Old 06-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #575
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
Sorry We Couldn't Be There.......

Rob, Frank, et al:

Sorry we were not able to attend the first Birthday Bash. We would have very much liked to be there with you fine folks but, to be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that my family and I were ready for something of this magnitude quite yet. We have never been to a rally or even attempted camping with hook-ups let alone stand-alone and I know it would have been too much for us to handle the fiest time out.

I had hoped to have everything ready by the end of April but I became very busy with work unexpectedly in March and it's only letting up now. I don't even know if the propane appliances or plumbing are working. May just flew past in a blur. Suddenly it was mid-June and I knew the trailer and my family were not going to be ready in time. So regretfully I e-mailed Rob two weeks ahead of the event and asked him to offer our spot to the next person on the waiting list.

I know we missed out on something very special and wonderful but I know I made the right decision given our situation. Once the trailer and tow vehicle are ready we will be going camping with our good friends Richard and Robin later this summer. By the time the next BB rolls around I know we will be ready and we will be able to enjoy ourselves. We look forward to meeting you all at that time.

Kindest Regards,

"Best #@! Hamfest on the Planet!"

www.near-fest.com
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #576
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Full sized photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
I bet this is even more beautiful larger. could you upload full size?
biggoofball,

Here's an attempt at posting the full sized photo...

Roy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6468.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	105962  

Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #577
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Sweet!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #578
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
Rob, Frank, et al:

Sorry we were not able to attend the first Birthday Bash. We would have very much liked to be there with you fine folks but, to be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that my family and I were ready for something of this magnitude quite yet. We have never been to a rally or even attempted camping with hook-ups let alone stand-alone and I know it would have been too much for us to handle the fiest time out.

I had hoped to have everything ready by the end of April but I became very busy with work unexpectedly in March and it's only letting up now. I don't even know if the propane appliances or plumbing are working. May just flew past in a blur. Suddenly it was mid-June and I knew the trailer and my family were not going to be ready in time. So regretfully I e-mailed Rob two weeks ahead of the event and asked him to offer our spot to the next person on the waiting list.

I know we missed out on something very special and wonderful but I know I made the right decision given our situation. Once the trailer and tow vehicle are ready we will be going camping with our good friends Richard and Robin later this summer. By the time the next BB rolls around I know we will be ready and we will be able to enjoy ourselves. We look forward to meeting you all at that time.

Kindest Regards,

MisterMike,
Perhaps you were right not to attend as it would have possibly ruined your second rally. As for not being totally prepared, well you would have the expertise and experience from all of us to get you through and probably fix anything that was wrong and repairable on site. The only part that would have left you hanging was the towing the trailer to get there part.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #579

Anytown , ON
As this was our first Rally, actually our first camping with a trailer, we had only a rough idea of what to expect.

Our arrival on Saturday morning was later than we had planned so we quickly parked anywhere and charged down to breakfast. Didn't want to miss a group meal! No tickets or 'steenking' badges just get some fine food, sit and eat. These people would have fed anyone who showed up. Hmmmm, so far so good.

Next we are off to find Rob for some directions to a parking spot and he quickly interrupts what he is doing to walk ahead of us completely around the wheel to a terrific spot somehow still vacant on row 2. Frank shows up before we have dropped the hitch and gives us the skinny on the facilities. Again, this is some welcome.

Throughout the day we see this crew, and many others we didn't have time to meet, all over the venue doing whatever needed to be done. This was all to ensure that their guests, all the rest of us, were given a pretty impressive, relaxing and memorable stay.

I mentioned to some other campers that the experience reminded me of a Cruise in a way. Just show up and chill. Not bad at all.

We had an easy, friendly and entertaining introduction to this type of travel. It is hard to imagine the hosts and helpers being more welcoming and gracious. Thank you all.

The view from here...........................
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC5315PP.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	105965   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC5363RedSiz.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	105966  

Name:	_DSC5365RedSiz.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	105967   Click image for larger version

Name:	SerroScottySportsman.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	105968  

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #580
3 Rivet Member

Picasa Web Albums - AirstreamHobo - Birthday Bash...#

Check out my Photo Album...most of you are posting airstream pictures, I thought we should see the "Future" Airstreamers in action!! Also read the captions...Hope you like them! AirstreamHobo
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
http://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #581
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
biggoofball,

Here's an attempt at posting the full sized photo...

Roy
Hey Roy....NICE photo!

That's what they call a money shot. With this photo you may need an agent. Seriously.

