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #321
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow View Post
Looking around in my cellar, I found

2 Bunk Brackets and 1 celling support.

Humphrey Gas light base and pyrex shroud. The gas light is missing the burner.

Gray tank hose converter. Aluminum adapter which allows you to adapt a garden house to your 3 inch dump.

Let me know if you're interested.
muddy , is the humphrey glass shroud the straight sided or like the new replacements ? I'm looking for a straight sided .
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #322
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
It is with great sadness that I inform you all that I will not be going to the Bash, this year. I selfishly held out until the last moment in hopes that I could somehow make it, and I apologize.

In addition to my family's health issues I just got rid of my primary tow vehicle which leaves me with my old wagon, which works great, but has not been prepped to tow on a trip. I need to perform a little maintenance and one repair before I can tow Dagny with it for 4 hours.

I had been working on a Caravan to The Bash and to those that pm'd or emailed me, I apologize for not getting back to you. Rob gave me the name of a good diner to stop at on Route 23 just past Catskill, which I cannot find now. I was going to drive up there to investigate the parking, but never got the chance. I'm afraid I bit off more than I could chew when I offered to host a caravan, and I apologize for letting you down.

I look forward to attending The Bash II next year.
Skip, say it ain't so... Hope everything works out OK with the health issues. We'll raise a glass for you.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #323
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Anyone know if there is a good cell signal at Bakers Acres? 3G?
Depends on the provider. My Verizon works well on the hill but not so well down by the pool. I think there is WiFi near the pool also.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #324
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Keep your eyes open for signs like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	701.4 KB
ID:	105026

They will guide you through the last few turns no matter which direction you come from.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #325
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Very cool signs! Is that old belly pan? you should trim it in buck rivets!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #326
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Be careful how you mount them so that they don't suffer galvanic corrosion!

Or, as Juliet asked, "What will the local kids do when they see a sign that says BASH?"

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #327
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag'nwagon View Post
Very cool signs! Is that old belly pan? you should trim it in buck rivets!
If it rains again and I loose yet another day of work, I will do just that. Rivets would look very cool. The material is left overs from belly pans, but new ones that were fabricated. The old ones are generally not worth reusing for anything but beer money, they go right into the recycling bin. I have a shell about ready to put back on it's frame and there are just a few minor details to do before it happens. The timing of the rain has not been good for me. I am trying to be very productive these days, so I did get the direction signs made and created this...

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	105030
A scavenger hunt for the kids. A challenging one I might add. They might have to interact with a few adults to find all the items.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #328
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
Or, as Juliet asked, "What will the local kids do when they see a sign that says BASH?"

Tom
Now I'm curious.

What's Juliet gonna do when she sees that sign?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #329
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
What's Juliet gonna do when she sees that sign?
She did ask if "bash" means the same thing in the US as it does in her native England.

She then explained that they don't bash mailboxes in England like they do in the US because in England they're attached to the house. An educational evening here.

Anyway, we probably won't see the signs because we're trying the "Airstreams parked at the liquor store or gas station" navigational approach.

Tom
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #330
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
She did ask if "bash" means the same thing in the US as it does in her native England.

She then explained that they don't bash mailboxes in England like they do in the US because in England they're attached to the house. An educational evening here.

Anyway, we probably won't see the signs because we're trying the "Airstreams parked at the liquor store or gas station" navigational approach.

Tom
Usually works for me!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #331
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Looking around in my cellar, I found

2 Bunk Brackets and 1 celling support.

Humphrey Gas light base and pyrex shroud. The gas light is missing the burner.

Gray tank hose converter. Aluminum adapter which allows you to adapt a garden house to your 3 inch dump.

Let me know if you're interested.
I'm interested in the bunk brackets and ceiling support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Maybe on the brackets. I need to ask my hubby.
Hmmm, I made need to bring a bribe for you... Although I recall you're getting an oven pretty cheap from me in July.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #332
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Angry Tornado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
The trailer is ready. Now I have to pack it. I am hoping to be out of Missoula by early afternoon and 5 hours down the road by this evening. See you all on the 24th.
Well I made it to Havre, MT last night. Today I made it to Minot, ND. Right now we are in the path of a thunder storm...... with a tornado warning/watch whichever is lesser. I can never remember. The truck is still hitched to the trailer. When I heard of the tornado possibility. I put down the stabilization jacks and raised the front jack.

Now I just wait until 3 AM.... Ugh.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #333
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Michelle I stayed in Minot, ND coming home from Bozeman Mt.. You must be taking US 2
Old 06-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #334
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
two reminders:

Please do not forget the food drive. Bring some stuff from your pantry at home. There also is a great grocery store about 10 minutes drive away where you can buy some canned food if you do forget.

second reminder.... 6 more days!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #335
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Happy Hour Treats!!!!!!

Can we try one more time to get people interested in a Happy Hour Treat sign-up? With 80 something rigs, and four nights of partying, if we each take two nights to bring treats, that gives us two nights to do nothing but kick back and enjoy our beverages!!!!! PLEASE??!! We did this at the two rallies that I have been to this spring, and it worked really well; people brought much more interesting appetizers.

Since I am new to this particular party group, I don't know if those who are making the "bring something every night" suggestion are the "food preparers", or just the "food enjoyers"...........................(Ha, Ha....hope I don't offend anyone.)

I will volunteer to coordinate this.....
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #336
2 Rivet Member

1955 16' Bubble
Bradford , New Hampshire
I agree!

Making Happy Hour assignments seems to have become the norm for rallies (or bashes) these days, and I think it's a great idea. It's worked really well at the three rallies I've been to this year, and everyone seems to like it - I haven't heard a single complaint. It makes things easier for everyone.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #337
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
I also think that Happy Hour day assignment/selection would be a great idea. I understand that it seems a touch "school rules"-ish, but it seems to have universal appeal.

Tom
Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #338
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Mystic , Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to woodysdad
Hey Skip, sorry you won't be able to make it to the BASH this year, next year we'll caravan up together..........and I'll be wishing you and the family a good outcome and speedy recovery, I mnow there will be plenty of photos to share with you and so I get back to you later this summer, take care and see you down the road, martin
woodysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #339
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
OKAY OKAY... I have gotten a few PMs on this too. Here is what I have come up with. My co hosts have not been consulted, I am taking full responsibility if this does not work, or people do not like it. Come to me with your complaints if you have any on this
When you arrive you will pull in front of the garage where we will have a greeter to get you registered. We will have an assortment of stuff there for you. On the table will be four piles of index cards with a happy hour day on them. You can choose one or all four days if you want. If you don't feel like picking one up, you don't have to. No one will know or care. This way you can choose what ever day you wish or as many times if you wish. You bring something on that day. Once a day is gone, it is gone. Late comers unfortunately will not get as good a choice as those who come early. This is fair and democratic as possible in my eyes. If we divide up the days this way the amount of food should be perfect for happy hour. I do encourage anyone staying through Monday to choose Sunday as their day. A good number have to leave Sunday, and by you choosing Sunday you give them a bigger selection. Once again, you are under no obligation to even pick one day. You will earn serious Airstream Spirit points if pick all four though. It is all your choice.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #340
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss View Post
Michelle I stayed in Minot, ND coming home from Bozeman Mt.. You must be taking US 2
I am taking the northern route on US 2. It has been a nice drive so far. I hope to make it to Duluth or a little farther today. We avoided the torando and thunderstorms. However, it is raining and I put the chocks in and the jacks down and I need to dump this morning. I will take this situation over damage to my trailer any day.
Here is a picture of my TV and Trailer per your request.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1240.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	105074  

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote