Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #181
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
They will paint Hot on one and Cold on the other before the Bash just like the tanks on Route 81 headed south.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #182
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
The one that's further south, closer to the sun, will be the hot water tank.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #183
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
In our local paper today!!

The Evening Sun | Local Airstream enthusiast hosts birthday bash for 80

Enjoy!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #184
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
That's a great write-up Rob! I got a kick out of this line (not to be confused with Wally Byam’s Caravan Club, Inc.) They didn't know the good thing they had when they had it. Have a blast all. I wish we lived close enough to pop over. We will be anxious for stories and pictures.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #185
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
The rest of the story

(they got a couple things wrong - but don't they always)...

Eighty Airstream owners from Maine to Montana and from Canada to Georgia plan to attend the Birthday Bash on Thursday, June 24 to Monday, June 28 on Baker’s Acres in Plymouth. According to the event’s website, there are 14 waiting on a stand by list.
Plans are underway to include an open house and grand fireworks show by American Fireworks on Saturday in honor of Byam. The public is invited to both, but a can a food for the weekend’s food drive for charity is requested.
The open house begins at 6:30 p.m. Airstreams hailing from the different decades will be open to tours, and there will be eight professional Airstream restoration businesses represented. Roughly 65 percent of all Airstreams ever made are still rolling down the highway.
“We’ve got Airstreams from the late 40s to some that are brand new attending. Any hot rodders or antique car buffs, stop on over Saturday evening,” said Baker. “If someone out there wants or has always wondered about the Airstream travel trailer - they should stop out. There will be lots of miles here, many lessons and knowledge of road travels.”
Chenango County has a lot of Airstream followers, possibly as a result of Norwich’s Northeast Classic Car Museum and the county’s Rolling Antiquers Old Car Club Show at the fairgrounds every summer. Kwasnik said all vintage auto enthusiasts would not doubt enjoy the open house.
“If they come to the event, I think they are really going to be turned on. These are beautiful old girls that really have a lot of character to them,” he said.
Built in his backyard back in 1931, Byam’s vintage design is the same iconic shape. But while it may look the same on the outside, the insides are updated with compact and efficient appliances, marble countertops, wood cabinetry, wireless Internet connectivity and other modern conveniences.
Airstreams are the only travel trailer manufactured in the 30s still in production today, operating out of Jackson Center, Ohio. Baker said he had invited Airstream President and Chief Executive Officer Bob Wheeler to attend the event. Wheeler happens to be a 1983 graduate of Morris High School.
Participants will enjoy family-style breakfasts every morning, happy hours, potluck dinners and camp fires each night. Some of the activities planned include a professional clown for the kids and Antsy McClain of the “Trailer Park Troubadours” who will drive up from Nashville in her 1966 Airstream.
For more information about the event, visit bakersacresofchenango.org.
Courtesy parking

Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #186
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
FYI to New England caravaners to the Bash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysdad View Post
hello all you fellow TAC members, earlier this year there was talk of a caravan from the Connecticut area to the "bash" would you interested parties get back to me, I want to ride up with you folks,thanks TAC # CAN-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggoofball View Post
That was me Woodysdad.

I am currently in the hospital with my sweet wife. We've been dealing with a lot of health issues for many months.

I have a plan but I've not scouted the route yet as I had wanted to. I am even not certain anymore if I will make it at all. I will notify all who pm'd me about this as soon as I know exactly what is going on.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Everyone ~ Please bring your cameras and take lots of pics to post for those of us who cannot attend the Birthday Bash!

Thanking you in advance!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #188
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
28 Days

Only 28 working days (assuming you work Mon-Fri) until the Bash kicks off. Just came off the hill from mowing... the Bash parking area is looking sweet!! What a day and what a view from up there.. I'm getting excited - how about you all?
Courtesy parking

Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #189
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I just looked out towards the camper shed, and I swear I could see the thing quivering. Or is that "all a'quiver"?

See you in a few weeks. Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #190
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Only 28 working days (assuming you work Mon-Fri) until the Bash kicks off. Just came off the hill from mowing... the Bash parking area is looking sweet!! What a day and what a view from up there.. I'm getting excited - how about you all?
Ok, I am getting nervous. My trailer is an aluminum tent right now. I have to get out and start working on her. Area 33 is coming up soon! The DC Upgrade had to wait until school was over. Now I have a solar install on the house coming up as well. If my back holds out I will have DC power in time....

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Yes, we are excited...... see.....

Er.....um.....I just checked and it was still a few months away??? Where did that time go? I just returned from the White Mountains area and the blackflies and mosquitos were camping too.

Are they biting in Bashville?
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #192
jm2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
if they're "Biting in Bashville" try this for help -

google "Bye Bye Blackfly". it's a Deet free product made locally in a small town just up the road in the Adirondacks, and have had good success using it when we go canoeing for a week up there.

best,

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2

https://defendwally.org/
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #193
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Not yet

No blackflies here yet... don't really recall them around here.. The fields are all mowed - the grass is growing so fast, it's hard keeping up.... I'm mowing 8 feet now so that helps...

We'll turn the barn hay mow into a flea market area, so bring your vintage or new trailer wares... we'll have the radio display in there where there's power too...

I've got to get my mountain bike out and check out some local trails.. mostly will be the truck trails in the local state lands, and back dirt roads.. but it will be hilly...

The 5k on Sunday morning, if there is interest, will be more of a fun run.. no competition....

I'll be stopping at the local Monday night cruise in this week and will talk to the local organizer.... and drop flyers on the cars.

If you are into fishing - Chenango River: Walleyes, Northern Pike, Chain Pickerel, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Panfish, plus our pond is a catch and release Bass pond.

Canoeing the Chenango - no canoe needed - see the Weimer's for recommended swimming locations

Chenango River Landing - Canoe Rentals, Camping, Sherburne, New York

We really love the Hamilton Farmer's Market, about a 17 mile drive north. Hamilton is home to Colgate University and has a nice little downtown to walk through. The Colgate Bookstore is right in the center of town.

Time is a flying, and as busy as June is for me on the job side, it'll be here in a flash!!! Looking forward to hearing the details of the Caravans in....

Rob
TAC NY-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
Yes, we are excited...... see.....

Er.....um.....I just checked and it was still a few months away??? Where did that time go? I just returned from the White Mountains area and the blackflies and mosquitos were camping too.

Are they biting in Bashville?
Courtesy parking

Old 05-16-2010, 05:53 AM   #194
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Early arrivals

We've got 4 early arrivals.... wow!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	On the Hill May 2010 011.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	102625

One Argosy, one 64 Trade Wind

Name:	On the Hill May 2010 009.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	102626

our 58 SOTR one Serro Scotty...

Name:	On the Hill May 2010 003.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	102627

Name:	On the Hill May 2010 004.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	102628

Also some photos of downtown Norwich here ( first is looking North on Main Street, 2nd is looking south on Main Street ) - center of town is 5 miles from the Bash location

Name:	On the Hill May 2010 015.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	102629

This last photo is looking Southwest off the hill towards Norwich

What a gorgeous morning it is!!

Rob
TAC NY-1
Courtesy parking

Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #195
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We'll be heading east toward the Bash beginning from our house in central Ohio on Wed the 23rd evening. We're planning an overnight pause somewhere near Jamestown, NY and then finishing the journey on Thurs the 24th. Our route will be I-271 and I-90 in Ohio & PA, then grabbing I-86 in PA and into NY. If anyone's traveling in parallel to that, let us know and we can make a caravan.

The return trip will be the same route, but all in one day on Monday the 28th.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #196
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Squatting already Rob? Some hosts will do anything for a good spot.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #197
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Mystic , Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to woodysdad
rob or any of our gracious hosts are there any special parking concerns for us motorhomers at the bash , I would still hope to be in the wagonwheel formation but maybe be able to venture out during the day and not lose my spot?
woodysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #198
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Motorhomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodysdad View Post
rob or any of our gracious hosts are there any special parking concerns for us motorhomers at the bash , I would still hope to be in the wagonwheel formation but maybe be able to venture out during the day and not lose my spot?
Martin,

We'll look at the parking while setting it up where the best place for the motorhomes will be... it's a hay field and large, but we'll try to keep it so that you can get in and out... most likely the outer ring.

Perhaps you can car pool around with other folks going out exploring to limit the need to drive - getting to know some other folks..

Weather will dictate alot... as the road along the field is hard, but with lots of rain, continued driving up there could make it interesting. The less driving around up there with those heavy MHs, the better.

We'll do what we can Martin.

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 AM   #199
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I second the ride sharing idea. I am sure that there will be many going your way or even interested in going on an adventure with you. I know I would be interested in it. Hopefully I am not tied up all day everyday and we can make that happen. The water truck will be going to town from time to time so a ride to the store should be no problem. Going sight seeing, well that might be something we need to put the word out on. There is a great deal to see and do in the region, so I can understand the desire to go out and explore. Baker's Acres is going to have to forgo at least one cutting of hay this year so the less driving around in the field the better.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #200
2 Rivet Member

1968 22' Safari
1977 31' Sovereign
1977 Argosy 28
1977 28' Argosy 28
Mystic , Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to woodysdad
yet, another brilliant idea from the folks that gave us the TAC, what will they think of next, I wonder?
woodysdad is offline   Reply With Quote