Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
WBCCI Region 3 Rally, Ocean Lakes Campground, Myrtle Beach, SC

WBCCI Members and Airstream Owners who aren’t yet members are invited to attend the Region 3 Rally at Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC April 22 - 29. This special event IS open to non-members and does NOT require that you join the WBCCI. The rally includes 2 nights of professional entertainment, a cookout, campfire, member entertainment, several breakfasts, and a banquet. In addition to seminars, fellowship, camping in a beautiful setting and a chance to tour Airstreams at an Open House. All this for a Rally Fee of $85 / person (reduced rates apply for partial week attendance) and $45 /night campground fee.

We would love to have you join us! For more information you can contact me.

Matt Hackney, President Emeritus
Georgia Unit, WBCCI

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
We're coming from #149, and so are a number of others. We have at least 8 units coming together, and we will submit our data and money in one mailing so we can be parked together when we come. Sounds like fun. Keep us in the loop.

TAC VA-18 | WBAC 1927 - Shen. Valley Unit 149 | AIR 53869
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gheuer
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
It should be a fun party with emphasis on fun. I we have heard the entertainment and were very impressed. I have also listened to the membership for the past 6 years in trying to decide on the format for the rally. We have cookouts and outside events that I hope will appeal to a broad spectrum. I personally don't belive that there is a better venue anywhere than Myrtle Beach. Food, entertainment, beaches, golf, shopping just to name a few. Come early and stay late.
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
This rally has been placed on the Calendar for April 2012. Go to the calendar:

Airstream Forums - Calendar

and RSVP for this Rally.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Puttin' my check in the mail today. Great place for a rally. Thanks Rick, I know it will be a good one! John & Susan
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Got the better 1/2 looking at this one, we've been to Ocean Lakes, nice place for ocean side camping and we enjoyed it.
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Come on down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Got the better 1/2 looking at this one, we've been to Ocean Lakes, nice place for ocean side camping and we enjoyed it.

Come on down, hard to beat Ocean Lakes for beach front camping . And we South Carolinians need to make a strong showing, its in our own yard! Maybe a forums get together? John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
John,

I'm working on it, looks promising.

When I saw this I was also thinking how do you explain the type of camping that a place like Ocean Lakes offers? We have been there two times now, once in summer season and an Easter weekend. We don't go because of the extra spacious site, or the unique site designs I think all are angled pull thru's full hookups, or the hardwoods, or a view of the mountains. Nope, it is a unique hard to explain gotta experience it ocean camping. A short bike ride or walk to the beach unless that is if you get a beachfront site. Ocean Lakes has a lot of stuff inside the entrance, nice facility, various recreations, nice store, RV supplies and service on site. But it is sometimes just people watching as everyone goes about THEIR way of enjoying the beach and ocean. In season they have golf cart parades at night, cruising the ocean side drive, electric carts of ALL manner and custom design, you gotta see it to believe it. When you visit you really need to take a bike or golf cart ride and look at all manner of personally owned vacation homes, condos and a taste of the early style of Ocean Lakes resort living. And Myrtle Beach area, well we're releatively new still to SC just 9 years, still learning. Lots to see on the coast all the way up and down the SC coast. MB recently added a Sky Wheel right on the ocean, a new board walk missed that last time, hitting it this time. Seafood resturants Murrells Inlet is just down the road and more pancake houses than you could visit during your stay.

One other thing about Ocean Lakes, it is well staffed.
S/OS #001
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Fun time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
John,

I'm working on it, looks promising.

When I saw this I was also thinking how do you explain the type of camping that a place like Ocean Lakes offers? We have been there two times now, once in summer season and an Easter weekend. We don't go because of the extra spacious site, or the unique site designs I think all are angled pull thru's full hookups, or the hardwoods, or a view of the mountains. Nope, it is a unique hard to explain gotta experience it ocean camping. A short bike ride or walk to the beach unless that is if you get a beachfront site. Ocean Lakes has a lot of stuff inside the entrance, nice facility, various recreations, nice store, RV supplies and service on site. But it is sometimes just people watching as everyone goes about THEIR way of enjoying the beach and ocean. In season they have golf cart parades at night, cruising the ocean side drive, electric carts of ALL manner and custom design, you gotta see it to believe it. When you visit you really need to take a bike or golf cart ride and look at all manner of personally owned vacation homes, condos and a taste of the early style of Ocean Lakes resort living. And Myrtle Beach area, well we're releatively new still to SC just 9 years, still learning. Lots to see on the coast all the way up and down the SC coast. MB recently added a Sky Wheel right on the ocean, a new board walk missed that last time, hitting it this time. Seafood resturants Murrells Inlet is just down the road and more pancake houses than you could visit during your stay.

One other thing about Ocean Lakes, it is well staffed.
Well said, it is a place like no other. We have been there many times, all seasons, always have fun. Got real excited when I found out the Region 3 Rally would be held there, it is a GREAT place for a rally. Hope the Carolina folks can make a strong showing. I'm sure Rick and his crew have a lot of good stuff lined up. Even if you don't like the organized stuff there is plenty of room to do your own thing. We like some of both.
It is hard to go to OCEAN LAKES and not have fun, I'm sure this will be no exception. To those folks out there that may have never been to Myrtle Beach, or to Ocean Lakes, or to an Airstream rally, this is your chance to cash in on it all. Sure hope to see you there. John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
There will be a Dutch Oven Event on Friday. I am looking for ideas!

I led a group in preparing Pineapple Up-side Down Cake at Alumapalooza last summer. I posted the recipe and 11 folks brought ingredients and ovens. We cooked together. We had so much fun, that we decided to feed folks on Saturday with breakfast casseroles.

I have one interested volunteer so far! I believe he is better at this than I. Post your ideas here and we can develop a plan.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Well, I printed the form, now its time to mail the check.

Those of you pondering a Dutch Oven, I think it is really one of the most versitile pieces of cooking equipment you can have. Stews, chilis, soups, roasts, beans and ham, deep frying or skillet style frying and the lid can even double as a shallow skillet, and as a baking tool it is only limited to your imagination and making the dish fit the space available. And you don't need a wood fire, these gems run really well on standard charcoal too.

Is it spring yet?

Gary
S/OS #001
Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Several of us are planning to fix Dutch Oven delights on Friday evening at the rally. We will be sharing our favorite recipes and, perhaps, instructing a few newbies. If you are planning to come with cast iron, please PM me. We will have a feast.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Don't forget the Lodge (cast iron) outlet store is just a few miles away.
S/OS #001
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I haven't been to the store in Myrtle Beach. Do they have seconds, like the store in Tennessee?