Airstream w/1 adult @ $375.00 @ $400.00
Additional adult in Airstream @ $120.00 @ $130.00
Youth (Ages 4 - 19) @ $ 60.00 @ $ 60.00

One night in the bullpen free any early nights before that are $25.00 per night

Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
After January 1 the cost for 2 people would be $71.40 each night for the 7 days of the listed rally dates and $88.00 for a couple with 2 children. That seems quite high again. Also the $25.00 per day for early arrival may not be an amount early workers pay. Also there was $2,000 in the budget to give those early workers pancakes and to administrate. It still doesn't seem like an effort to involve and recruit more working families to the rally.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
At Carol's request:

According to the discussion of the budget for DuQuoin, the fairgrounds charges for each night that a unit is onsite and the fairgrounds will accept the WBCCI count. The budget was based on the number of units on site for each day, a schedule was provided to the IBT during the discussion. At $15 per unit per day the average number of nights is just over 13 for all attendees.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Bill. What I can't figure out is why the rally continues to be listed as only one week. I remember my first International and finding out that arriving on time was arriving late. Taken directly off the WBCCI site it appears that anything above the 7 days of rally will be charged at the rate of $25.00 per extra night. Maybe that is for an early worker...but I tend to doubt it.

I suppose an average of 13 days means 7 for everyone else and 20 for the others. No, I see in the other thread that early workers are being restricted to one week next year. Would that be one week over the designated time listed of one week or over the 13 days that most non-volunteers have no knowlege of? Am I the only one confused?

Is that difference of $55.00 a night for two people and $66.00 more each family of 4 pay every day for everything else besides their space and hook-up such as entertainment, and? It's the "and" that I would like to see. Is there an International Rally budget document made available that we can post to show see the individual items?

I am also wondering what the day fee and restrictions might be. Illinois is our home state and we could swing over to see the kids or visa versa, but it would have to be a heck of a phenominal event to pay that much per day. It's nearly $60.00 each night if you attend solo. And I didn't see a prorated sliding scale for those that may be able to attend less than a week. It's no wonder that travel expenses and longer stays and free dinners and breakfasts and discounted tours make it sweeter for the ones chosen to be within the privileged fold of officers and committee members. I also think the youth activities should be optional and fees applied upon the basis of participation. The entire schedule of fees seems a penalty to many.

http://www.wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageS...national_Rally
Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Carol,

In the discussion of the International Rally budget, it was mentioned that WBCCI is paying for the units onsite each day. There was mention of a schedule calculating the number of units onsite each day, on which the budget was based. My calculation is just arithmetic based on those statements. I will request a copy of the units onsite per day schedule.

I have received a copy of the 2011 rally budget, but I am hesitant to publish on an open forum since I feel that it is confidential information.

I have no such issue discussing items which were broadcast in the meetings.

There has been a great deal of discussion about the cost for children, but has anyone who disagrees with the cost participated in the youth activities. Our granddaughter was too young in Bozeman, but we would certainly have her participate if she attends a future rally and then I will have an informed opinion about the cost-benefit.

I believe that any member can visit the vendors and attend the business meetings without cost (but I am not certain). The seminars and entertainment are for registered members only.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Can you refresh my memory upon the categories of expenses for the rally? I believe that was on the recording. If not that is understandable to keep your line of communication open.

I think the youth program is good and that the children enjoy themselves but I think it could be charged only to the children who do participate. My concern was for the family that might have a 4 and 5 year old and not choose to send them to the activities and yet they pay 120 dollars just the same as the others that are having a super time. I don't see why that can't be done. My point isn't against the youth program but trying to have costs lowered for families that might be able to appreciate the lower costs of attending an International with their children as opposed to skipping it entirely because of high costs. I do think the program is set up for grandparents rather than parents. A grandparent will relinquish custody of their independent grandchild much more readily than a parent of younger children would. In actuality I haven't seen children at the three Internationals, people with pets must have them instead of children. So I am definitely not speaking from knowlege but assumption. When our children were small money was much tighter than it is now as grandparents with less to budget for without a growing family.

Not just about the children's program here, but as with all expenses I think a person's costs should be representative of their benefits and that that is an achievable goal. It is always the ones that get the most that prefer simplifying costs and splitting it evenly for everyone while the ones that perhaps have tried to be frugal are not as appreciative of that global and arbitrary application. It might actually help hold down costs when members, even leaders realize what their benefits cost and how much they are NOT paying individually for those benefits that they enjoy. It all costs some one and in the case of general membership it costs many plenty for the few and those indulgences.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I know this may be taboo, but many people are planning to camp at Whittington Woods in Benton, IL during the international. There have been at least 4 rally events in the last two years hosted here, and it is a great campground. Can't beat the price or hospitality, and it isn't far from the fairgrounds at all.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I know this may be taboo, but many people are planning to camp at Whittington Woods in Benton, IL during the international. There have been at least 4 rally events in the last two years hosted here, and it is a great campground. Can't beat the price or hospitality, and it isn't far from the fairgrounds at all.
If they attend the rally, they will save $200 on the registration fee. What is the cost at Whittington Woods per night?

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 07-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
For that event full hook ups or water electric with dump station will likely be $25 per night.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
312 signed up

As per the International Treasurer's report yesterday, there are only 312 registered so far. That hints of less than 500 will attend. The rally budget was based on 800 attending.

In other words, it will be another financial bloodbath.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
WE have signed up for the Birthday Bash.
I don't see any $500 full hookup international Rallies in my future. Just not a value at the price
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
1975 26' Argosy 26
Flora , Indiana
I'm a newbe to this rally thing. We signed up early before we knew the itinerary. I was disappointed to see we will miss the vintage parade and open house. It is odd by signing up for the whole rally we will arive late and miss a lot.

We are not retired and have limited vacation time each year and can not alot any more time for the rally in fact we can only attend for three days. This makes the rally cost us about $150.00 per night. We will be traveling with two other WBCCI members with the same vacation limitations that will not pay $500 to stay just a few days and will not attend the rally. The rally and WBCCI should try to become more flexible to working families with a daily rate or an event fee.

Here I paid for the week rally and I will miss the events I'm most interested in. Oh well I'm still looking foreward the rally. It may be our first rally I hope it's not our last.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
You could always come down for the weekend of the vintage parade and open house and leave your MH at the site until you come back for the rest of the rally. You are only a few hundred miles away and it would be worth the trip. Last year we had hundreds of people stopping by for the open house and the batch of chocolate chip cookies went fast.

Stop by and visit when you are at the rally, my number is 7513.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #14

2006 31' Classic
Golden , Missouri
The way I see it, if you don't pay the fee and attend the rally, there won't be many more rallies to attend. I do agree that fee is awfully expensive, though. It is sure tempting to stay in a local RV park but, I feel I should support the rally and WBCCI.