Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #561
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Some of Antsy and Grant playing around the campfire...

Here are a couple...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0205.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	105924   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0208.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	105925  

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #562
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Everything tastes better with...

bacon!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0095.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	105926  

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

Old 06-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #563
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
The Baker Family...

What a great couple and such wonderful kids...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0263.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	105927  

TAC - NJ-007

Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #564
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
We got home....1 less tire though!

First I want to say thank you to Rob and his family for allowing all these people to come to their home with open arms! Your farm is so cool, and it was perfect, thank you!

Frank, you were a non-stop guy the whole weekend, always making sure that breakfast was made, and the fire had wood! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Steve, we didnt see each other a lot this weekend, and I know thats because you were also hard at work making sure things went smooth! Thank you as well!

Ace, great job, you helped out in so many areas, and your daughter did a great job making sure everyone got their TAC gear! Your hard work really made the bash even better! Thank again for the pictures!

One other person I would like to thank is Obie. Not only did he help with parking, he also made sure the kids had plenty of toys to keep them busy! Thank you so much for taking your weekend and helping!

I must say, this was an awesome rally! I had so much fun, it was tough to leave! I miss the view from atop the hill, and I miss the people. I was able to meet so many great people, and see friends again. I will say that this rally was the best planned I have ever seen. We always knew where meals where, we could always count on times, and if you didnt know something, you could always find someone who did.

We left around 10am yesterday and got a couple hours away from Baker Acres when I blew out a tire on my Jeep. It was kinda scary, but we had it changed in no time, and went on down the road. I agree with my dad, it was the best time for it to happen, it wasnt raining, and not a ton of traffic! Good for me to learn the tricks of changing a tire, I have done it before, but my dad gave me some tips which give me no doubt I could do it again if need be! So in closing, thank you all for your hard work, company, and fun at the Bash! I will NEVER forget this rally! The only thing I can say is.....good luck topping next year!

1300 Miles
1 Jeep Liberty Tire- $107
8 Tanks of gas- Who knows how much
Having a great time with friends- PRICELESS!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #565
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Sounds like several of us had little mishaps on the ride home. One of my stabilizers started to fall off luckily we had just stopped for a burger when someone told us. The thing was hanging by 1 bolt.

Here are some photos and the link to the rest Picasa Web Albums - Zona - Bash 2010
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_4792.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	105936   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4798.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	105937  

Name:	DSC_4877.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	105938   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4880.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	105939  

nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #566
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Thanks for the photos Nick!! The fireworks video is fantastic!!! I can only imagine how good it was in person. wow!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #567
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
"Unbelievable" "One of a Kind" "Awesome" there are not enough words to describe this rally. We met so many friendly and helpful people at the Bash. I can't imagine how any other rally can top the dinners, breakfasts, happy hours, fireworks, Antsy entertainment, and the fly by photos.

A huge "Thank you" to Rob, Steve, John, and Frank. Everything was above and beyond anything we were expecting. I appreciate and admire all the hard work you guys have put into this event. We are signing up for next year.

Also a big "Thank you" to the wives. Time the guys spent planning was time away from the family. And by the way-the boys did "Marry Up". Thanks ladies.

Kathy and Hank
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #568
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Top notch is all I have to say. What a great way to celebrate Wally's Birthday....it just doesn't get any better than this! Super glad we were able to be a part of this epic event!...thanks Rob for getting us in.

Thanks again for everything ....We had a blast and will be back!!!!!!
NEU
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #569
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Normally I wouldn't recommend watching fireworks on video. However, that one is impressive!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #570
3 Rivet Member

Well, I made it home from the Best Rally I ever went to!!! Just Camping, no rules just common sense, The week went so fast I am still amazed in what we did!! The big 4 did an Outstanding Job!!! And all this for $150.00 a couple..children free. I know my grandkids had so much fun.They wanted to know if they could do it again,they met so many new friends. I think they were all in my Airstream. Thats' OK I enjoyed them all!!! I will post picture album later but for now just read the Blog AirstreamHobo Travels

My MANY THANKS TO ALL!!! Obie
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #571
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Not trying to hold out with the photos, but I will be posting many of my photos on my blog over the next few days. If you care to read, please do. Comments are welcome.

It is my hope that for next year Airstream and Thor will take on a larger role in participating in this event. Without their product, none of this would have happened. Meyers RV was kind enough to join us with a couple of rigs, but I would love to have Airstream be a part of this.

Yes, the planning is soon to begin I am sure.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #572
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
I have no idea where to even start thanking everyone for a 1st rate event.. I did try to find the Bakers when I left and even went to the house looking for them.. What a great couple!! I agree with Laura.. Does Frank ever stop?? My gosh he was a working machine!! John and Steve your dedication was unreal.. You guys were everwhere!! Ace.. all I can say is... YOU DA MAN!!! Great photos from the plane!! I met so many new friends and got to see many old friends as well... To all of you.. I am Dedicated!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #573
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler View Post
One of the great things about the Bash, aside from meeting a lot of great people, was seeing what others have done with their rigs. My top 3 picks from the Bash (in no particular order) are Gail's '67 Overlander (lively colors, great floor plan for parties, and ya gotta love the pink & black checkerboard), Linda's '61 Tradewind "Lu Lu"(best bedroom and bathroom layout in a reasonably sized trailer), and Doug's '56 Caravanner 'The Broomstick' (best kitchen sink/counter EVER). I think the trailer with the most potential is Virginia's '75 22' Argosy - it's still pretty much stock and is a great blank slate on which to build a custom interior.