I will blame my fireworks photos on my little entry level camera and hope that an upgrade will someday let me take a photo like this.

Good work.

gary
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #582
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Many Thanks

Marie and I wanted to express our appreciation also. As many have said, words seem inadequate to describe the "BASH." This is an event that will likely remain in our memories forever. It's possible that this will be one of "those" iconic moments that people will talk about and even brag about having attended. You know, the kind of bragging that one might do if they had attended Woodstock or taken that first caravan across Africa. Very great things can grow from small and simple beginnings. Imagine what may grow from something as extraordinary as the BASH. The planning and coordinating was true perfection. That plan was then executed with precision while never losing the intent and meaning of the BASH. Having fun. Having fun the way you want to have fun.

The youngest participant was 5 weeks old. The oldest was a good bit older. As we raise our children, our fun tends to wrap around them. There were no bored children at the BASH. They swam, played, explored, watched fireworks, sang along with Antsy McClain, entertained a clown, and made new friends. I saw two small girls standing waist deep in a field of wild flowers with a butterfly net. No Wii, no electronic games or iPods, no radios or televisions, just a butterfly net and a friend. As our children grow older they learn. Sometimes from us, sometimes from others, and sometimes on their own. Muddy feet weren't a problem, they were a lesson that sometimes the best fishing hole requires extra effort. Muddy feet or not, they still like fireworks and can occasionally be seen singing along with Antsy. As our children become adults, some may follow us with their own Airstream (maybe even one handed down from their grandparents). They still like fireworks and Antsy McClain. As they move on with their own adventure, we're left to enjoy happy hour, pot luck dinners, exploring the local area (and vineyards) and the company of new friends. Lots and lots of new friends. Turns out, we still like fireworks and Antsy McClain, too. As we move into retirement, we might get the chance of a lifetime to share an experience like this with our children and their children. Maybe it's just an opportunity to continue to meet new friends and share common interests. Again, we still enjoy the fireworks and Antsy. Everyone having fun the way they want to have fun. That's amazing.

So, we add our thanks to all of yours for all those that helped make this happen. Ace with everything from custom ordered eggs to photo flyovers. Doug, Obie and Steve the Airstream Ambassador, parking, cooking, and clowning. Deborah, first baking loaves and loaves of homemade bread for the French Toast, then cooking and helping. Dacia, Margaret, Willie and many others (including Rob and Zoe's parents and relatives) serving, helping and cleaning.
Ever more thanks to Steve, John, Frank and Rob for the vision to see what might be and the determination to make it be, even when others said it couldn't be. Now, imagine yourself having a conversation with your spouse after Thanksgiving dinner that starts with, "I was thinking about inviting a couple hundred people over to our house for a week this summer..." Zoe, thank you.

As I try to think of events that allow everyone to have fun the way they want to have fun, not too many come to mind. Thank you for permitting us to be part of this one.

Marie and Roy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6469.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	105979  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:01 PM   #583
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
a few photos

We would like to thank Rob and Zoe for allowing us to visit their farm and hosting this get together. Frank, Ace, Steve and all the others that helped plan, organize and make it happen. I hope you were all able to relax a bit and enjoy the weekend also. It was fun.

Photo Disclaimer: Having viewed the quality and artisic merit of the preceding photos I must first blame my fuzzy shapshots on my camera. It could not possibly be my fault. Any photo of artisic merit was because I accidentally touched the button while waiting for the camera to tell me to push the button.

Three photos per post.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bash 008.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	105980   Click image for larger version

Name:	bash 090.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	105981  

Name:	bash 046.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	105982  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #584
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
trailers

Nice!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bash 124.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	105989   Click image for larger version

Name:	bash 113.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	105990  

Name:	bash 136.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	241.3 KB
ID:	105991  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #585

Anytown , ON
Some of Saturday evening and early Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC5282Antsy.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	105983   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC5353pp.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	336.6 KB
ID:	105984  

Name:	_DSC5349pp.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	105985   Click image for larger version

Name:	All In The Family.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	105986  

Name:	One Of The  Bakers.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	105987   Click image for larger version

Name:	Three of Four.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	429.8 KB
ID:	105988  

Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #586
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
The Farm

Bakers Acres!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bash 043.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	105992   Click image for larger version

Name:	bash 045.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	105993  

Name:	bash 044.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	105994  
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #587
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
The yellow Moon

This was part of the fireworks. How did they do that?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bash 089.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	105996   Click image for larger version

Name:	bash 036.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	105997  

Name:	bash 110.jpg