Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #81
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Where was the campground????
"Whit's End Campground", in w. Ossipee, NH.

www.whitsendcampground.com
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:12 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Just want to thank all of you for attending our rally. We had a great time. So many helping hands!!! All positive attitudes in spite of the weather (did it rain?) made for an enjoyable time for all. No complaining and whining, just a fun "rocking" group of Airstreamers doing what we do best....Does life get any better than this?
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #83
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Thank You!!!

We had the most amazing great time!!

Thank you to all the wonderful members of the New England Unit.

You welcomed us warmly and made us feel right at home. The memories of this weekend will make winterizing less bitter.

Both host couples did an extraordinary job in organizing and carrying out this fun rally.We can't wait for the next one.

We'd like to especially thank Chef Doug & his assistants for waking up at dawn every day and
despite the pounding rain that never stopped, they all worked hard at the stoves and prepared many wonderful meals for all of us. We are very grateful. (spotless and constant wiping of tables was also provided as well as a continuous personal supply of extra paper towels...thank you)

Also, thank you D's for the
private wine tasting, it was one of the many highlights of the weekend. It took all the chill out

Rain = mud but that did not stop
several willing participants who organized an informal 'vintage tour' by inviting a few of us into their AS despite our muddy boots What a great experience.

Finally, last but not least thanks to the Mr.Messy family for their kind friendship and help in making sure we always knew what was going on so we didn't miss out on anything.

Hope to see everyone again soon!!

Old 10-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Looks like fun and wine was had by all. I don't really understand the thing with the gloves. Is this some sort of initiation ritual that we should know about? eeeek!
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
Looks like fun and wine was had by all. I don't really understand the thing with the gloves. Is this some sort of initiation ritual that we should know about? eeeek!
Too funny!

Just Doug and company insuring everything was as germ free as possible when they prepared and served the food. BTW, the food was WICKED good, which is New England speak for fantastic.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Thumbs up Another great outting!

We had sooooooo much fun this weekend, we didn't want to leave. We have never been around so many nice people in one place. You guys are all great! We look forward to many more years attending rallies with our AS FAMILY!

Thanks to KIMILI & her hubbie for jumping right in as old time NE members. Your assistance with food preparation and guitar entertainment was really appreciated by all. We would love to have you & Michael join our group.

Also....our newest members Clark & Michelle.......what a touching story how you acquired your vintage AS. The story begins like this. Two years ago when they got married, for their wedding gift they asked everyone to give to their "AS dream". They purchased a Vintage AS, started some restoration and just joined our NEU. WOW! We are the lucky group for acquiring such wonderful folks!

Wine tasting went over very well! We had such a good experience we came home with 7 new bottles to enjoy.

Gail

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
phfew! I noticed our check had cleared to be affiliate members and I was worried. I'm familiar with the term "wicked" remember, I married a Cape Codda.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #88
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Yippee! New NE Unit Members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
phfew! I noticed our check had cleared to be affiliate members and I was worried. I'm familiar with the term "wicked" remember, I married a Cape Codda.
Great! We really hope to see you folks this summa! (New England for Summer).

Oh! What do I see in the latest Yankee Quipper but your names as new members. Welcome! I believe you will enjoy the WBCCI New England Unit. There is a planned Scusset Beach Rendezvous for 2006. If you have your trailer with you be sure to ask to be parked in the "generator" section. That way you can power your tacky lighted pink flamingo(s) and palm tree. That's what we all do!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
M&M -- Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like we missed another great rally. We spent the weekend at home nursing two little girls with colds -- didn't think you all would appreciate us sharing the sniffles. Now that I see your germ-free environment, I'm pretty sure it was the right decision.

Chuck -- some excitement! That'll teach you to forsake a N.E. rally for an SOB event.

We're sorry too that we missed meeting the new folks. Hope we'll get a chance to meet you at a future N.E. rally. - D&J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
It' was Great. One of the best yet. Stopped at the VIN BIN on the way home for supplies. Nice store and a great merchant.
Thanks for the memories.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #91
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Hey Over59 How was lunch at Coral? Earl and I saw your AS and didn't find you in the Vin Bin. After driving by we saw you guys enjoying your lunch in your window seat!! You looked to cozy to interrupt.....not to mention we had that drowned rat look. Thanks for the nice comment.
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Tis ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker
Thank you for your warm welcome at Sunday's breakfast. We really enjoyed the tours and talking to people. When we first considered an Airstream, we were thinking primarily of making camping and travel more comfortable. Sunday's visit allowd us to experience firsthand the fun and extra benefit of being part of the NE WBCCI community. Looking forward to next season's events.
Mike and Joan
Mike and Joan,
We're all so happy to be adding you folks to our circle of camping family~!
These extra benefits are included in the over all "fun of Airstream ownership". I'm just so glad that you both were able to come out, and got the chance to sample/meet the wonderful people in the NE unit~btw, the was FANTASTIC~!
I just wanted to thank everyone who a share in making this a great weekend~
We shared memories with some from previous rally (whake watch, etc) and met some great new friends as well. Enjoy the music by Mike from NJ.
The whole weekend was just awesome~!
After winterizin the unit in Va Beach, I can't wait for SPRING~!! (this past week was spend traveling thru the mtn of Va.,visited Luray Cavern, time spend in Va Beach...Don't you just love driving in the rain???
Again..I want to thank everyone for being there and sharing a great time!
ciao
53FC, aka Vern
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:52 AM   #93
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Sorry it's late but...

I was looking over some of the pictures that I had taken during the rally with my cell phone camera and, this one was just too kewl to pass up.
Just wanted to share what I thought the most complete statement about "why" we love to go camp'in..
Hope you enjoy..
ciao
53FC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54594507_166780107_0.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	16338  
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 11-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #94
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
After thoughts..

Maybe it's not too kewl to try and park near the trees after all..
We did manage to get in and out without leaving any aluminum..
ciao
53FC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	54594602_166780430_0.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	16339  
NEU #64
New England Unit