Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #183
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I am not a computer genius so someone help me figure out how to cut and paste that list. When I try to highlight it nothing happens.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #184
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
When I try to highlight it nothing happensI am not a computer genius so someone help me figure out how to cut and paste that list. .
Just use the B I U and your right click cut, then paste. I have used the tools to scramble your message.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #185
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
NEW PRIZE ALERT

Best selling author Bruce Littlefield is sending some copies of his book "Airstream Living".

Bruce has several best selling books on his page at Amazon.com so please support him as he is supporting us.

Steve
Old 08-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Steve, we will have to up to Cape Girardeau the night before. Do we just call the RV park ourselves and book the extra night?

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Steve, we will have to up to Cape Girardeau the night before. Do we just call the RV park ourselves and book the extra night?
Hey Sandy,

If you want to boon dock for free at the Athletic complex with us you are welcome to. The nights should be cool that time of year, and I know a few folks that are bringing generators would likely let you run a 110V fan off their main line if you wanted. The athletic complex also has bathrooms and water fountains so you don't have to use your tanks.

You are free to book an additional night at the RV park if you wish, and more may do so depending on the weather.

Steve
Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Boondocking is fine for us, we're definitely up for it. Guess I need to read the rest of this thread to find out just what's up!

Old 08-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #189
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Speedy Delivery

True to his word, Bruce Littlefield signed two copies of his Airstream Living books, and had them shipped off to us. We received them today. I have never looked at this book before now, but we have decided to buy the book since it has some beautiful pictures, and is a good read.

On a different topic, is anyone interested in heading to the Covered Bridge that is discussed earlier in this thread on Thursday evening or Friday morning before the caravan leaves? It would be a PRIME photo op.

Steve
Old 08-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
True to his word, Bruce Littlefield signed two copies of his Airstream Living books, and had them shipped off to us. We received them today. I have never looked at this book before now, but we have decided to buy the book since it has some beautiful pictures, and is a good read.

On a different topic, is anyone interested in heading to the Covered Bridge that is discussed earlier in this thread on Thursday evening or Friday morning before the caravan leaves? It would be a PRIME photo op.

Steve
Airstream Living is a great book. I recieved one as a prize at my very first rally. How lucky to have two signed copies for this rally.

I would love to check out the covered bridge. Not sure when I'll get there Thursday, but it will probably be before sunset.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #191
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We would love to see the covered bridge too, but not sure when we will get there either. It is a 6 hr drive from here and we plan to take our leisurely time.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #192
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The covered bridge and mill (A state historic site) is 16.1 miles from town center of Cape Girardeau.

Steve
Old 08-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #193
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
1950's (or not) " Pot Luck List
oldiermedic: California Onion Dip and Chips, something else
maccamper: 1950's 24 hour refrigerated fruit salad, baked ham
Isadora: Guacamole
Overlander64: 1953 Campbell's Soup Recipe Tomato Aspic and Aunt Bertie's 1950's Date Nut Cake
Sugarfoot: 1955 Baked Mac & Cheese
Al-K4GLU: Something the grocery store has left over from 1950

Orders: Tee-shirts and Mugs

Navy Colored Cape to Cairo, Africa Shirt
Soldiermedic 1 x LG
Pee Wee 1 x XL
Sugarfoot 1 x XL
Tinloaf 1 x XXL
76sovereign 1x XXL
maccamper 1 x XL
cosmotini 1 x XL
Al-K4GLU 1 x LG and 1 x XL

White Cape to Cairo Caravan shirt
Soldiermedic 1 x LG
Sugarfoot 1 x XL, 1 x XXL
Tinloaf 1 x XXL
maccamper 1 x XL
cosmotini 1 x XL
Pee Wee 1 x XL
gregth 1xL

Cape to Cairo Africa Mug
Soldiermedic 1
Tinloaf 1
cosmotini 1

Cape to Cairo Caravan Mug
Soldiermedic 1
Tinloaf 1
cosmotini 1
gregth 1
Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #194
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey All,

As we get closer there are a few items we need to discuss. First and foremost is who is planning on attending the 34 mile caravan to Cairo, IL and back. I will be in the lead vehicle with Pee Wee as my navigator, but the rest of the order is open. I had originally planned on placing us in the order in which we would be parked at the RV park. That way as we pulled into the park, we would only have to turn in after one another. After thinking about it, I am going to hold off on this. One of the most important members of the caravan is the caboose. They let the wagon boss in front know if anyone is having an issue, and is there to help if a "fall out" happens. This is a pretty important job, and I don't want to just place someone in this position that isn't wanting to do it. Even though the chances of something happening are slight, there is always the possibility. Anyone interested in being the caboose for the short journey can post here, or let me know via PM.

The second item of business that will likely be a floating number until the week of the event is the number of folks wishing to boondock on the 10th at Shawnee Park. This will be our departure point for the caravan, and it has been offered to us free of charge for the evening of the 10th. There are water fountains and public restrooms available for us. We will be the only people in the area, so don't worry about people bothering us or games going on that night at the park. The chamber of commerce and parks department have requested we give them a number five days before the event. I have added this sign up to the lists below along with an official prize listing.

Still waiting on registrations from many of the people on the sign up page. If it gets close to the deadline I will accept payment via paypal so it is instant, and you don't need to worry about the mail. I contact participants the day I receive their registration so they don't wonder if it has arrived.

Cut and Paste THE LIST as you add to it . . .

1950's (or not) " Pot Luck List
oldiermedic: California Onion Dip and Chips, something else
maccamper: 1950's 24 hour refrigerated fruit salad, baked ham
Isadora: Guacamole
Overlander64: 1953 Campbell's Soup Recipe Tomato Aspic and Aunt Bertie's 1950's Date Nut Cake
Sugarfoot: 1955 Baked Mac & Cheese
Al-K4GLU: Something the grocery store has left over from 1950

Orders: Tee-shirts and Mugs

Navy Colored Cape to Cairo, Africa Shirt-$15.00
Soldiermedic 1 x LG
Pee Wee 1 x XL
Sugarfoot 1 x XL
Tinloaf 1 x XXL
76sovereign 1x XXL
maccamper 1 x XL
cosmotini 1 x XL
Al-K4GLU 1 x LG and 1 x XL

White Cape to Cairo Caravan shirt-$15.00
Soldiermedic 1 x LG
Sugarfoot 1 x XL, 1 x XXL
Tinloaf 1 x XXL
maccamper 1 x XL
cosmotini 1 x XL
Pee Wee 1 x XL
gregth 1xL

Cape to Cairo Africa Mug-$10.00
Soldiermedic 1
Tinloaf 1
cosmotini 1

Cape to Cairo Caravan Mug-$10.00
Soldiermedic 1
Tinloaf 1
cosmotini 1
gregth 1
oldtrucksrul 1

Friday September 10th Boondocking at Shawnee Park (Free)
Soldiermedic
Sugarfoot

Official Prize List:

Two signed copies of Airstream Living by Bruce Littlefield
Specially designed Cape to Cairo "discovery" T-shirt donated by Maccamper
Three "Old Stuff Ruls" T-shirts donated by Oldtrucksrul
Old 08-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #195
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
50th Anniversary Cape (Town)To Cairo Caravan and Rally

Greetings Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hey All,

As we get closer there are a few items we need to discuss. First and foremost is who is planning on attending the 34 mile caravan to Cairo, IL and back. I will be in the lead vehicle with Pee Wee as my navigator, but the rest of the order is open. I had originally planned on placing us in the order in which we would be parked at the RV park. That way as we pulled into the park, we would only have to turn in after one another. After thinking about it, I am going to hold off on this. One of the most important members of the caravan is the caboose. They let the wagon boss in front know if anyone is having an issue, and is there to help if a "fall out" happens. This is a pretty important job, and I don't want to just place someone in this position that isn't wanting to do it. Even though the chances of something happening are slight, there is always the possibility.
Anyone interested in being the caboose for the short journey can post here, or let me know via PM.
Being from the area, I would be happy to act as Caboose -- I have been on a number of caravans so I am familiar with the responsibilities. My tow car is equipped with a 40-channel CB -- and I am in the process of buying a family band radio to carry as well. The only thing that I might ask would be someone who might like to volunteer to be radio person/co-pilot as trying to tow the Airstream and talk on the radio is not an easy task on the narrow highways between Cape Girardeau and Cairo -- and the shoulders are likely to be soft if the rain keeps up like it has over the past six weeks.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #196
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Kevin,

I wasn't sure you were joining us on the caravan since I thought school would be in session on that day (Friday the 11th). We are planning to roll out sometime around 1100-1200. Very gracious of you to offer to caboose. Let's see if someone can ride along with you. Maybe one of the local chamber folks or media people who have been contacting me about this will have interest in helping.

Steve

Tags
cairo, capetown, caravan, midwest, rally