Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up WBCCI VAC Rally - Rocky Mountain Region

This is our 3rd Annual gathering. It'll be held on August 8th - 10th (11th - 12th Optional)

Open to members of the WBCCI and Vintage Airstream Club and those interested in joining or folks who just want to "check it out".

Visit this link: 2003 Rocky Mountain VAC Rally Information for a registration form.

To visit the Rally Report page from last year, check out: 2002 Rocky Mountain VAC Rally Report

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Okay...I know several of you forum-folks are planning on attending....how come there aren't any other posts here?

Shari
"Wagon Mistress"
Old 06-28-2003, 04:11 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Hello, Oh Wagon Mistress!

We are very much looking forward to our first rally, and meeting you, Mr. Inside-Out, and our fellow 'streamers! Thanks for opening it up to us west coast interlopers!

We're awful proud of our Scottish heritage. Will anyone else be bringing haggis for the potluck?

40 days away--but who's counting?!!!

Tom
63flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Because we are so excited that were speechless??
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 04:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

I just returned last night from that country - spent three nights at Sugarite Canyon State Park, just over the pass from Tinidad in New Mexico. Great setting. Even at 7,000 ft., however, it can get quite warm in the daytime in August.

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Vintage Airstream Club 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rally

When my plans to attend the International and tour New England were changed due to last minute glitches with the Eldorado, I thought that I had surely missed an opportunity to attend the VAC Rocky Mountain Rally - - but was relieved to find that I wasn't too late.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the Rally, and may even try to extend my stay a bit as well. I haven't been to Colorado for nearly ten years, and have a number of places that I want to revisit. I can't even entirely rule out attending with my '75 Cadillac towing the '78 Minuet - - must get a set of wheels that run true before this will work out - - never realized how easily damaged the '68-'78 Eldorado wheels can be, and that there are virtually no substitutes out there.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
That's more like it!

Quote:
Will anyone else be bringing haggis for the potluck?
Sorry, the main meat dish is included with your rally fee...how about a nice salad or dessert instead?
Quote:
Because we are so excited that we're speechless??
Nice try Ken!

Shari
Old 06-29-2003, 08:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Hee Hee
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
If you're considering it, you should go!

We went to the Rocky Mountain VAC rally last year in Estes Park, and we had the best time we've ever had with our trailer, rally or not. If there were even a chance we'd be able to go this year, we'd be there in a heartbeat, but work is preventing us. If it weren't, we'd happily make the drive again from St. Louis.

If you're even considering going to the rally, we would highly, highly recommend it. The people are absolutely wonderful, the location is fantastic, and you won't regret it for a second. We're going to a different VAC rally this summer that's a little closer to us, but I just have a feeling it can't live up to last year's RM VAC rally. Our regional WBCCI rally surely didn't, and we're going to next year's RM VAC rally no matter what happens at work!
Old 07-20-2003, 04:31 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

So how does this work? Can a wanna-be show up, meet people, envy trailers, etc?
Old 07-20-2003, 07:25 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
The Open House on Saturday afternoon is open to the public and you're welcome to come hang out with your future "best friends" It really is a lot of fun ~

To date, we are expecting 34 vintage trailers and M/H...and over 80 attendees! The entire population of La Veta is only 978...the locals aren't going to know what hit them!

Hope to see you there...be sure and stop by and say "Hi"!

Shari
Old 07-20-2003, 07:53 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Here's how to find us:

DIRECTIONS

FROM THE EAST:
If you are heading SOUTH ON I-25, get off at Exit #52. Take CO-85/87 into Walsenburg for about 3 miles. In the center of town, turn RIGHT/WEST onto CO-160. Continue approximately 11 miles WEST on CO-160. Turn LEFT/SOUTH on CO-12 Highway of Legends towards La Veta. Continue approximately 4-1/2 miles then turn RIGHT on 2nd Street to Circle the Wagons Campground.

If you are heading NORTH ON I-25, get off at Exit #49 and head Left/West towards Walsenburg. In the center of town, turn RIGHT/WEST onto CO-160. Continue approximately 11 miles WEST on CO-160. Turn LEFT/SOUTH on CO-12 Highway of Legends towards La Veta. Continue approximately 4-1/2 miles then turn RIGHT on 2nd Street to Circle the Wagons Campground.

FROM THE WEST:
From Alamosa travel EAST on CO-160 towards Walsenburg approximately 57 miles to the junction with CO-12 Highway of Legends (if you get to Walsenburg, you’ve gone too far!). Turn SOUTH/RIGHT towards La Veta onto CO-12 Highway of Legends. Continue approximately 4-1/2 miles then turn RIGHT on 2nd Street to Circle the Wagons Campground.

SECOND STREET is an unpaved but a well maintained road. The campground is located on the right about ¼ mile along the Cucharas River. Look for VAC RALLY directional signs & arrows along the route.

See you there ~
Old 07-20-2003, 10:14 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Vintage Airstream Club 3rd Annual Rocky Mountain Rally

Greetings All!

I just returned from the Region 7 Vintage Airstream Club Rally in Waldo, WI (Sheboygan area). The Open House was VERY well attended, and I believe shocked the organizers as well as the participants. Having opened my trailer for more than a dozen open houses over the past eight years, this was one of the most memorable yet. There were people visiting from three states, and it took something of a concerted effort to find us as our location had not been publicised in the media reports - - word of mouth and helpful police agencies in the area directed many an interested onlooker to our location. We had visitors from Friday right on through our departure on Sunday - - all visits were cordial, and it was quite interesting to discuss Airstreaming with so many new people. The national news magazine that ran the article metnioning both the Region 7 as well as the Rocky Mountain Rally certainly brought in a number of visitors - - including a free-lance photographer/writer who is working on a story for one of the national monthly magazines as well as a book on the interest in Vintage RVing.

The Region 7 Rally certainly has me primed for the Rocky Mountain Rally. I talked with two couples today (Sunday), and they are planning to drop by the Rocky Mountain Rally open house as they were planning to vacation in Colorado Springs at that time. There will be at least two particpants from the Region 7 Rally who will be attending the Rocky Mountain Rally as well.

Nothing quite compares to the pleasure of attending a Vintage Airstream Rally and sharing in the all of the activities - - the only problem is that the summer is just flying by much too quickly - - first day of school is August 18 for my district!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
VAC Rally Open House

On Saturday, August 9th from 1-3pm (flexible), we will be welcoming visitors & lookie-loos. If you "just happen to be in the neighborhood"...stop by & say "Hi!"

BTW We're up to 37 trailers!

La Veta is approx. 175 miles south of Denver...makes a nice day trip ~

Shari
Old 07-30-2003, 10:14 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Cancelling reservations

Hi all, well, I was coming to 'watch' with Peanut Butter but she is incapicitated. I do not know if there are openings still or not. But if you want my reservation let me know soon.

I still would love to come for the open house so I may come down from Denver for just that and come back same day or stay all night in the motel.

TinCanSue
TinCanSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:33 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Vintage at heart

While our'02 Bambi is far from vintage, we just couldn't resist joining this rally. As a teenager, I got to see virtually every model A/S produced in the late 50s thru the late 60s, as I had an aunt and uncle who restored used A/S for the dealer located in Lubbock, TX.

We will be driving partway Thursday and arriving shortly after noon Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all these great vintage A/S.
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:27 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Question

A while back there was a thread about a Colorado rally which was going to be held in NW New Mexico. Former regular poster John from Florida was to be the Host I think.
Wasn't that the Rocky Mt. Rally too?
How did that one go and how was old John doing?
Can someone direct me to that thread please?
I need comments about that area and State Park.

Sue
Sue&Von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
You're right Sue...it was the Rocky Mountain AirstreamForum.com Rally...

This one is the Vintage Airstream Club's (VAC) Regional Rally ~

Here's a link to the previous thread regarding the Forum Rally...

BTW, a GREAT time was had by all!

Shari
Old 08-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
WOW! Only a week away...we're up to 40 Trailers!

If you are still "thinking about it" it's almost too late ~

We have obtained some additional sites, so we can accomodate a few more folks...but please send me an email to obtain "Late Registration" information...

Shari
Old 08-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

print attendee list and John

Just now I was getting ready to print the list of attendees and thought I would mention it incase you like to do same.

Attendee list is at: http://www.insideout-design.net/vac-...attendees.html

If you are forgetful at all, the list comes in handy and there are a lot more this time than at New Mexico.

Also, I just got an email from this morning from John-host of New Mexico-MacDonald, he has returned to Florida due to health concerns of family members. I was hoping he could jump over the mountains from NM but no.

Send him your prayers/good wishes/engery/love or what ever you do. I know I will miss him.

I will be in the "Motel" on Sat., Mike is in Florida. Looking forward to renewing friendships and meeting new ones!
TinCanSue is offline   Reply With Quote