Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #261
Mouse Nest Hunter

1961 28' Ambassador
Sherburne , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Brian, you will be going through many small towns on your way to the Bash. Please watch your speed while going through them. I am not going to say why I know this, but be sure when it goes from 55mph to 35mph you heed the sign.

Anyone coming up from Binghamton on Rt 12, watch it when you get to Oxford, NY. The 35mph limit starts well south of the village, before you get to any business or residential area. The revenuers, I mean police, like to hang out in that stretch.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #262
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
John, that is exactly where, I mean what, I was trying to mention. New York can be a very expensive state to get a speeding ticket. You think an Airstream gets attention at a gas station? Try one pulled over along a two lane road...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #263
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOwner View Post
Anyone coming up from Binghamton on Rt 12, watch it when you get to Oxford, NY. The 35mph limit starts well south of the village, before you get to any business or residential area. The revenuers, I mean police, like to hang out in that stretch.
Rover,
Thanks for the tip. That's exactly the way we will be approaching the Bash. I must have slipped through the net last year when we were up to Rob & Zoe's for the Just Family Camping Rally.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Directions once close

Ok, I wanted to post some photo directions for coming in...our driveway is off of County Road 16, or CR16. CR16 intersects with State Route 23, or SR23. Pierce Road is about 100 yards from the intersection of SR23 and CR16. Here is a picture that I took tonight standing at the end of our road, Pierce Road, standing on CR16 looking at SR23. That double arrow sign is SR23.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sawmill 044.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	104710

If you come from that direction, this is what you'll see when you get to Pierce Road (imagine coming from the other way.... almost same view):

Name:	sawmill 043.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	104711

And once turning onto Pierce Road:

Name:	sawmill 045.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	104712

Pierce Road is only 0.5 miles long, with a large tractor trailer turn around at the end. The upper field entrance to the Bash site is about .3 miles up on the right.

As you come up Pierce Road, you will come to our Garage. We'll have a sign there on the garage reminding everyone of directions... there should be a greeter somewhere around here...

Name:	sawmill 012.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	104703

Here's the road as you continue...

Name:	sawmill 013.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	104704

The next road on the right (which I'm calling Trailer Trash Turnpike) - do not take.. it's a drive to up behind the barn.. it's too steep for a truck/trailer combo...

Name:	sawmill 042.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	104709

You'll go down a dip then start back up the hill...

Name:	sawmill 014.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	104706

The next turn to the right is the entrance to the upper field. Short rigs, up to 24-26 feet, can make it, but I recommend going up to the end of the road to turn around and approach from above. Here's the right hand turn up in...

Name:	sawmill 015.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	104705

The view as you come back down the road -

Name:	sawmill 016.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	104707

Once you come up that turn in (Airstream Drive), this is the view you'll get of the upper field -

Name:	sawmill 017.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	104708

WELCOME - man time is a flying!!!!!!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #265
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
You forgot to tell them to look for the parkers as they come into the field Rob. We will have a parking crew to help you out. Please follow their directions. We are having a number of photos taken and want to get everyone parked perfectly. If the parking crew does not like your positioning, they may ask you to pull around and do it again so we are all lined up in a perfect wagon wheel. Do not take this as an insult please. There is no rush in parking, we will all take our time and get you set up perfectly. The crew will stay with you until you are leveled side to side and all set. Hopefully you will be parked next to a total stranger so that by the end of this Bash you are life long friends.

Only 11 days
Old 06-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #266
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
If anyone has video cameras, I would love to have you bring them with you. We are hoping to make a movie combining the experiences and points of view of many people. Maybe you could put the camera in the hands of your kid so we can capture their point of view. Perhaps you could take video of things that tweak your curiosity. Road shots of your travels to the Bash are good too. Remember the journey begins with the turn of the key. All and any video will be very welcomed. This is a golden opportunity to be creative and let your inner Martin Scorcese, your suppressed Quinton Tarantino, or your open Cecil B Demille come shinning out. Cinema verti, Art cinema, Black and white, Techno Color, any and all will be welcomed. The point is to get your perspective on the experience.

10 more days
Old 06-13-2010, 05:32 AM   #267
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Airstreams...Camera...ACTION

I'm no Frank Capra, but I'll bring my video camera and maybe come up with a couple frames of good footage
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
If anyone has video cameras, I would love to have you bring them with you. We are hoping to make a movie combining the experiences and points of view of many people. Maybe you could put the camera in the hands of your kid so we can capture their point of view. Perhaps you could take video of things that tweak your curiosity. Road shots of your travels to the Bash are good too. Remember the journey begins with the turn of the key. All and any video will be very welcomed. This is a golden opportunity to be creative and let your inner Martin Scorcese, your suppressed Quinton Tarantino, or your open Cecil B Demille come shinning out. Cinema verti, Art cinema, Black and white, Techno Color, any and all will be welcomed. The point is to get your perspective on the experience.

10 more days
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:45 AM   #268
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Kids

My ten year old daughter always gets worried about rallies, as it can be a time with 10 aunts and no kids, which she enjoys. She's hoping there will be a large gaggle of kids. Informal checking has a couple Baker boys, Frank's two girls, Donal Donal, and Paul Williams. (BTW, who's watching him there?)

How many kids will be attending? Any kid scheduled events?

My daughter has volenteered for sheep feeding and pen cleaning. Bringing her red wellies.

Waiting for the sky to brighten a bit more before heading out to polish the broomstick. Hands are sore.

Doug

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #269
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Oh, 50 or so!

Last count we had somewhere around 50 kids coming!! We'll have a lifeguard on duty too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow View Post
My ten year old daughter always gets worried about rallies, as it can be a time with 10 aunts and no kids, which she enjoys. She's hoping there will be a large gaggle of kids. Informal checking has a couple Baker boys, Frank's two girls, Donal Donal, and Paul Williams. (BTW, who's watching him there?)

My daughter has volenteered for sheep feeding and pen cleaning. Bringing her red wellies.

Waiting for the sky to brighten a bit more before heading out to polish the broomstick. Hands are sore.

Doug
Courtesy parking

Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #270
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Last count we had somewhere around 50 kids coming!! We'll have a lifeguard on duty too!
This is going to be fun for everyone. Really, cannot wait.

I suspect it's ok to bring spare parts to sell?

Old 06-13-2010, 06:05 AM   #271
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Yes!

Yeah, we'll have a spot in the barn to sell parts if you like, or you can do it out of your truck. Bring all you care!!

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #272
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:

Doug
I think Rob is slightly under counting the number of kids, but whats 10 or 15 more when you have at least 50 coming.
There will be many kids activities that involve more than fetching another beer from the cooler for Dad. With so many acres to explore the kids might even have a chance to explore like we all did as kids. I remember disappearing into the woods all day long, to return in time for dinner, dirty and all wet from playing in the creek. No worries on the kids having things to do.

Now for the record, the reason for concern was due to going to a "rally." This is not a rally, it is a BASH. Totally different thing. Leave your concerns at home, for you are going to have an excellent time.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #273
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
I'm no Frank Capra, but I'll bring my video camera and maybe come up with a couple frames of good footage
'
Who ever your inspiration might be, let it shine. Hopefully it was not Andy Warhol. I once watched one of his movies. I kept hoping something might happen, but, well.

Anyhow, please feel free to use whoever inspires you while looking through the eye piece.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #274
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
My ten year old daughter always gets worried about rallies, as it can be a time with 10 aunts and no kids,
Doug,

My daughters are the same way... but not to worry! You can add our four to your list. Two girls 12 and 15, plus twin boys that are 10... one of which would love to learn care for the sheep if your daughter is giving lessons?
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #275
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Ossining , New York
Thumbs up Alert The Media

I'll shoot some video and stills at the open house too.

Rob, this may be the biggest event to hit Chenango County or as Tim would say Chenannngeoooo County!

Name:	bash.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	104749
1956Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #276
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Sheep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Doug,

My daughters are the same way... but not to worry! You can add our four to your list. Two girls 12 and 15, plus twin boys that are 10... one of which would love to learn care for the sheep if your daughter is giving lessons?

Rob has the sheep. He's got a new girl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sheep.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	104750  

Old 06-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #277
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im going to bring my video camera as well and my still camera to take some shots! I hope to make a small movie by the end of the rally!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Yeah, we'll have a spot in the barn to sell parts if you like, or you can do it out of your truck. Bring all you care!!
Sweet. I have an original, lightly-used, official factory 1977 Argosy roof vent that someone must need for a truly authentic restoration...

(I can probably make back a fraction of what it cost to have Frank painstakingly drill that thing out rivet by rivet to put in a Fantastic Vent.)

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #279
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
you also have some original side panels for the gaucho and dinette. They are that very sought after baby blue color. I forgot to send them along with her. Will make sure they come along.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #280
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Tom the rivets were actually very easy to drill out it was the 17 layers of caulk, sealant, water proofing, silicone, putty, and kryptonite that were a bear to get through. I did manage to save it though and am surprised it has not ended up on Ebay yet. At a swap meet they beat you down till you give it away, on Ebay it is always rare, one of a kind, highly sought after, worked last time checked, and the price goes through the roof.