Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #99
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Richard,

We'll bring a 9x13 pan of stuffing along with the gravy.

Clearly we need more stuffing.
__________________

__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #100
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Hey, cool, Mike, you're out of the snow in Silverton! Alas, we're stuck here for a while. (We get the pleasure of hooking up the rest of the way to village utilities and have to stay to oversee the damage; otherwise, we'd be right behind you!)

Lynn
Yep, just open the drain on the hot water heater(it's in what they called a basement 100 years ago...dirt/gravel floor), take a wrench to the water line at the meter(also in the basement), lock the doors, and I'll worry about it next year...we'll burn some campfires for you and tip a few to you...
__________________

__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 AM   #101
Site Team
 
azflycaster's Avatar
 
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,127
Images: 62
Blog Entries: 1
Update on the menu...
Besides the food, please bring a table, chairs and some firewood.

Turkey Day feast at Che Quartzsite

APPETIZERS

azflycaster: Deviled Eggs

DINNER MENU

ArtStream: Real mashed potatoes
azflycaster: Deep Fried Turkey
goin camping: Stuffing and Gravy
ScrapIrony-2: Another Turkey for the fryer

DESERT MENU


WHINE & BEVERAGE LIST
__________________

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #102
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Have heard from GypsyChris and GypsyLiz...they may come over and play...if so, will bring more stuffing...
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #103
3 Rivet Member
 
Fairbanks , Alaska
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 237
Yes we may!! Will be fun to see you all
__________________
Liz and Chris -- Follow our Full Time Adventures on http://www.gypsymoments.com

Visit my new Airstream renovation blog here:
http://www.AirstreamLoft.com


gypsychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #104
Head Animal Wrangler
 
BamCamper's Avatar
 
2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,631
Images: 17
Hi kids.

Looking forward to seeing you all.
I will be caravanning with kevin on Friday so we won't be there for the Turkey Day Head Count
but we should be there in time for cocktail hour on Friday.
I think Ron and Debbie (str8strm) are also showing up on Friday.

(Kevbo doesn't do the forums anymore)

I'll bring a pumpkin pie (or pies) for an emergency dessert fix sometime over the weekend.
__________________
Rally on,
Bam
and no, those photos are not me.



BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #105
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Hi kids.

Looking forward to seeing you all.
I will be caravanning with kevin on Friday so we won't be there for the Turkey Day Head Count
but we should be there in time for cocktail hour on Friday.
I think Ron and Debbie (str8strm) are also showing up on Friday.

(Kevbo doesn't do the forums anymore)

I'll bring a pumpkin pie (or pies) for an emergency dessert fix sometime over the weekend.
I think, judging from past 4CU events, that there may be a morsel or two left over for the next...oh...week or so...we made it to Gallup, today...
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #106
Mad Scientist
 
2017 23' Flying Cloud
CULPEPER , Virginia
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5
Thumbs up First rally!

We are new Airstreamers- had planned to go to Ajo and Organ Pipe for Turkey day- but saw this rally and thought we'd give it a try! We'll bring plenty of food- turkey, gravy, dressing, and a pumpkin pie.

See you all there!

Sam and Gloria
__________________
samletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #107
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by samletz View Post
We are new Airstreamers- had planned to go to Ajo and Organ Pipe for Turkey day- but saw this rally and thought we'd give it a try! We'll bring plenty of food- turkey, gravy, dressing, and a pumpkin pie.

See you all there!

Sam and Gloria
Great news! Glad you're joining in.

What day will you arrive?

If you can bring fire or scrap wood for the bonfire that would be handy too.

See you there.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #108
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by samletz View Post
We are new Airstreamers- had planned to go to Ajo and Organ Pipe for Turkey day- but saw this rally and thought we'd give it a try! We'll bring plenty of food- turkey, gravy, dressing, and a pumpkin pie.

See you all there!

Sam and Gloria
Great to have you!!! and a big TTQ welcome!!!

You'll want to dump and fill up before you camp.

Pallets are good...but you have to look for them BEFORE you get to Q
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #109
Head Animal Wrangler
 
BamCamper's Avatar
 
2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,631
Images: 17
Ah...pallets...great idea.

I'll see if I can scrounge up a couple.

Will you be using the "drive over them with a car" technique of wood chopping?
__________________
Rally on,
Bam
and no, those photos are not me.



BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #110
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Ah...pallets...great idea.

I'll see if I can scrounge up a couple.

Will you be using the "drive over them with a car" technique of wood chopping?
AHH, Ms Bam,
Delightful to hear from you...
No, actually, there are too many nails/staples in pallets...t'would be embarassin'to have a flat like that...me bein' royalty and all...got my reputation to think of...oh, that's right...I already have a reputation.
AND, I might add, I STILL proudly carry the ORIGINAL TTQ TIARA, the bouquet of Tootsie Roll Pops(tho' I did have to replace the rubberband ), AND the silver thingie that goes in the other hand...I shall never forget you for being my first loyal subject...(did you try to cash that check, yet?). OK, I'll drive over them if my sledge hammer doesn't work...come to think of it, though, a pallet is just about the same size as a 4CU bonfire. See you soon...
'course, we gotta start it with something smaller...like a gallon of gas...
__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #111
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
AHH, Ms Bam,
Delightful to hear from you...
No, actually, there are too many nails/staples in pallets...t'would be embarassin'to have a flat like that...me bein' royalty and all...got my reputation to think of...oh, that's right...I already have a reputation.
AND, I might add, I STILL proudly carry the ORIGINAL TTQ TIARA, the bouquet of Tootsie Roll Pops(tho' I did have to replace the rubberband ), AND the silver thingie that goes in the other hand...I shall never forget you for being my first loyal subject...(did you try to cash that check, yet?). OK, I'll drive over them if my sledge hammer doesn't work...come to think of it, though, a pallet is just about the same size as a 4CU bonfire. See you soon...
'course, we gotta start it with something smaller...like a gallon of gas...
Or I could bring a sawzall.
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #112
Rivet Master
 
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
Or I could bring a sawzall.
Hmmm, never tried to start a fire with a sawzall before...WHAT THE HECK...we'll try it...
__________________

__________________
Michael & Tracy
1989 345 Motorhome
CHARTER MEMBERS: FOUR CORNERS UNIT, AND PROUD OF IT!!!
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
South Turkey Hunting Boondocking Ramp Boondocking 17 08-14-2008 10:01 PM
Got Turkey? codybear Stella's Kitchen 8 11-17-2007 11:50 PM
happy turkey day norbert Our Community 29 11-25-2005 12:27 PM
Turkey In The Trailer Creampuff Our Community 8 12-02-2003 08:25 PM
Turkey trip Creampuff 1966 - 1968 Safari 3 12-01-2002 11:28 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.