IMPORTANT: If you plan to attend, don’t forget to call the campground to confirm your space within the next week!
WHEN: Thursday August 15 – Sunday August 18
WHERE: 1000 Islands Association Island Campground
Henderson Harbor, NY
Please join us from Thursday August 15 to Sunday August 18 at the wonderful 1000 Islands Campground at Association Island in Henderson NY (www.airesort.com
). Located on the eastern shores of Lake Ontario, Association Island is accessible by bridge and offers 65 acres of camping and fun. Enjoy water views from ever site and enjoy spectacular sunsets at this unique island getaway. Henderson Harbor is centrally located in the 1000 islands region and near to:
• 5 miles to center of Henderson, NY - village with nearest gas/service station, small general store, restaurants & bars, Wehle State Park (one of NY's newest state parks with 1100 acres and 10 miles of hiking/mountain biking trails).
• 6 miles to center of Henderson Harbor, NY - quaint village with restaurants & bars, boat rentals, fishing charters, annual triathlon, classic car show, antique boat show, fishing derbies including Spring Classic, Masters Walleye Circuit, Smallmouth Bass Derby, NYS B.A.S.S., & ABA Fishing Tournament.
• 14 miles to Sackets Harbor, NY - quaint tourist village, historic battlefield site of War of 1812, many restaurants & bars
• 38 miles to Cape Vincent, NY - quaint village, host of annual "French Festival", weekly concerts on village green.
• 39 miles to Clayton, NY - considered the "cultural center" of the 1000 Islands, with several unique museums & interesting sites, the entire downtown district is designated by the US Federal Registry as historic with buildings dating back to the 1800s.
• 50 miles to Alexandria Bay, NY - the central location for many 1000 Islands tourist attractions including the 1000 Islands boat tour operators, weekly concerts in the park, winery and museums
I’ve secured a group of near the marina. These are full hook-up pull through sites. The rate is $35/night (or $32/night if you are a KOA rewards member) and it’s IMPORTANT THAT YOU CALL THE CAMPGROUND RIGHT AWAY AT 1-800-393-4189 AND USE the NAME “ROSENTHAL GROUP” TO PUT DOWN A ONE NIGHT DEPOSIT ON A SITE IN YOUR NAME.
You can pay the balance upon arrival at the campground. The campground is holding 8 sites for us next to each other and, if we need more or you’d prefer to save some money on the camping fees and don’t mind being row back from the water, there are also additional nearby sites.
• Thursday eve will be arrivals, happy hour then dinner on your own.
• Friday am continental breakfast then during the day will be on your own to use the resort or explore the 1000 islands area. I’ve reserved the “Black Catte” event space in the campground from 6:30-8:30 pm for a pot-luck group dinner.
• Saturday am continental breakfast and everyone will be on their own again during the day and we’ll have a campground bar-b-q (hot dogs/hamburgers, etc) at 6:30pm and from 8-10pm the campground has live entertainment – the Lisa Lee Trio (Bluesy rock, R&B, country, favorites from the 60's to present).
• Sunday am continental then check-out/head home when ready
The general rally fee will only be $25/person to cover the costs of the continental breakfasts and the campground cookout. You can pay the rally fee upon arrival at the rally.
The 1000 Islands and eastern shore of Lake Ontario is a beautiful part of New York State that many people have never seen. With warm August days and cool nights, it’s sure to be a great weekend!