A big "Thank You" to all of the Bashers that opened their trailers for a look-see. I know that we got a lot of ideas for our next rig.
Yes on Virginia's Argosy. With that sharp 74 Olds wagon painted to match it makes quite a pair. I even heard her radio in the Argosy is now working..LOL..LOL..
Old 06-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #574
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
BRAVO! and WELL DONE!

Thank you to all the coordinators and guests that made this the premier Airstream event of the year. I think we definitely lived up to the T.A.C. slogan..."We're dead serious about having fun." Having attended a few rallies hosted by these folks I knew we were in good hands. My wife and I are looking forward to what they will do next year.

I took about an hour's worth of video and once I get some down time I will burn it to a DVD and send it to Frank and they can use the footage in whatever means they wish, maybe a video commercial for next year's BASH.

Even our dogs, Bailey & Fred (Pintoman's dog) got along and had a good time at the BASH!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0254.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	387.4 KB
ID:	105959   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0255.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	105960  

Name:	IMG_0258.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	105961  
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #575
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
Sorry We Couldn't Be There.......

Rob, Frank, et al:

Sorry we were not able to attend the first Birthday Bash. We would have very much liked to be there with you fine folks but, to be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that my family and I were ready for something of this magnitude quite yet. We have never been to a rally or even attempted camping with hook-ups let alone stand-alone and I know it would have been too much for us to handle the fiest time out.

I had hoped to have everything ready by the end of April but I became very busy with work unexpectedly in March and it's only letting up now. I don't even know if the propane appliances or plumbing are working. May just flew past in a blur. Suddenly it was mid-June and I knew the trailer and my family were not going to be ready in time. So regretfully I e-mailed Rob two weeks ahead of the event and asked him to offer our spot to the next person on the waiting list.

I know we missed out on something very special and wonderful but I know I made the right decision given our situation. Once the trailer and tow vehicle are ready we will be going camping with our good friends Richard and Robin later this summer. By the time the next BB rolls around I know we will be ready and we will be able to enjoy ourselves. We look forward to meeting you all at that time.

Kindest Regards,
"Best #@! Hamfest on the Planet!"

www.near-fest.com
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #576
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Full sized photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
I bet this is even more beautiful larger. could you upload full size?
biggoofball,

Here's an attempt at posting the full sized photo...

Roy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6468.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	105962  
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #577
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Sweet!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #578
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
Rob, Frank, et al:

Sorry we were not able to attend the first Birthday Bash. We would have very much liked to be there with you fine folks but, to be perfectly honest, I didn't feel that my family and I were ready for something of this magnitude quite yet. We have never been to a rally or even attempted camping with hook-ups let alone stand-alone and I know it would have been too much for us to handle the fiest time out.

I had hoped to have everything ready by the end of April but I became very busy with work unexpectedly in March and it's only letting up now. I don't even know if the propane appliances or plumbing are working. May just flew past in a blur. Suddenly it was mid-June and I knew the trailer and my family were not going to be ready in time. So regretfully I e-mailed Rob two weeks ahead of the event and asked him to offer our spot to the next person on the waiting list.

I know we missed out on something very special and wonderful but I know I made the right decision given our situation. Once the trailer and tow vehicle are ready we will be going camping with our good friends Richard and Robin later this summer. By the time the next BB rolls around I know we will be ready and we will be able to enjoy ourselves. We look forward to meeting you all at that time.

Kindest Regards,

MisterMike,
Perhaps you were right not to attend as it would have possibly ruined your second rally. As for not being totally prepared, well you would have the expertise and experience from all of us to get you through and probably fix anything that was wrong and repairable on site. The only part that would have left you hanging was the towing the trailer to get there part.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #579

Anytown , ON
As this was our first Rally, actually our first camping with a trailer, we had only a rough idea of what to expect.

Our arrival on Saturday morning was later than we had planned so we quickly parked anywhere and charged down to breakfast. Didn't want to miss a group meal! No tickets or 'steenking' badges just get some fine food, sit and eat. These people would have fed anyone who showed up. Hmmmm, so far so good.

Next we are off to find Rob for some directions to a parking spot and he quickly interrupts what he is doing to walk ahead of us completely around the wheel to a terrific spot somehow still vacant on row 2. Frank shows up before we have dropped the hitch and gives us the skinny on the facilities. Again, this is some welcome.

Throughout the day we see this crew, and many others we didn't have time to meet, all over the venue doing whatever needed to be done. This was all to ensure that their guests, all the rest of us, were given a pretty impressive, relaxing and memorable stay.

I mentioned to some other campers that the experience reminded me of a Cruise in a way. Just show up and chill. Not bad at all.

We had an easy, friendly and entertaining introduction to this type of travel. It is hard to imagine the hosts and helpers being more welcoming and gracious. Thank you all.

The view from here...........................
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC5315PP.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	105965   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC5363RedSiz.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	105966  

Name:	_DSC5365RedSiz.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	105967   Click image for larger version

Name:	SerroScottySportsman.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	451.9 KB
ID:	105968  

Minimost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #580
3 Rivet Member

Picasa Web Albums - AirstreamHobo - Birthday Bash...#

Check out my Photo Album...most of you are posting airstream pictures, I thought we should see the "Future" Airstreamers in action!! Also read the captions...Hope you like them! AirstreamHobo
Ford Diesel Van "The Obie Van"
WBCCI #2590
TAC PA-2
https://airstreamhobo.blogspot.com/
airstreamhobo is offline   Reply With Quote