Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
This is starting to feel like the other club. People needing to know when to eat, when to drink, and PM's to lobby their agenda. I sure hope a way is found to not just do the SOS with a new name. Jane and I will be camping in the field. That's the only structure we need today.
Paul, no one is telling you when or what or how to do anything. The phrases like: "you are not obligated" and "your choice" or "if you want" or "if you don't want to" have been used repeatedly from day one. The schedule is for those who like a little order. The schedule is for those who like to know what is going on. We are trying hard to please those people's needs and the need you have for no agenda Paul.
Funny thing about the happy hour assignments, Paul. when I said "some will choose all four days" well, it was you I was thinking as I said it. I left out the notion that it is usually four things for each of the four days. So relax Paul, no one is telling you what you have to do.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #352
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
OK, maybe I'm one of those folks who need to be told.......

For the breakfast, Should I be providing a dish to share?

Same question for the steak dinner?

I think I understand the rest of the food stuff. I just want to be sure I'm doing my fair share.

I do have a question/concern regarding the open house. I really enjoy going around to see all the trailers, but the usual problem comes up that I won't be at my trailer to "host" questions. Any solution for this?

Also, I see a "cruise-in" is scheduled. Great idea, I'm assuming this is "outsiders" coming in. I'm sure I also want to go look at the cars, but do I need to be concerned at all with leaving my trailer open to the general public unattended? I really can't imagine having any kind of intentional problem, but I'd hate to come back to something broken due to curiosity.

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #353
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
OK, maybe I'm one of those folks who need to be told.......

For the breakfast, Should I be providing a dish to share?

Nope, just bring a plate. Some utensils. A mug for coffee. A smile. A hearty appetite. A good story to share with a neighbor. If your Paul, do as you wish no one is even suggesting to do anything. Not even a whiff of suggestion there...

Same question for the steak dinner?

Same thing. Except Paul that is...

I think I understand the rest of the food stuff. I just want to be sure I'm doing my fair share.

Only do what your heart commands and that will be plenty. Looking forward to seeing you again.

I do have a question/concern regarding the open house. I really enjoy going around to see all the trailers, but the usual problem comes up that I won't be at my trailer to "host" questions. Any solution for this?

I usually am the one left behind. When I want to leave I just shut the door. I generally never lock the trailer at an event. All you thieves reading have now found me out.

Also, I see a "cruise-in" is scheduled. Great idea, I'm assuming this is "outsiders" coming in. I'm sure I also want to go look at the cars, but do I need to be concerned at all with leaving my trailer open to the general public unattended? I really can't imagine having any kind of intentional problem, but I'd hate to come back to something broken due to curiosity.

Than lock her up. Or you could pay someones kid to guard it.
Hope this answers your questions.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #354
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
I had similar concerns. I'm personally planning/hoping to get to see some folks' trailers in the days before the open house. In between all of the eating and drinking, that is...

Tom
Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #355
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Sounds like my diet starts after the bash!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #356
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Someone else has PMed asking...

Norwich is a small city. They call it that. If you live in a city you call it a town and if you live downtown a city you call it a village. However Norwich has just about everything you might want or need. There is a Super Walmart, A Price Chopper, Tractor Supply, Lowes, Dunkin Donuts, Mc Donald s, an AWSOME pizzeria, and many other stores of all sorts. Have not checked into the booze store though. I usually come supplied and go searching half way through because the margaritas were very popular the night before. Norwich is 10 minutes away.

Also ten minutes away is Service Pharmacy in Sherburne. One of your Hosts, John, owns Service Pharmacy. They also have most of what you need. John has a good old fashion business dedicated to serving it's customers needs. Perhaps you can take some of your business his way. Bring those empty pill bottles and let him fill them for you. He also stocks all the basic household necessities.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #357
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Someone else has PMed asking...

Norwich is a small city. They call it that. If you live in a city you call it a town and if you live downtown a city you call it a village. However Norwich has just about everything you might want or need. There is a Super Walmart, A Price Chopper, Tractor Supply, Lowes, Dunkin Donuts, Mc Donald s, an AWSOME pizzeria, and many other stores of all sorts. Have not checked into the booze store though. I usually come supplied and go searching half way through because the margaritas were very popular the night before. Norwich is 10 minutes away.

Also ten minutes away is Service Pharmacy in Sherburne. One of your Hosts, John, owns Service Pharmacy. They also have most of what you need. John has a good old fashion business dedicated to serving it's customers needs. Perhaps you can take some of your business his way. Bring those empty pill bottles and let him fill them for you. He also stocks all the basic household necessities.
Tractor Supply? WOOHOO!!!! My favorite store!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #358
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Paul, no one is telling you when or what or how to do anything. The phrases like: "you are not obligated" and "your choice" or "if you want" or "if you don't want to" have been used repeatedly from day one. The schedule is for those who like a little order. The schedule is for those who like to know what is going on. We are trying hard to please those people's needs and the need you have for no agenda Paul.
Funny thing about the happy hour assignments, Paul. when I said "some will choose all four days" well, it was you I was thinking as I said it. I left out the notion that it is usually four things for each of the four days. So relax Paul, no one is telling you what you have to do.
Thanks Frank. I feel better now. So I can do a happy hour thingy every day?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #359
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59 View Post
So I can do a happy hour thingy every day?
You can do what ever you want my man. Four dishes from you everyday is more than fine with me. What ever you want buddy, seriously.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #360
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Water

If you are coming into town from the south or east, and need water, I've got it cleared for you to stop in at the Fairgrounds in Norwich. The Fairgrounds are off East Main Street across from the Smith Ford car dealer. Enter through the main gate off East Main and just around the corner to the right, there is a water spigot... fill on up (you'll need your hose). Let me know if you arrive if you did get water from there.

The fairgrounds address is:

168 East Main Street
Norwich, NY 13815-1524

The fairgrounds are about 6 miles from the Bash site.

If you are coming from the north, you can stop at Paddleford Park in Sherburne at
53 Chapel St.,Sherburne, NY 13460 and fill up. Again, you'll need your hose. The water spigot there is in between the pavilion and the swimming pool. Sherburne is about 10 miles away from the Bash site.

If the west, you can either run into Norwich, or see if you can get it on your way in.

Prefer you to come into the Bash site with a full water tank, and empty black / gray tanks!!

Thanks everyone!

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #361
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Airedale

Are you bringing your kayak? I was think of bringing mine but not sure what was in the area.

Rob

any comments

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Airedale

Are you bringing your kayak? I was think of bringing mine but not sure what was in the area.

Rob

any comments
I'll bring mine if there's anything of interest to paddle.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #363
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
The mighty Chenango

I've canoed the Chenango many times... I think kayaking it would be awesome!!

Formed by the convergence of several brooks between Morrisville and Hamilton, the Chenango river snakes through pastures, croplands, and woodlots on its 70-something-mile trip to the Susquehanna River. Its combination of long, narrow pools, stretches of bottom-scraping ripples, and short rapids at the bends makes the river perfect canoe habitat. Key species: Brown trout, walleye, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, and northern pike.

For action packed details of the Chenango, you need to ask the Weimer's as they ran it a couple years ago, specifically Becky

Chenango River - NY

Chenango River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've got a Grumman in the barn if someone wants to take it out as well.

You can put in either in Earlville or Sherburne and run to North Norwich or Norwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Airedale

Rob

any comments
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #364
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
We're bringing our two kayaks - they'll be available for loan when we're not using them (which should be often).

We'll be coming from the DC Rally - so likely will arrive mid-afternoon Thursday. If there are any duties that can be assigned, I promise I'll be glad to accept.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote