Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #301
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Frank, Sorry to hear your Killer happy hour idea failed. It worked out great at Crawfish. I guess I will just save the meatballs for Fridays Potluck and just do Guacamole each night for happy hours.

Question: Do we bring only sides for Saturday Nights dinner?
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #302
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi View Post
I will be bringing my solar panels that I did not have time to mount prior to leaving. Yesterday I installed the new power panel so I have real breakers. I have the inverter left to install then pack the trailer. I hi the road tomorrow!
The trailer is ready. Now I have to pack it. I am hoping to be out of Missoula by early afternoon and 5 hours down the road by this evening. See you all on the 24th.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #303
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Nick are making those meatballs again? Oh, man Nick makes the best meatballs I have ever tasted. Those would be a great contribution to pot luck or happy hour.

theCatSandi, Hopefully some time on the road you check in. Safe travels, we will see you in Central New York.

8 MORE DAYSsaying that today is soon over and the day you arrive does not count. That's how I'm counting it at least....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #304
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
7 DAYS!!!! and that is not just my counting, that is also how the countdown clock on the site reads it....
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #305
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
It is with great sadness that I inform you all that I will not be going to the Bash, this year. I selfishly held out until the last moment in hopes that I could somehow make it, and I apologize.

In addition to my family's health issues I just got rid of my primary tow vehicle which leaves me with my old wagon, which works great, but has not been prepped to tow on a trip. I need to perform a little maintenance and one repair before I can tow Dagny with it for 4 hours.

I had been working on a Caravan to The Bash and to those that pm'd or emailed me, I apologize for not getting back to you. Rob gave me the name of a good diner to stop at on Route 23 just past Catskill, which I cannot find now. I was going to drive up there to investigate the parking, but never got the chance. I'm afraid I bit off more than I could chew when I offered to host a caravan, and I apologize for letting you down.

I look forward to attending The Bash II next year.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #306
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Speaking of bringing stuff, does anyone want some counter trim. It's 8' long pieces, 7/8" front with a 3/16 overhang on top, bright aluminum finish or bright gold. I can get it in Home Depot in Canada $10 a piece. I've never seen it in U.S. Home Depots. Let me know soon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	may 24 2010 003.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	105008  
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #307
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Question 5 pole flag holder

Thinking of bringing my 5 pole flag holder that I bought from Rob, never used, to sell. I even bought a bunch of flags, including NEU, but never bought poles or installed it.

I really like the idea of flying flags are events, but didn't realize it has to be tinkered with to install (drill holes, buy metal loops to fit around hitch post), and we are just NOT handy or confident for stuff like this! Makes sense, there are a variety of post sizes out there, you don't want holes all over it. We never even attempted to install, so it is in new condition. Unbuffed (not shiny), at my request, but can be shined up with the correct tool.

I'll bring it with me, very heavy (well made!) and expensive to ship.

Let me know if you might want to buy it - OR maybe install it for me!

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #308
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Western , Massachusetts
Reply to Skip

Skip -

I'm really sorry to hear that you can't make it and hope that your family health issues are resolved quickly and with a good outcome.

No worries about the caravan. I do hope to meet you sometime soon.

Best wishes,

John
65CV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #309
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Cats,
Instead of selling it why don't you visit your local auto parts store, get two muffler clamps, and bring them and the flag pole holder to The Bash. I am sure with a little help from some trailerites we can get your holder mounted in a jiffy. Then you can fly your flags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin Cat View Post
Thinking of bringing my 5 pole flag holder that I bought from Rob, never used, to sell. I even bought a bunch of flags, including NEU, but never bought poles or installed it.

I really like the idea of flying flags are events, but didn't realize it has to be tinkered with to install (drill holes, buy metal loops to fit around hitch post), and we are just NOT handy or confident for stuff like this! Makes sense, there are a variety of post sizes out there, you don't want holes all over it. We never even attempted to install, so it is in new condition. Unbuffed (not shiny), at my request, but can be shined up with the correct tool.

TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #310
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:

Hi Roamin---I will do either.....help you install, or buy it if you decide not to. I keep switching mine back and forth between trailers. PM me a picture of it, and your hitch post. I didn't have to drill mine at all, just had to buy the right hardware to attach!!
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #311
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
It is with great sadness that I inform you all that I will not be going to the Bash, this year. I selfishly held out until the last moment in hopes that I could somehow make it, and I apologize.

In addition to my family's health issues I just got rid of my primary tow vehicle which leaves me with my old wagon, which works great, but has not been prepped to tow on a trip. I need to perform a little maintenance and one repair before I can tow Dagny with it for 4 hours.

I had been working on a Caravan to The Bash and to those that pm'd or emailed me, I apologize for not getting back to you. Rob gave me the name of a good diner to stop at on Route 23 just past Catskill, which I cannot find now. I was going to drive up there to investigate the parking, but never got the chance. I'm afraid I bit off more than I could chew when I offered to host a caravan, and I apologize for letting you down.

I look forward to attending The Bash II next year.
Skip--I was so looking forward to seeing you all. You will be missed.......Please give my best to Allie....

I looking forward to seeing your old station wagon again. What a great tow vehicle! Take care, Gail
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 AM   #312
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Quote:

I'd be happy to help you out with getting the holder mounted if you want. I'll be busy with hosting duties, but I'm sure I can find time to help you out.

John
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #313
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:

Bring it and I will install it for you, go to lowes and pick up the poles with you if needed. We you see all the flags flying, you will want to also
Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #314
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Okay, with all this help, who wants to install mine after I buy it. LOL
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #315
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think all those interested in installing flag pole holders will need to line up and we can rock- paper- scissors for who gets to do the work. Someone should call Lowes in Norwich (10 minutes drive) and warn them they might have a run on "u" bolts and 12 foot painters poles.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #316
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
parts part 3

Looking around in my cellar, I found

2 Bunk Brackets and 1 celling support.

Humphrey Gas light base and pyrex shroud. The gas light is missing the burner.

Gray tank hose converter. Aluminum adapter which allows you to adapt a garden house to your 3 inch dump.

Let me know if you're interested.

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #317
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Maybe on the brackets. I need to ask my hubby.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #318
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Phone coverage at Bakers Acres

Anyone know if there is a good cell signal at Bakers Acres? 3G?

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #319
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
I am also bringing a box of classic vintage treasures to the Airstream recycling swap meet. Mostly give-a-way stuff in hope they can be used again.
A furnace blower and a panel that switches from 12v to 110. free

front metal furnace screen guard. free

A stock magazine rack. Oak and off white. free

New and new style red and amber teardrop lights. prices too low to print!

an Astrodome screen frame. free

Original drawer pulls. Light gold colored. free

tethford/Valterra adapter and valterrra gray tank gate.

small backpackng stove of French manufacter. ? uses small lp tanks.

12v fan.
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #320
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
I am getting really excited about this. Loaded the amp up when Jane wasn't looking ......
Next is the deep fryer and could we hope to get a clearance for the smoker on the front of the truck.....
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote