Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Slidell , Louisiana
It was a great rally! We were in site #48.
With this being our first vintage rally we are hoping to attend many more although a 10 hour ride home with an active 2 year old can be interesting.
Thanks to all for putting together such a great event especially Judy and Fred Hazen for all the assistance.

It was really nice to meet everyone there and hope to see you all again.

Well...I guess it's back to the post Katrina clean up and rebuild efforts, It looks like we may know soon if we can get approval to rebuild or if we will need to demolish and start over.

Mark Cuevas
MarkExc500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I really enjoyed meeting you Mark. Just wish there had been more time to visit with you and all of the other new faces around the park, but we helped with preparing and serving the meals, running to town to purchase ice and other necessities, registering everyone that we could, and the many other little tasks that had to be done to keep everything running smoothly. We didn't work nearly as hard as Pahaska, AKA John Irwin and wife Kay, but what we did do really put a crunch on our ability to visit and see all of the units. I probably wasn't able to see but perhaps half of the Vintage units in attendance. Maybe next year. Glad that you seemed to enjoy yourself.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
Great rally! We, from TCPU, really enjoyed the rally and hope that next year we can help, possibly having a joint rally or making it a state wide rally. You all did a super job and we want ou to know how much it was appreciated. Jan
Janssvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
I find this to be a great thread about a bunch of nice folks having a great get together but miss seeing a more detailed write up of the event with maybe a manifest of who and what was there. Austin area seems to be the most active in Texas. would anyone disagree?

By the way I have just learned of a new possible destination for a possible rally in Texas.
Matagorda Park at the mouth of the Colorado about 24 miles south of Bay City is under construction as a development of the LCRA. Lower Colorado River Authority.
Suppose to have some new RV spaces nearly ready.

Also to G.Stephens I hope your stomach probs have cleared up and you are doing well. How about an update.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #25
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer
I find this to be a great thread about a bunch of nice folks having a great get together but miss seeing a more detailed write up of the event with maybe a manifest of who and what was there. Austin area seems to be the most active in Texas. would anyone disagree?
We had 50 units attending, 17 were vintage. The face that it was a state park was a problem in thatthere was nowhere to park for the vintage open house and the state folks got riled at us clogging the roads. We had banjo music, catered meals, a potluck, door prizes, a seminar on vintage units, and a maintenance seminar. Our local dealer brought 2 new trailers for show.

We have already planned a 2007 vintage rally next January 31 through February 4 at Haven's Landing in Montgomery, Texas. It is a private park with all concrete full hookups and nice meeting rooms. Keep checking here on the forum and I will be starting a thread shortly. We have 100 sites reserved and we expect to fill them. We expect to have every activity we had in Austin and more.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #26
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
By the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer
Also to G.Stephens I hope your stomach probs have cleared up and you are doing well. How about an update.
Gayland Stephens had some good news ... no cancer! He still has medical problems, but he was going strong when I last saw him about a half-hour ago here at the Region 9 rally.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote