Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Regarding the chili tasting on Saturday at lunchtime... Is that open to all to eat even if one didn't contribute? Just wondering since we're not competing if we need to plan alternate lunch or if we can go in to the chili tent and get some lunch.
You can come to the park pavilion by the nature center (where all the chili has to be turned in) and it is Free for everyone to taste, even if you aren't competing. While we have everyone there, we would like to do a group picture. Hopefully Larry, Terry, Ella & I and try for a photo again this year of the entire group.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #142
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Pillowcase Tutorial Is AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbiscuit View Post

So many people have joined the rally since the pillowcase sewing craft was first planned that I thought I would mention it again. For those that want to just watch or join in and sew we are going to bring everything needed to make some easy pillowcases with hidden seams. Here are pictures of two “glamping pillowcases” that will be available on the raffle table. There will be similar pillowcase kits to purchase ($10) if you want to make your own. There are also fabric kits available for $4 with other outdoorsy themes.
Here is a nice video tutorial that will give you a good preview and help you decide if you want to tackle this quick craft!
At the rally you will have the option of just watching the demonstration and picking up a copy of the printed directions to take home for completion. Or, you can come prepared with your own fabric purchase and plan to construct your pillowcase at our gathering. (If you are going to purchase your own fabric and bring it with you, be sure to watch the above video for specifics of what to buy.) Finally, I will have a few fabric kits that can be purchased on site, if you want to try your hand at making a pillowcase.
e-mail me if you have any questions: ellabrown@roadrunner.com

I was a last minute sign up and really appreciate getting the itinerary sent out (again for some) and love the pillowcase idea. The video was excellent and I'm heading to the fabric store tonight! I also belong to a ladies bingo club and am hosting the December bingo where we have to bring 5 of our "favorite things" for a grab bag. I'm making these pillow cases for my "favorite things" this year! Thank you Airbiscuit!

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen60 View Post
I was a last minute sign up and really appreciate getting the itinerary sent out (again for some) and love the pillowcase idea. The video was excellent and I'm heading to the fabric store tonight! I also belong to a ladies bingo club and am hosting the December bingo where we have to bring 5 of our "favorite things" for a grab bag. I'm making these pillow cases for my "favorite things" this year! Thank you Airbiscuit!
I think you could probably make a super-sized pillowcase. Hmmm. Maybe one big enough for an airstream?

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
You mean like a playpen sized one or one to PUT your airstream in? Maybe add it to the list of things to do to winterize it!
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #145
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Who would be crazy enough to make one big enough to put an Airstream in????

www.campnova.com

Old 10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #146
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Don't know but then again who'd be crazy enough to turn their AS into a ghost ?
hehehe!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #147
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Don't forget we have trophies for best decorated site & best carved pumpkin! Judging will take place Saturday between 5-6
Old 10-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #148
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
One week from tonight we will be sleeping under the stars with 32 other units and celebrating our anniversary! *dances*
Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #149
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Getting ready!!

I have been packing crafty stuff all day! I am praying for great weather. While we were outside today, we noticed that the fall tree colors are getting to be awesome. Hopefully, the rain won't have knocked them all down before our great weekend.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #150
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
I've been keeping a check on the extended weather forecast; Saturday looks super (today they're saying no rain Sat.), but Friday night they're calling for a low of 32 deg. I was wondering if anyone is thinking of winterizing before going to the rally, or do you think one night of freezing or close to freezing temps. won't matter?

If we do need to winterize prior, I'm trying to plan on how to handle dishes, etc. when dry camping in the cold. I understand that the campground will have heated showers, for personal care, but just wondering how to handle cooking/cleaning up. I don't remember, do they have grey water dumps throughout the campground, if we need to do dishes in dish pans and then dump them?

Thanks.

Deb.
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #151
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'll tempt fate and gamble that the freeze that could occur won't be hard enough to be of concern. IF it hits 32, it will probably only be for a couple of hours. We won't have any exposed hoses, and supposedly our tanks are "heated"!

Of course, with my luck, an Al Gore arctic freeze will come done from Newfoundland and ice the whole park over !

www.campnova.com

Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #152
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
After the experiences of many of us at the Wooster rally earlier this year, I imagine that there will be many (including myself) who will be being vigilant about the temperature overnight and disconnecting hoses. For most of us, it helps to run the furnace in addition to the electric heater since the furnace usually blows air past the tanks.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #153
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
If it gets cold it would make sense to run only the propane furnace and not additional electric. Best chance at preventing a frozen pipe. And definitely disconnect the water hose. They freeze first. Like Jason said(I was there and my hose froze).
Al

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
This is a little scary..........let's hope the temp. goes up instead of down.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Just add alcohol to the water!

TAC ON-3
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
I know water freezes at 32 degrees.
But, you really don't have to worry untill about 28 degrees. There is enough residual heat in the trailers to cover you.
I'll still have apples on my trees. Winesaps and Granny Smiths and I'm not worried.
regards, Dave & Tammy
BigVenture
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
For rent for the anniversary rally:
2 big black dogs who love to cuddle and keep humans warm

Sincerely, owners who would love to sleep in their bed without being shoved out and have use of the covers the entire night.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #158
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
No worries

Larry and I think that the furnace will be enough to hold off the cold, and the residual heat should be good. There is no water/hose connection to worry over...no water hook ups. We don't get too worried unless it is 32 deg. for a longer period of time.
I am bringing my electric blankets! And my warm clothes and winter coat, just in case!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #159
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
[QUOTE=Airbiscuit;1369084]For rent for the anniversary rally:
2 big black dogs who love to cuddle and keep humans warm

New meaning to 'three dog night"
Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #160
Rivet Master

Lorain County , Ohio
We have 3 cats for rent too! lol