Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Madison , Wisconsin
Welcome to Town

I am not a member, but I am a Madison native and own an AS so I take some interest in watching the rigs roll in. Most of them make my old timer look like...well an antique--oh that right--it is an antique!

This afternoon I spoke with the operator from Eckmayer Septage. A contractor servicing the porta-potty's at the rally site. It is a hot and humid day in Madison--as have been the last three days How is the image in your head doing? Anyway they are trying to keep well ahead of schedule to avoid (as much as they can) any a a a a a a inconvienience?

Remember the hired help on days like this, give credit for hard work behind the scenes from many participants. They are a great part of pulling off any successful event. By the way I notice a lot of tow vehicles in the Elks Club parking lot.

Welcome to town, have a good time. By the way, if the Elks do one of their Prime Rib Buffets jump on it!

ps The weather will be better next week.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I'm not at the rally, but remember a visit to Wisconsin to visit family wayyyy back when I was in HS. We went to Green Lake, Wisconsin and all I remember was the water was VERY cold!!!!! Is there a cold lake nearby for all to take advantage of??? I, for one, always appreciate a fresh porta-potty, so if the opportunity arises, tell those guy/gals THANKS!!!!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
I'm not at the rally, but remember a visit to Wisconsin to visit family wayyyy back when I was in HS. We went to Green Lake, Wisconsin and all I remember was the water was VERY cold!!!!! Is there a cold lake nearby for all to take advantage of??? I, for one, always appreciate a fresh porta-potty, so if the opportunity arises, tell those guy/gals THANKS!!!!

We can't be at the rally, but were able to get to Yellowstone Lake State Park south and west of Madison last week end. SO HOT. But the lake swimming was delightful as CoArgosy78 said. Luckily we had electricity and could run the AC. We had family with us who were tenting, but begged and pleaded to sleep inside the Bambi. Of course, we said yes. So if any one just might happen to ask you, tell them that 4 adults, a 60 pound dog and a 3 year old and an expensive classical guitar make it a tad tight in a 19 foot Bambi. Shower storage sure was handy.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Site Team

, Minnesota
We drove through Madison Wednesday on our way to New York. The road between Madison and Rockford was packed with aluminum.

We sure enjoy seeing all the Airstreams on the highway!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
5T5
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
2006 22' International CCD
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
We are at the rally and are really enjoying it.Thanks for the hospitality Madison and what a beautiful city!
Kim