Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

WBCCI Pennsylvania Unit Buddy Rally

The WBCCI Pennsylvania Unit will be hosting it's August Joint/Buddy Rally along with the Al-Mon-o Unit at the PA Unit's home: Penn Wood Airstream Park, this August 3-5. If you know a member of either unit and are interested in finding out what a WBCCI rally is all about ask a member to sponsor you and join us for a weekend filled with good food and even better times! Rally fee is $15 payable to the Pennsylvania Unit. Please send a private message for payment and additional rally details.
Clarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
mpl
The Crippled Lion

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Cogan Station , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennWood.org
The WBCCI Pennsylvania Unit will be hosting it's August Joint/Buddy Rally along with the Al-Mon-o Unit at the PA Unit's home: Penn Wood Airstream Park, this August 3-5. If you know a member of either unit and are interested in finding out what a WBCCI rally is all about ask a member to sponsor you and join us for a weekend filled with good food and even better times! Rally fee is $15 payable to the Pennsylvania Unit. Please send a private message for payment and additional rally details.
Howdy! I'm retiring from the Air Force in September and will be living in Central PA. Is there a contact to transfer my WBCCI membership from AL to PA?
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl

Howdy! I'm retiring from the Air Force in September and will be living in Central PA. Is there a contact to transfer my WBCCI membership from AL to PA?
I don't think you can transfer your membership mid year except when a new unit is formed. The best way to transfer from unit to unit is at renewal time. Just renew with the unit you want to be part of at the end of the year. As a member of the WBCCI you are welcome at any event of the club regardless of the unit you belong to.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
My understanding is that no restriction exists when you transfer. Any club secretary simply has to let HQ know about it. The girls will make the transfer and your name will show up on the next unit audit. I do believe you are correct in that this is not a "high priority" item for them. I do recall hearing something like "we will just wait" or something. I guess the "database thinking" in me just doesn't understand that thinking. We talking about 6,000 entries here. Thats not a lot of data.

I know if I were wishing to transfer, I wouldn't want to wait 11 months to be "official".
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

The Annual Pennsylvania Unit/Al-Mon-O Unit Joint/Buddy and Pig Roast Rally wraps up today. Thanks to all who came out and enjoyed this fun event. It is always good to see our friends from Al-Mon-O and make new friends as well with the buddies who come to see what an WBCCI Rally is all about.

The food was amazing, the nightly Wally Byam Happy Hour was huge with frozen margaritas last night. The kids enjoyed a Saturday afternoon scavenger hunt and playing in Clear Creek which wraps around Penn Wood.

Plans for next years Joint Rally are already in the works! Thank you Ron and Jan Mapley (President and First Lady of the Pennsylvania Unit) and Nancy Trice (1st Vice President of the Al-Mon-O Unit) and all who attended this years event. You made this a special weekend we will all remember.
Clarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Hermitage , Pennsylvania
What a great weekend it was! Nora and I really appreciated all the hard work that Ron, Jan, and Nancy put in. The pork dinner was delicious and this morning's breakfast terrific. The camaraderie enjoyed with old and new friends was wonderful and, as usual, we collected several new "gems" of Airstream information. Skip Cook even saved us a trip to Jackson Center by showing me how to "work" the ground fault circuit breaker!! We're already looking forward to next year!
Whirlism is offline   Reply With Quote