Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I'd be interested in caravanning if it works out - I favor a southern route, so perhaps that would not be attractive to most of you.

We will likely leave eastern va on tues and plan to arrive in jc on thurs.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Pat,
We already have a couple of folks traveling from the northern VA area, myself included and a your the third to suggest the southern route. So I'm sure we will be able to work it out.

Who knows, we may have two groups forming up. One on a northern route and one on a southern route.

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic
Windsor , Ontario
Is there anyone passing through Windsor Ontario ??

Just curious.

P.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Aluminum Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Passing Through Windsor

Paul,

It is most likely that we will be passing through Windsor as we are coming from Burlington. No definite plans as yet though
Old 03-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
Alumapaloozans, consider following @Wally_Byam on Twitter, and posting comments as you journey to The Mothership! It's a fun way to keep in touch on the road: https://twitter.com/Wally_Byam
Old 03-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #34
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
I'm so jealous!! I wish I could attend this but I recently returned back to corporate America and am stuck with the 2 week/year vacation
Old 03-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #35
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
The Alumapalooza Kids Program has been published for those that were wondering what was on the agenda. You can find it on the Alumapalooza site or click here:
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #36
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
That happened FAST! We are SOLD OUT. We have a waiting list for those of you that want to get a spot vacated by someone, it will be a first come first served sort of thing. If your mailed application was postmarked yesterday, don't worry. If you mail one now, we will hold it until we know if we can promise you a spot. We would love to take all comers, but the logistics of the event require us to limit the size. You get on the list by doing the same thing you would to register. We will not collect any money from those on the waiting list.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 04-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #37
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
On the Road to Alumapalooza

Well april 1st was the official kick off to the road to Alumapalooza tour and the end of the short tour of louisiana.

skipped out of louisiana with a stop in vidalia (after a stop in saint francisville and a ride across the mighty mississipi on the ferry to the new road side) and a chance meet up with a wbcci caravan that was touring the civil war battlefields...then entered mississippi staying at the natchez state park and then headed for the leroy percy state park near hollandale....leaving there we headed to moro bay arkansas, a state park on the ouachita river.....

from there we traveled to degray lake state park near hot springs.....our next stop is dardanelle lake state park......

from there we head to charleston, arkansas and a visit to my aunt and celebrate her 97th birthtday....... and from there....the plans are in flex....we have a scheduled maintenance appointment at jackson center may 16th.....and where we go before that is a throw at the dartboard
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #38
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Ok, the schedule is UP! And there are a few more spots . We had a few cancellations due to unforeseen medical issues, so if you want to come, give us a call.... Schedule of events
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #39
Have trailer..will travel

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
WOW! We cant wait to get there. The plan is to begin prepping THE A/S for the trip next week. Then depart Central Florida sometime during the third week in May. We will spend some time in Alabama then in the Smoky Mountain National Park before arriving in JC. If our schedule works out we may meet up with one of the Caravans. SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL . . . WE WILL SEE YOU THERE!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Rick and I are planning to go, looking forward to it. This will be our first event in years...got new axles, but the trailer is still semi- gutted, so it will be our aluminum tent! If anyone else is going from The DC-Baltimore area, PM me!

Mary
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #41
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Mary, where have you been? You haven't posted in ages (at least I haven't seen you). Glad to hear from you and perhaps we'll meet you guys in JC.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Informal Caravan to Alumapalooza

A group of us finally got together at the Belle Isle Rally this past weekend and decided on a meet up point for those traveling from the mid-atlantic region. Due to the variance in starting locations we decided to move the meet up point further west inside the Ohio borders. It will be a short caravan time wise but, it should still be fun to travel the last part of the trip together as a group. Remember this is not a WBCCI or WDCU sponsored event. This is just a group of fellow airstreamers (4 rigs confirmed so far) joining together for fun.
We chose Barkcamp State Park in Ohio as the location where we will join up.

Ohio State Parks - Barkcamp State Park

I've already checked the site availability and I have made my reservation. I chose site #6 and the other sites in that loop are #7 through #14. So when you make your reservation pick one of these sites so we will all be together. There are plenty of sites available throughout the park as well.

Plan on arriving at Barkcamp sometime on Monday, May 30th or early Tuesday morning May 31st and we will depart from Barkcamp State Park on Tuesday morning traveling together to Jackson Center.

Barkcamp is located at exit 208 on I70 in Ohio. It is located outside of Belmont, Ohio. This allows us close access to the interstate and will leave us with a final drive time to Jackson Center on Tuesday morning of approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours depending on traffic conditions. I would suggest everyone use Google maps to locate the park and become familiar with the route from I70 to the park.

It has been suggested that we leave the interstate east of Columbus and travel on single lane highways the final part of the trip to avoid using I270 north around Columbus. We can discuss the final trip route on Monday night or early Tuesday morning.

If your planning or heading to Alumapalooza and your going our way we hope you will take the time to join us in this little adventure.

If anyone has any questions send me a PM.

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jackson center days, rally, jackson center