Old 03-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Well, the deal with the title is there still isn't a title, so we're backing out of the '47 Liner. I am sad to do it, but just can't continue to struggle along fighting. I'm going to concentrate on finding something else and maybe I'll luck out.
So, with a lot of luck, I'll see some of you out there in the country!!

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfoxrae View Post
Well, the deal with the title is there still isn't a title, so we're backing out of the '47 Liner. I am sad to do it, but just can't continue to struggle along fighting. I'm going to concentrate on finding something else and maybe I'll luck out.
hi Rae
That's to bad about the title thing, but still make the trip over to the BASH if you can. With so many different models and years in attendence to look over it will help refine your future needs.

Just as well a 47' won't be showing up as it makes us 60's owner look like vintage posers!

We are going to take you up on courtesy parking some time at your boatyard. Hope you find a new/old trailer soon.

Gary

Old 03-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #157
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
We're going to have alot of vintage radios on display, so bring your old radios and record players.. check out Page 84 of Wanderlust.. we'll have a few of those too.... Looking forward to this alot!! I love the old sounds!!
Rob I checked out that Wally Photo... Its a 600 series Trans-Oceanic. Introduced in 1954... Last ones were made in 1962..The Trans-Oceanic came out in 1942 and the series ended in 1981. A total of 11 different versions were built in those years. These are great radios with very high quality audio. I hope to have several models to show at the B.B.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Trans-Oceanic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Found this after I made the last post...
Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #159
1950 Flying Cloud 7039

1950 21' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Quote:
C'est la vie.

There are many times I wish the gods did not drop the Coke bottle on my head.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #160
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC7039 View Post
C'est la vie.

There are many times I wish the gods did not drop the Coke bottle on my head.

Love that movie. Excellent reference.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Safari62- I think I sent you a message before, but YES- definitely stop at the yard on the way. By then I hope CT has dried out some..lots of flooding lately

FC7039- biggoofball yes-- very good reference!!

I am hunting right now, but... we'll see. I am attending the Vintage Resto rally in NM in early June, so my mind will be swirling with images and information! Can't wait.

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #162
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOwner View Post
If there is any interest, I will be guiding a fishing trip on the Chenango River. No canoes needed, we'll be driving to within 100 yards of the river at about 5 different fishing holes. These are good spots, too. I've spent 30 years fishing this river and I can (almost) guarantee success. Pike, walleye, and trout will be the targeted species but we may get into the carp as well. While I don't eat carp, there is nothing like fighting a 15 pound carp on a light trout rig!

John
I'm just a newbie with the fly fishing thing, my son insists I do it because that's all he does now. What are you bring for flies? My gear may be all wrong as he took my last outfit having broken his goofing around with the big ones in Selkirk for the Salmon run on a light pole. They got it of course so now I'm without one of my rods. Could use some suggestions of what to bring and have to double check I still have it. He came home for a visit this weekend. LOL my experience in the NY lakes is trolling for the Lakers with my Dad.

Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #163
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Safari62- I think I sent you a message before, but YES- definitely stop at the yard on the way. By then I hope CT has dried out some..lots of flooding lately

I am hunting right now, but... we'll see. I am attending the Vintage Resto rally in NM in early June, so my mind will be swirling with images and information! Can't wait.

Rae
Hi Rae
We were in CT last weekend and got to see much of the flood damage in the town of North Stonington. wow!
I was mostly commenting on your generous offer of parking for wayfaring Airstreamers at your boat yard and that it would be great to stop and overnight on our way south or north. I will for sure check in to see if there is a berth available in advance of docking.
But not on the way to the Bash or anytime soon. Hope you will still be able to make it over to the bash even though you are still hunting for another trailer.

Good luck!
Gary
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #164
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Let's get Tim!

If we are doing a live podcast at the bash, We need Tim! Let's get Tim! Let's get Tim!
Donate to the VAP now!

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Hi Rae
We were in CT last weekend and got to see much of the flood damage in the town of North Stonington. wow!
I was mostly commenting on your generous offer of parking for wayfaring Airstreamers at your boat yard and that it would be great to stop and overnight on our way south or north. I will for sure check in to see if there is a berth available in advance of docking.
But not on the way to the Bash or anytime soon. Hope you will still be able to make it over to the bash even though you are still hunting for another trailer.

Good luck!
Gary

The basement to the house there is still flooded. Still coming in. Pumps are trying to keep up... My husband has fans going up high and opens windows during the day. It's crazy. Rhode Island was the worst- the floods shut down 1/2 the state.

Call, email, PM, anytime. There's always a spot. At this moment I am flying out to NM for the vintage resto rally-- to learn about the things I will be doing to an AS. I still might have the energy to drive out to the Bash.. Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #166
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
The link to the auction is on the web site:

Baker's Acres of Chenango

Goes through 4 April.

Enjoy!

Rob

And the winner IS............
Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #167
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post

Shhhhh. I hear Wally was the winner. He will be front and center for the Bash.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #168
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post

Roots and Wings is the winner.

Now everyone that did not bid and wanted to contribute to the charity have a chance. This is a great way to help out. We are going to hold a non perishable food drive. We are hoping to fill an entire pick up truck bed full. Maybe a trailer too. All weekend long you will be able to drop off what ever you feel comfortable with and we will take it in at the end of the Bash. Feel free to bring stuff with you from home or the grocery store can sell you whatever you want to contribute. As always you are of NO OBLIGATION to contribute. This will all be voluntary.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote