Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Problems with changing registration

Hey,

I am coming to you guys to find out if any one else has had this problem and what the fix is. I have been trying for several weeks to add a participant to my registration. I registered me just fine, then my husband decided he wanted to attend as well. Now, I can't get him registered. I consistently get an error message. I reported it as the error message instructed and got a pleasant email back. I still had problems a week later. I reported it again, got no response. I then tried to "bull" my way through and found that I had added several additional participants in my attempts to register and now have no way to remove them.

I am pretty computer savvy with internet registrations and, although, I may have made mistakes, I think this registration change process is unusually difficult. I would like to get my registration correct.

I am putting this on the forums for help because I have not had a response from the website and wonder if I am alone with this problem. If I am, then, whoops, it is me!

All the Best,
Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #82
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Hi Caryl

Sorry to hear about this. This particular problem regarding adding attendees to a group has plagued us lately and we are waiting for the company that runs the registration system to fix it. Your queries went to them, not us, or we would have contacted you and helped you by now.

Please contact us at alumapalooza2010 at airstreamlife dot com with the names of the people you want to add, etc., or call 802-877-2900 extension 4 -- and we'll get you set up.

-- Rich

rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #83
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Thanks, Rick, I will take care of it today. Looking forward to the event.
Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Smile

We are planning to go, but without our Airstream. I am looking for suggestions of where to stay. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #85
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Yes, we recommend the Hampton Inn in Sidney. You can get a special Alumapalooza rate (discounted to $75 per night). Mention code "AIR". A number of attendees will be staying at the Hampton, so car pooling to/from the event will be possible.

Be sure to register as a "walk-in" on the Alumapalooza website beforehand, so we can get an accurate count for dinner, swag bags, etc. (Registration at the gate is possible but will cost an additional $10 per person.)

Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #86
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Thanks. I'll make my reservations there.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #87

Sidney , Ohio
Red face Come and stay at our Hampton Inn

We would love to have you as our guest at Hampton Inn, Sidney, Ohio! We are offering a special Airstream rate of $75.00 plus tax per night. This is lower that AAA or AARP. We offer our "On the House hot breakfast bar" served daily from 6-10 am; free wireless; all rooms have microwaves and refrigerators; heated indoor pool and a exercise room. There is also a guest lundry on the 3rd floor. We are hoping that attendees of Alumapalooza will gather here and share stories as well as "carpool" to the event. It should be a great time for all!
Bonnied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Anyone gathering and staying at Poor Farmers Campground or nearby campgrounds and attending the Jackson Center festivities and then the Open House of Alumapalooza? I am considering going on a "shoestring" budget... I would love to see the Long Long Honeymoon speakers, Sean and Kristy and hopefully buy their new release of their video shorts on DVD then!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #89
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
I can't answer your question about who's staying in that particular campground, but I can tell you that we currently have 23 people signed up as "walk-in" attendees, so there might be a few who are camping off-site. I think most of them are staying at the Hampton Inn.

I believe Sean told me that they will have DVDs for sale at Alumapalooza. They should be interesting!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Good news! Thanks.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #91
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Exclamation Photography review at Alumapalooza

Here's a note from Bert Gildart to all attendees of Alumpalooza:

Folks who will be attending my seminar (Bert Gildart’s Photo Seminar at Alumapalooza this June in Ohio) can help greatly by submitting one or two of your best images.

This is not for the weak of heart, as I’ll be criticizing and otherwise evaluating your images as they might work for publication and other forms of public viewing. Could be I’ll using the same terminology on your slides that editors have used on my work. “Bert,” said Joan Tapper at National Geographic Traveler, “this works, but this stinks.” Now I’ll be in the editor seat and I will be blunt – all in the interest, however, of good fun and in advancement of your skills -- and mine!

Prior to the seminar I will be evaluating all submitted images for composition and other esoteric considerations such as the “WOW” factor. Though I can’t promise to use all those submitted, (after all I need time to show examples of my work) I will use what I can fit into the allotted time. Most likely that will be 10 to 20 images.

What we need are good images that you’ve sized for proper viewing on our digital projector. Send one or two images to me at 1676 Riverside Road, Bigfork, Montana 59911 on disk (not as an email attachment!) and size them to 100 dpi with the long dimension at 1200 pixels. If you have any questions, you may certainly contact me, and that’s best done through email (bertgil@cyberport.net.)

If I get enough submissions, this should provide for a healthy exchange of ideas.

------------------

(submitted on behalf of Bert)

Old 05-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #92
3 Rivet Member

Rich when does the parking at the factory start? If people come early is there a place to "gather"?
I understand the Factory campground is for Service Customers and not Rally attendees.
lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #93
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Good question!

Everyone should plan to arrive at the factory on the day they chose when they registered (i.e., if you registered for 5 days you can arrive Tuesday, if you registered for 4 days you should arrive Wednesday, and if you registered for 3 days you should arrive Thursday).

If you arrive at Alumapalooza earlier than you paid for, it's not a problem but we'll charge you the difference ($30 per day) on the spot.

If you wish to arrive before Tuesday, check with WBCCI. Cindy Reed has told us that they will attempt to accommodate early arrivals at WBCCI headquarters at 803 E Pike St. Those will be "overnight parking" spots, with no hookups. Space at WBCCI is limited, so if you plan to take advantage of this offer, please contact WBCCI by phone or email to let them know. Phone # at WBCCI is 937-596-5211.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Need Shirts

OK, I registered on the website, but I couldn't see where to order shirts. I thought that was on the registration. Did I do something wrong? Oh no, is it too late to get shirts???

Thanks
Kaye
Old 05-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #95
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Not too late to order shirts yet, but it will be soon! We have to place the order by May 10. If you are attending Alumapalooza and you are already registered, just shoot us a note and we'll add whatever you want to your registration. Be sure to tell the sizes of the shirts you want (M, L, XL, XXL).

If you aren't attending, you can order Alumapalooza shirts on our store website and they will be shipped to you in June.

If you've missed the deadline, check with us at Alumapalooza. We should have a few extras on hand, but I can't guarantee every size.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #96
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Talking

Thanks everyone for your help. I am all set for the rally.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #97
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Last chance!

Alumapalooza registration closes May 25! It looks like we're going to have a great week. We've got 112 trailers signed up so far, about 260 people, and 22 presentations scheduled to keep you busy.

When you arrive, just self-park in the appropriate section (blue=electric, orange=generator). You can pick up your registration materials/goody bag either as you pull in or at Happy Hour (4 pm daily under the big tent).

You can arrive without a registration but it will cost $10 extra "at the door."

The full event program will be posted online in a week or two.

See you there!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #98
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Okay!!! It's time!!!!!
Who is on their way to JC now?
We've seen only 3 AS - and 2 of those were new on a transpiration trailer.
Looking forward to the sea of aluminum...
Old 05-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #99
I tow where I'm told.

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
MsRivet and I were at JC this week for a service appointment and spoke with 4 or 5 others who were in for service that will be here next week for the BIG EVENT. We will be arriving on Tuesday morning.

Safe Travels!!!
Tim
MrRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #100
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
We are leaving in the morning for JC

We plan to meander and be there sometime on Tuesday
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote