Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #281
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Nope. Don't encourage him to surf or me to blo post
Not going to tell you what to do, but you WILL BE on vacation during the Bash!
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #282
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
Hey Nicki

Even better Bill didn't tell you he drove 1300 miles one way to get his 1st AS. Plus he has already sold that one and has moved up to a bigger one. Now that's a real Airstreamer.

See Ya Soon At The Bash III

Ace in PA

Attachment 159421

Attachment 159422

Wow! That is one for the BASH legends!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #283
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
If any of you are wanting to make your own legends or you are just looking for a nice family(not Rebelstands) event, we still have room for you and you are more than welcome to come and join us. We can take your money at the door or you can send it in to Ace. Anyone and everyone is welcome(as long as you have an Airstream or a very cool vintage trailer).
Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #284
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
nice family(not Rebelstands) event
Hey...I resemble that! Are you knocking the family or the family event?

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #285
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
you are just looking for a nice family(not Rebelstands)

what you don't like crazy arguments, creating scandalous gossip, and at least one old lady whose lost the filter on her mouth... (good ol'Aunt Gail.. oh wait, she never had a filter...). As for the rest.. well, some things you just can't talk about.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 05-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #286
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:

according to the vast majority of the US, I am on a permanent vacation.... mentally speaking of course.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #287
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Bethel Park near Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Send a message via Skype™ to aceflys
Vacation Time

Quote:
I myself have recently came out of early retirement. What others call self-employment. I now have a full time job. I told my boss I needed the 1st week of July off. I said "if you need to fire me that would be OK but I won't be there!". Well I got the week off and I still have my job.

See Ya at The Bash III

Ace in PA

BASH III SCHEDULE.pdf

BASH III REGISTRATION FORM.pdf
aceflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #288
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
Hey, now. You know I am joking. I stated it was like a family reunion and Nicki quickly filled me in on that NOT being a selling point.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 AM   #289
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Hey, now. You know I am joking. I stated it was like a family reunion and Nicki quickly filled me in on that NOT being a selling point.
Yeah, let's not assimilate the Bash to a family reunion. I go to my family reunion. I try not to stay any longer than I have to. I try to avoid most people there. The food sucks. And if I flip out my box of wine, there's gasps from the crowd.

The Bash is 100% opposite of that. I take vacation time from work to spend maximum time at the Bash. I try to see everyone I can at the Bash (and still get a nap in and not get yelled at by Andrea for not watching the kids). The food is AWESOME. My box of wine is on the table outside my Airstream and anyone that wants to fill up can do so...as long as they are willing to sit / stand and BS with me for a while.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #290
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Now, for me, it is the opposite of Jason. My family used to have great family reunions. They were always in a State Park where kids could go off and play in the woods, get dirty, and just be kids without our parents worrying. The food and drink flowed freely. The Aunts(sorry to be sexist, but it was the 1970's) would try to out do the other Aunts. They all had their signature dish, but tried to take it to 11 every time they made it. The Uncles all tried to compete with who could fit more beer and sodas into a cooler than the next. No one fought with each other and everyone was genuinely happy to see each other. The only regret was, that we did not do it more often.
For me, the Bash has become the substitute for the family reunions that do not happen any longer.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #291
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Yeah...my family doesn't have reunions, and I've been to one of Nicki's -- and I'll never go back...I sure as hell hope the bash isn't like any of those!

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #292
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Quote:
so is he

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Yeah, let's not assimilate the Bash to a family reunion. I go to my family reunion. I try not to stay any longer than I have to. I try to avoid most people there. The food sucks. And if I flip out my box of wine, there's gasps from the crowd.

The Bash is 100% opposite of that. I take vacation time from work to spend maximum time at the Bash. I try to see everyone I can at the Bash (and still get a nap in and not get yelled at by Andrea for not watching the kids). The food is AWESOME. My box of wine is on the table outside my Airstream and anyone that wants to fill up can do so...as long as they are willing to sit / stand and BS with me for a while.
Are you in some distant branch of my family? Should I call you cousin?

Quote:
Now, for me, it is the opposite of Jason. My family used to have great family reunions. They were always in a State Park where kids could go off and play in the woods, get dirty, and just be kids without our parents worrying. The food and drink flowed freely. The Aunts(sorry to be sexist, but it was the 1970's) would try to out do the other Aunts. They all had their signature dish, but tried to take it to 11 every time they made it. The Uncles all tried to compete with who could fit more beer and sodas into a cooler than the next. No one fought with each other and everyone was genuinely happy to see each other. The only regret was, that we did not do it more often.
For me, the Bash has become the substitute for the family reunions that do not happen any longer.
I'm always looking for a family to be adopted into....

Quote:
Yeah...my family doesn't have reunions, and I've been to one of Nicki's -- and I'll never go back...I sure as hell hope the bash isn't like any of those!
But you are one of their FAVORITE people.... they will be devastated by this turn of events.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 05-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #293
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflys View Post
Even better Bill didn't tell you he drove 1300 miles one way to get his 1st AS. Plus he has already sold that one and has moved up to a bigger one. Now that's a real Airstreamer.
And I see he went from a 20' to a 23' - just like we just did. Obviously someone with fine taste. (But we only went 65 miles to buy this one - the first one was a 9 hour trip and a border crossing)...

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #294
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Hermitage , Pennsylvania
Yes. And we had to drive 430 miles one way, the other direction, to pick up the new one!
Whirlism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #295
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Two AS family now! WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
And I see he went from a 20' to a 23' - just like we just did. Obviously someone with fine taste. (But we only went 65 miles to buy this one - the first one was a 9 hour trip and a border crossing)...

Tom
Hey Tom

Are you bringing your new AS to The Bash? What are you towing the 23 footer with your Honda? I towed my Scotty last weekend on a 250 miles round trip with the Grand Caravan. It did great and I got 14.5 mpg.

Ace
Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #296
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Glad to hear the Grand Caravan is doing well. That's impressive fuel economy. They're great tow vehicles.

The new-to-us Airstream is coming to the BASH! (If all goes to plan, the Argosy goes to its new owner shortly.) Need to replace the dead batteries so we can actually boondock with the Safari though - just had a 3 day weekend with essentially a very posh aluminum tent.

Original plan was indeed to tow with the Odyssey. But I'm getting a good deal on a 2011 Dodge Durango (nickname: the "Heminator") so we plan to buy that. It's quieter, has more gadgets, and a pile more torque.

Tom
Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
Glad to hear the Grand Caravan is doing well. That's impressive fuel economy. They're great tow vehicles.

The new-to-us Airstream is coming to the BASH! (If all goes to plan, the Argosy goes to its new owner shortly.) Need to replace the dead batteries so we can actually boondock with the Safari though - just had a 3 day weekend with essentially a very posh aluminum tent.

Original plan was indeed to tow with the Odyssey. But I'm getting a good deal on a 2011 Dodge Durango (nickname: the "Heminator") so we plan to buy that. It's quieter, has more gadgets, and a pile more torque.

Tom
Hey Tom

You will love the Durango as a TV. But going from the Honda as a everyday driver. The gas mileage will have you crying
We wanted to go camping over the weekend. But we couldn't get a site within 150 miles from our home. Kind of glad we stayed home. It was to hot to camp without AC.

Ace in PA
(See Ya Soon)

Old 05-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #298
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
We'll be going from 20-21 overall with the Honda to about 17 with the Durango. (Towing fuel economy goes from just under 15 with the van to just under 13 with Heminator.) Juliet works at home a lot so the commuting cost difference won't be too bad.

It's cheaper to just pay the extra gas money than it would be to insure/maintain/register a fuel-efficient commuter pod/second car, and I don't want to maintain a truck as a tow vehicle. Plus I'd save more $$ using tax incentives to go geothermal on the house...

It was a hot one this weekend. Luckily our riverfront site in Vermont was cooler, if still muggy.

Tom
Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #299
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Quote:
It's cheaper to just pay the extra gas money than it would be to insure/maintain/register a fuel-efficient commuter pod/second car, and I don't want to maintain a truck as a tow vehicle. Plus I'd save more $$ using tax incentives to go geothermal on the house...
Tom
Very wise thinking. I do have a TV my 2002 Chevy 3500. I didn't buy it new and I paid cash for it. It has served me well for the last 5 years. I would have never got a new one with a payment book. As you my remember my brother is a car wholesaler. That means I get killer deals on cars (Way below book)

Life is good when have family in the car business

Ace
Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #300
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Just giving this thread a little BUMP...

Fact: Gas is now $1.50 less than was predicted when we opened registration

We still have room for anyone interested in coming. You are welcome to just show up, but we would love to know you are coming so bacon can be planned for you and also the main entree for Saturdays dinner. Saturday night is a bring a side dish event, we supply the main entree. Wednesday, we will be putting out everything except your drinks. Make sure you come early in the day so you can get set up before the party begins.

So far no one has said "I am a vegetarian. I want to be dazzled by my non meat entree." If you are a vegetarian, please let Ace or I know so we can be sure your meal is taken care of. Before I became a bacontarian, I was a vegetarian for about 8 years. I can more than accommodate...

Many have just finished attending a major event in Ohio, and if you are looking for a similar event, the Bash might not be the one. We do not have any contests or seminars planned. The plan is to relax, eat well, enjoy each others company and laugh a lot. This is vacation, not Airstream School. There will be live music, there will be a big breakfast every single day, there will be some potlucks, a Happy Hour everyday, and there will be a huge campfire every night. The rest will be up to you.

We are upping the motto; See more, do more, live more, and laugh more.

Once again, we would love to have you join us, we have room for literally 500 trailers. The group size is ideal right now, but we want anyone thinking about coming to feel free to come. All are welcome!

And a friendly reminder; THIS IS A NON POLITICAL EVENT. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR PERSONAL POLITICS AND CLUB POLITICS AT HOME.