Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
WOW! I belong to a GREAT WBCCI unit . . .

Those cookies were awesome, April. As was everything else about the CBR. It was all the fun I'd only heard about for the last couple of years, and more. And it was cool meeting everyone, seeing faces, going places. Thanks to all who posted pics.

Since the CBR, I've been enjoying the VA coast, moved back to the valley today, and I'm heading to the Shenandoah Valley Unit rally tomorrow then back to Chattanooga Sunday. Here's to seeing everyone again next year, if not before.

You're right Frank. It sucks ~ this waiting a whole year for the next CBR.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #122
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Maybe if we all ask real nice, the Rodger's will allow for an additional rally at their farm. It could be the excuse to get together rally...

Tim, DO NOT CHANGE THE SHOW. You do a great job and we all love you. I know you were reluctant to join the WBCCI. And when you did you were not the least bit enthused about having to join a unit, but now, I can see you are happy with your choice. The WDCU really gets what this is all about... camping and having fun. A killer pot luck helps too. We will be expecting you, now that your sleeping arraingments have been taken care of.

Sugurfoot, You are one sweet southern belle. I sure did enjoy meeting you and your beautiful trailer. I have to say you were a great part of this rally, and hope to see you at all the WDCU events in the future.

April, your cookies were great, but offering a trailer up to Tim is even more wonderful...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:36 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
I think Tim has discovered the ultimate fuel saving way to rally hop scotch all over the country.

With all of these multiple vintage trailer owners offering to provide one of their collections on site, Tim only has to "show" up and do a The VAP show.

Surely Colin Hyde or Rob Baker will have an extra unit (with a working bathroom) they would have at the ready for the Saratoga Springs "Jam" Tim would have to dance for his diner and tape the next VAP or three episodes, but just think of the panel of pros available at the "Jam".

Tim, I think you can put your trailer up on jack stands this summer.
safari62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
Maybe if we all ask real nice, the Rodger's will allow for an additional rally at their farm. It could be the excuse to get together rally...
WDCU's approach with two of their annual rallies is somewhat of an anomaly within the wbcci. typically units try not to have a unit rally in the same spot year over year. i know that is the case with my home unit Watchung NJ which is why our West Point rally is every other. the fact that WDCU does with the Cherry Blossom and Outer Banks each year almost puts those event on the same annual plane as the clubs national events like Victorian Days, Mardis Gras, Easter Rally in St Augustine, and the big one in Indiana -- forgetting the name of it and blue beret is not handy.
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #125
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
We will be expecting you, now that your sleeping arraingments have been taken care of.
Geez Frank. I'm still getting over jet lag and you're stirring up more trouble for me!

Quote:

April, your cookies were great, but offering a trailer up to Tim is even more wonderful...
I do appreciate the offer April. Thanks!

You guys are lucky to be part of such a fine group of folks.
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #126
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Tim
You guys are lucky to be part of such a fine group of folks.
You guys ??? Last time I checked... you're also a member of this fine group. And we're all happy you are.

Frank is smartly encouraging you to start early in your efforts to convince your wife how you need to make this a family trip next year.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #127
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula
WDCU's approach with two of their annual rallies is somewhat of an anomaly within the wbcci. typically units try not to have a unit rally in the same spot year over year. i know that is the case with my home unit Watchung NJ which is why our West Point rally is every other. the fact that WDCU does with the Cherry Blossom and Outer Banks each year almost puts those event on the same annual plane as the clubs national events like Victorian Days, Mardis Gras, Easter Rally in St Augustine, and the big one in Indiana -- forgetting the name of it and blue beret is not handy.
and your point is?..... I thought it was widely known that the WDCU is a unique unit, that has the basic rules of "have fun camping"... if having a rally every two months is what the the unit members want than I personally do not see a problem. I think the outer banks rally is every other year. I hope to make a trip to the out banks an annual thing and there being a unit rally makes it even better. I am surprised to see you Dave, following rules so closely.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
The outer banks rally is every other year. We did have the offer of making the CBR a National rally, but declined because then WBCCI takes control and must be acounted to, for the details and we all know how much fun that would be.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote