Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #201
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monah View Post
Hey everyone - we had the most amazing time!!! From the moment we rolled into JC we felt like we were at home, with our people. Hope everyone made it home safely and look forward to seeing you again soon

Four Women, Two Airstreams, One Amazing Roadtrip
Hi monah,
Glad we got a chance to meet you and Cari. Hope to see you next year. We were camped next to Jojo. Ain't she a trip?
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #202

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Love that JoJo....hung out with her three lapdogs Still exhausted from the long days of driving but I'm sure when it gets time to register for next year I'll have forgotten that my bootie went numb
M
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #203
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
We are already signed up for Alumafandango to be held near Denver in August, how about you??
Hi, I'm interested in this "Alumafandango", but can't find any information about it.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #204
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I'm interested in this "Alumafandango", but can't find any information about it.

Alumafandango » Frequently Asked Questions
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #205
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
We all had a terrific time. Alumapalooza is on our must attend list from now on.

Minnie Cooper...Thanks again for bringing Carol and Cam over from Indy. It was great to meet you and your family.

To everyone else we met...it was truly a pleasure!

Cheers,

Craig
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #206
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Hey Robert....check out: Alumafandango This is Rich Luhr's inaugural 'west' version of 'Palooza. See you there!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #207
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
Hobo photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo View Post
Hobo - thanks for the photos! The shot of 'Gloria' with the wicker flower basket under the front window is fantastic.

Wish we were there, enjoy the visit everyone!
Obie--I LOVE your photos!!!!!!!
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #208
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
1953 17' Clipper
Mendon , Vermont
My first Alumapalooza too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t7389sg View Post
I just met the nicest people I have ever met at Alumapalooza. Can't wait to do it again next year. This was my favorite camp site there.

Thank you for saying my set-up was your favorite!! I had a wonderful time at Alumpalooza too, and will definately go again. I met so many new people; I can't keep them all straight. It was awesome to meet so many women who also tow by themselves!

I was hoping to finally win an award for poor "Gloria", but it hasn't happened yet. I told myself that this was the last time that I was going "all-out" to try to win a prize, but I guess I will have to keep trying.......

I never heard who won the "coveted Wally Award". Anyone know???
pinktrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #209
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Sorry, due to the rain-out of the Open House we weren't able to do the judging and so the trophy was not awarded. We'll have a rain date on the schedule for next year so this won't happen again.

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #210
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Laurel , Maryland
Gloria did not need an official award to be the best campsite at the rally. It was a clear winner. I believe it was the rarest trailer on site and the owners vision for the restoration was the truest to Wally's ideals. It was a time machine. I count myself lucky to have visited Gloria during the rain delayed open house. Steve
t7389sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #211
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
I absolutely agree with your comments, Steve. Gail not only has a fabulous '53 Clipper, she's a heck of a trailer backer upper!

Although, your '91 sure is a sweet coach with room for multiple musicians!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #212
3 Rivet Member

1991 35' Airstream 350
Laurel , Maryland
Thank You.
t7389sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #213
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Hi everyone! Rick and I had a fabulous time at Alumapalooza--I finally got around to blogging about it! Here's a few happy memories from us!

Alumapaloozazing! | Tales of the Toaster
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #214
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyinva View Post
Hi everyone! Rick and I had a fabulous time at Alumapalooza--I finally got around to blogging about it! Here's a few happy memories from us!

Alumapaloozazing! | Tales of the Toaster
Hi, great blog letting some of us who weren't able to go, know what happens there. I wonder though, if someone with a quiet generator could have let the people with the medical needs tap into their generator or use their generator at night. I think I would, if my generator has enough power.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-19-2012, 04:03 AM   #215
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Hard to say... they were nice guys and really friendly, but they really didn't interact with folks much, so there wasn't really an opportunity to offer (as well, we only had a single gallon of gas, since we only planned to use ours for charging and quick cabin warm-ups). It also didn't bother us as much as our other neighbors (I used to have an efficiency apartment with a much louder fridge). In the end, they left a day early (without advanced notice)--I suspect there were bigger issues--I just hope it came out ok for them.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #216
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
This was going to be our first Alumapalooza. Every since we bought our Air Stream 345 we wanted to go to Jackson Center to see how our Air Stream was built. Most of the rallies we had attended we was the only Air Stream 345 or motor home there. Ours got a lot of attention. So after washing, cleaning, and doing our routine checking over the Moho we headed out on Memorial day. Like we said this was our first and we was a little excited cause we thought we would get to see a lot of Motor homes. We hooked up our Jeep Wrangler and headed out after stopping for gas. About 1 mile past Corbin, Kentucky we had smoke rolling out from under the coach. When I pulled off the road I checked the dog house. As I lifted it flames shot out all around it. I slammed it back shut and told Regina to get out now. I had to go back to get her purse and our cell phones so we could call 911. What a sick feeling to watch you motor home go up in flames. We started taking a lot of photos to be able to show the insurance company. We lost our pride position that day. This Air Stream 345 did not deserve to go out like that. Not to mention all of the things we had inside of it. My wallet, computer with all our photos of the motor home, clothing, camera and who can remember what else.The next day we went up to see what we might be able to salvage. On the way we called Alumapalooza to let them know that we would not be at the rally cuase our motor home had burnt up. Then I asked if we could get our $325.00 back for our rally fee. The guy [I didn't catch his name] said the we could not get it returned cause we did not cancel before May 1st. I told him that I was on our way and that our motor home burnt to the ground. All he could say was He could not return it. I then called Jackson Center. I explaned to the lady I was talking to what had happened on the way and what this guy said. She referred me to another person. She gave me a number to call and it was the voice mail of the first guy I talked to. Then I left him a message again about the situation we was in. He returned our call and said that he was busy and would get with us after the Rally. The guy we talked to is about as sensitive as a rock. Every place else we had reservations for gladly returned our money after we told then what had happened. So we are not to happy with the way Alumapalooza treated us. We would never attend an Alumapalooza again.

Jim & Regina
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #217
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
This was going to be our first Alumapalooza. Every since we bought our Air Stream 345 we wanted to go to Jackson Center to see how our Air Stream was built. Most of the rallies we had attended we was the only Air Stream 345 or motor home there. Ours got a lot of attention. So after washing, cleaning, and doing our routine checking over the Moho we headed out on Memorial day. Like we said this was our first and we was a little excited cause we thought we would get to see a lot of Motor homes. We hooked up our Jeep Wrangler and headed out after stopping for gas. About 1 mile past Corbin, Kentucky we had smoke rolling out from under the coach. When I pulled off the road I checked the dog house. As I lifted it flames shot out all around it. I slammed it back shut and told Regina to get out now. I had to go back to get her purse and our cell phones so we could call 911. What a sick feeling to watch you motor home go up in flames. We started taking a lot of photos to be able to show the insurance company. We lost our pride position that day. This Air Stream 345 did not deserve to go out like that. Not to mention all of the things we had inside of it. My wallet, computer with all our photos of the motor home, clothing, camera and who can remember what else.The next day we went up to see what we might be able to salvage. On the way we called Alumapalooza to let them know that we would not be at the rally cuase our motor home had burnt up. Then I asked if we could get our $325.00 back for our rally fee. The guy [I didn't catch his name] said the we could not get it returned cause we did not cancel before May 1st. I told him that I was on our way and that our motor home burnt to the ground. All he could say was He could not return it. I then called Jackson Center. I explaned to the lady I was talking to what had happened on the way and what this guy said. She referred me to another person. She gave me a number to call and it was the voice mail of the first guy I talked to. Then I left him a message again about the situation we was in. He returned our call and said that he was busy and would get with us after the Rally. The guy we talked to is about as sensitive as a rock. Every place else we had reservations for gladly returned our money after we told then what had happened. So we are not to happy with the way Alumapalooza treated us. We would never attend an Alumapalooza again.

Jim & Regina
Hi, certainly Alumapalooza could make an exception in this case; It's not like they just changed their minds and had somewhere else to go. I'm sure Jim and Regina could send you some pictures if you need proof.

WWWD
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #218
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
James,

You know, last year we'd hoped to go to Alumapalooza, but I found out I was going to lose my job a week before the event, so we had to cancel out so I could start job hunting.

While I sympathize with your circumstances, it never crossed our minds to request our registration fee back when we were forced to cancel on short notice, even though our finances were exceptionally precarious at that time. We knew that other folks had been turned away from the rally for our slot--and that contracts were signed and vendors paid based partially on the event fees we paid--and that in the end, the rally was a volunteer-run event. It wasn't the fault of the organizers that I had to stay home on short notice. They weren't responsible for my inability to attend--so why should I ask them to personally assume the cost of my registration fees?

I think we all feel sad that you had such a miserable trip and didn't make it to the rally. That was an awful shame on many levels.

However, when you signed up for the rally, you did sign that you would honor the cancellation date. Your going to have to decide for yourself how to react to being held responsible for that.

It also appears that you called Airstream, which did not organize the rally--so I don't think anyone could help you. They were probably on a mad scramble to make you happier as best they could...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Jim and Regina we are so very sorry you have lost your lovely Airstream. We are very happy you were not hurt. The Airstream can be replaced, you can't. Bless You Both, Kate
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #220
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
On the way we called Alumapalooza to let them know that we would not be at the rally cuase our motor home had burnt up. Then I asked if we could get our $325.00 back for our rally fee. The guy [I didn't catch his name] said the we could not get it returned cause we did not cancel before May 1st. I told him that I was on our way and that our motor home burnt to the ground. All he could say was He could not return it.
At least you were not hurt, you can always find another motor home.
When you registered for Alumapalooza, you were given the option to purchase cancellation insurance. If you purchased the insurance, all you have to do is follow the instructions for canceling. If you did not purchase the insurance, the responsibility and cost for not attending, for whatever the reason, is yours exclusively.

And if you check back in this thread, you will see I had an accident with our tow vehicle a couple of weeks before departure. I also did not purchase the insurance, but at no time did I blame Alumapalooza for my lack of foresight. I was able to piece our truck back together just in time to attend, but it could very easily have not happened.