View Poll Results: How interested are you in a July 17-19 rally?
very interested 5 55.56%
might consider but decide later 3 33.33%
I live in the region ... I don't know 1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2008, 05:16 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
How locked in is your mid-July date?? Is there any flexibility? We'll be visiting the MN area later in the year - we were thinking about visiting (staying) at the AS park in MN as mentioned above. It sure looks like a nice place to stay. We'll be out that way probably in very early September but our date is not set yet. We're very flexible at this point as we're planning our (spring) summer (and fall) 'streaming. It seems to far off right now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all............................

Old 12-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Gretna , Nebraska
Sioux City Rally

Sounds like a great idea. I can't say this early whether we would attend, but glad to see the interest.

Another fine area to camp in that area is Nebraska's Ponca State Park. A beautiful place. We (Nebraska Unit) have held several rallies there. But Sioux City is more accessible perhaps.

Dwight
Nebraska PP

Old 12-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Send a message via AIM to siouxcitygro
Love Bozeman, visited there with son for a week, he had some friends there. Just a beautiful area, Sioux City,Iowa is a bit different, we are known as the Tri-state area, which includes Ia, Nebr. and South Dakota. Each of the states has a Sioux City, there is North, South, and just plain Sioux City. Within 15 min. you can be in the three different states.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Hello from Humboldt, Iowa. Yes, we would be very interested in attending a rally at Sioux City or anywhere in the midwest area. Let's do it! How can we help?? We have also stayed at the Airstream Park in Minnesota and Mahoney State Park in Nebraska. They, too, are nice locations. However, to stay at a Nebraska State Park, you must buy a state park stamp.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Update

It has taken a few days to respond, sorry with Christmas and work got a little behind. As far as the date nope not set in stone, I am trying to fall between any other rallies as I don't want to overlap anyone. I think as far as a rally place, how about Scenic Park this time, and when we get togeather discuss future, or the next years get togeather?? Does that sound ok?
I am very excited about the response to this, I only expected to hear from a couple of people. Some of you know Scenic Park, do you think this would work for the first meeting??
I appreciate the offer to help! I am new at this and one thing we need is a name for this, any suggestions, also dates that would work for you. We can see when people are available, and we will have to chose what the best dates for the majority would be.
I will be asking for your help as we move along on this, and am happy to get it!! I don't have outlook so, if you want to, [private message] me for some reason.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Great to hear from you siouxcitygro. Sounds like you have a good start for a rally. How about calling it theTri-State Rally or Quad-State if you want to include MN. As far as dates go, we like your original July dates. Let us know how we can help.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Just an update. I am glad that winter is almost over, I can't wait to get going! I signed up for the rally in Kentucky in April, can't wait!! Anyone want to just get together in May,2 and 3rd?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:23 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
I was checking out things to do here in town, we have what some of you know ,is a festival called the River-cade during July. I am checking to see just what the dates are this year. Since the campground is on the river, this would be a very active time for the camp-out. Depending on what people like, this draws quit a few people to town. This makes it a bit crowded and I am sure the campground would be full. Depending on the activties planned by the City, fireworks, boat races etc. this may not be the calmest time to have the rally. I am getting input for what people think. The rally can be anytime in July,or August . Like I said, depending on how much activity people want.
I think the Tri-State Rally, is a good Idea, that is what we shall be, good idea tintent!
The minute the campground opens I am going to reserve all the reservable camp spaces at Scenic Park, for the dates we decide on. there are 13 reservable sites. I am going to talk to them about other sites, when I know how many will be attending.
I know it is early to plan this, I am the kind of person that likes to have things set-up before hand so I don't need to worry about it, and fewer surprises down the road. That way everyone has a good time! Yahoo lol
I don't know if anyone is good at making us a Logo, if you are please feel free and let me know. I want to get some t-shirts for our rally, if folks want them. ( we can all match one day, (isn't that cute?) LOL
My name is Sue, and I appreciate the offers of help, I will be asking for help in the future, so thank you for offering!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Pilgrim, I think July will be it, not sure of the exact dates yet, have to check on a few things. The reason is, I was looking at rallies going on, and I don't want to overlap any, and hope this doesn't. Another reason is pure selfishness. I was looking for rallies, and because, I still work (unfortunatley) I was having a hard time finding a rally close enough to go to with my time-line. By the time I travel 4 to five states over (travel time + rally) I would have used my whole years vacation. By starting one in this area, the Tri-State Rally, I would only have to go two states, leaving enough vacation to take in a few other rallies. I am a widow, 60 years old, I know my kids would feel better if I was in range of them, that way they can come rescue mom if I need it lol. If your in the area, sure hope you can fit us in !!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
Dwight, Ponca is a really great place! I want to go there in april or May, for a weekend. Does your group have a rally planned this year? If anyone in your group is interested in coming to the Tri-State rally, they are welcome!!! I am not sure what we are going to do for activities yet, maybe an old fashioned corn feed, (if we can get some good corn) for one thing LOL I was thinking a movie night, maybe RV with Robin Williams would be appropriate, with lots of popcorn.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
We are still on board with you. However, we will not be available until the second weekend of July. And, in August we will not be available until the 13th. We know Dwight and have attended rallies with him. Yes, Ponca Park is another nice location.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
sioux city , Iowa
OK information,
Tri-State Rally
July 24th-26th 2009
Scenic Park, South Sioux City, Nebraska
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Ok. It's a go for us; we will be there. I have an idea for a logo, but I don't know how to send it to you. I need an email address or a postal address. Not sure how that can be done through airstreamforums. Any ideas? Also, we would be willing to drive to Sioux City and meet you to discuss the rally. We are both retired, but I do have a committment on Sundays (through mid-March). Since you work, we would probably have to arrange to meet somewhere on a Saturday. We could meet at the mall--my husband loves to eat at Chic Filet whenever we are in Sioux City.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Gretna , Nebraska
Nebraska rallies

SIOUXCITYGRO:

Our rallies are set for April 23-26 (Beatrice NE), June 18-20 (Oakland), Sept 17-20 (Raymond), and Oct 8-11 (Grand Island).

So your plans for July should fit many of us. I will spread the word as the details develop.