Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2004, 01:18 PM   #121
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
After reading this thread it's clear the forums going to be pretty quite for the next week. Sounds like the best rally there is. I'll be there next year with my new trailer.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 AM   #122
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
I went to the Open House at the Rally yesterday. It was wonderful. I have never seen so many Airstreams. They were all beautimous. Thanks to everyone for letting us tour your trailers.

Kaye
kayelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #123
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
I hope someone, or more!, post picts and commentary re: the VAC rally.... Our scheduled trip to Jackson Center kept us from attending this year .
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #124
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Wink Totally Rad or is that Bad???

We, too, return from the rally (after a scare w/vapor lock on the car) with nice memories. Thanks so much to all for giving the tours and allowing us into your trailers even with muddy feet I thouroughly enjoyed each trailer I visited, and wish I could have reached all 70+-. I missed not seeing you and your Minuet, Kevin and I could not find you Ken (Durango), but it is certainly an inspiration to get my rear in gear for next year (whooh, such a poet are I). Has anyone figured out where it will be next year? I hear Steamboat Springs is nice?? Anyway, safe traveling home for all and can't wait to see your pics.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #125
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
So Many Trailers, So Little Time

I have been asked to post here re: our trip to the Open House of the Vintage AS Rally in C. Springs.

1st, it was wonderful to see such a large gathering (and so much enthusiasum) of these great trailers. Gave me a good perspective of the differences (even among the same types of trailers). Also, so neat to see the small additions each owner had found to make their trailer their own and the way each utilized the space.

We have been wanting to attend a rally and this one just added fuel to the fire to try to get to one (this one?) next year. We were able to reach only a fraction of the trailers being shown (I could have spent all day there), but at each one, we were welcomed and had such great conversations. I really enjoyed getting to know a few of you and hope to add to the acquantance in the near future!! Also, I bet the workshops are well worth the time and effort to attend. I didn't see or find out about the topics, maybe Shari will post more on that soon.

Hope I have given you all a taste of how much fun and how interesting this little trip was. If you are hesitant to get involved in a rally, going to an open house might just be the ticket to show you what a blast these people can have. I certainly felt like they were enjoying themselves

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:02 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Well, I hope everybody has made it home safely!

We had a terrific rally, 73 trailers and about 155 people, plus more visitors to the Open House...most everything went without a hitch. It was wonderful to meet all the 'real people' behind the avitars, meet new friends and reaquaint ourselves with old ones.

In the next week or two, I hope to be posting a "rally report" website...so PLEASE zip up those .jpgs and email them in to me for inclusion, without them there will not be a website... maxwell@insideout-design.net

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #127
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Vintage Airstream Club - 2004 Rocky Mountain Rally

It was definitely a case of "Better Late than Never", as my temperamental vehicles (the third one was the "charm" - - well, sort of . . . ) finally allowed me to reach Colorado Springs on the last day of the Rally. It was quite a site approaching Colorado on I-70 West from Kansas - - on Tuesday, August 3 as about six Vintage Airstreams passed by on their way East on I-70. It was great to renew acquaintainces as well as meet several members for the first time.

I had never contemplated attending a Rally without my trailer, but it worked out rather well in the end. Had I known about the tow vehcile issues a little earlier, it may have even been possible to obtain accommodations in the host park's Camper Cabins; as it was there were a number of reasonably priced motels in the area. One thing that I did realize was that I had forgotten what a convenicne RV travel could be - - I definitely don't want to return permanently to the motel/suitcase brigade (I had forgotten how much I hated having to deal with loading and unloading luggage at each stop).

This year's trip to the Rally will go down in my "Murphy's Law" notes. July 26, learn that the Cadillac has a left front torsion bar that must be replaced before it will be safe for travel - - out of service indefinitely as part is NLA. July 27, learn that the Suburban will require new electronic module that will allow it to be taken out of four-wheel-drive - - part ordered by GM dealer on overnight-shipment (when the third part hadn't arrived on July 30ths shipment gave up on Suburban - - the part didn't arrive until August 9). Chevy Blazer checked-out by dealer and readied for trip on July 30 with departure on July 31 - - blew plastic radiator drain valve on West of Oakley, Kansas on August 1 (towed into Goodland where repairs were completed late Monday). The remaining 2,700 miles were uneventful (decided to recreate my Colorado tour from 1982 following the Rally; and then took the scenic route through the Smoky Hills/Flint Hills/Gypsum Hills of Kansas - - some of the most enjoyable driving that I have experienced recently).

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #128

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Kevin, sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you, we left the rally Monday. I was hoping you'd get there before we had to continue our little adventure. I wanted to thank you in person for all the great advice you've offered since I joined the forum. Maybe we'll get to catch up with you at another rally sometime.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote