Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Fire in the hole!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CAPECOD View Post
We're leaving Buckskin Tuesday morning and will be heading down, should be there before noon. We'll be heading to Parker tomorrow morning to restock and do laundry. If there is anything needed let us know and we'll pick it up.

Loaded with all kinds of stuff from back east so no room for firewood but we do have our propane campfire as backup if the wood runs out.....

Mark and Mary
Ken is bringing a SOB...maybe we could burn it?......or, as with all 4CU rallys, we will have plenty of wood, and can always get more...two years ago, we burned a desk and cabinets, and some plywood...amongst other things...
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #262
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Brea , California
Is the desert still open for reservations? If so, who do we reserve with? BLM needs to know? Can we go?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #263
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Glenn - No reservations required. The rally is held on BLM land that allows 14 days of camping with no permits. Directions to the rally are posted somewhere in this thread. Bring some food, maybe some firewood and have a great time. C U at the campfire...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Sun, serious fun, and serendipity...

Actually, since there's a new ranger in town, you have to have a permit, but I have one for the grtoup...ok, group...I'll just need you to sign up at my table(or chair, or someone's back) on a list...they want names, license plate and state, and # of people in party...just documentation to show how the area is being used and by how many...this will determine what stays open, and what will fall by the bureaucratic wayside at budget time. campfire is done for the night, I was awarded a stunning lighted tiara and watch, and am now basking in solitary splendor in my aluminum castle with NO IDEA what time it is(and don't care), but it's a neat watch just the same...THANK YOU ARTSTREAM!!! Paul and Michael put on another great performance, and even allowed the older fa**s to accompany them...despite technical difficulties, we got past tone quality...well, sorta...maybe tone deaf...Julianne made some praline type things that have me salivating for more(I groveled my way into one after all others bailed the fire)...ya better hurry, I'm gonna grovel more, tomorrow...shameless...? yep...HOW shameless...? ya don't wanna know(neither do I)...Jimmini's supper venue has me thinkin' that we may have to move Richard&Jan's trailer further south, so I don't have to wobble around so far before I fall into the campfire.
Went to the Q laundromat today...showers are down to $5, wash is $1.50, and dryers are 6 1/2-7 minutes for $0.25(depending on the machine, and NO, he didn't tell me what machines were 7 minutes)..."Just depends"...boy, was I tempted...!!!...didn't know where to buy any...
Can ya tell that those praline thingies have a bit of sugar in them...? I can, but I'm still scratching my ear with my big toe, so I may be a bit distracted...c'mon, folks, we're waitin'...
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #265
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn G View Post
Is the desert still open for reservations? If so, who do we reserve with? BLM needs to know? Can we go?
Glad you're planning to join us, Glenn... See directions posted by Mike in post #219... Some folks are already there, so come any time you can... We look forward to meeting you! No reservations, no fees...you can sign up on the rally's info page...there's a link to that page at the bottom of the "Portal" page.... See you there! Come ready to enjoy!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #266
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
take a left at the flamingo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn G View Post
Page 16 on this thread, post #219 will give you directions...the sign up for BLM is at our Moho(or somewhere)...I'll try to be responsible and walk it around(I may be the one under the tiara-BEWARE imposters in real tiaras!)
It's a BIG desert, and we welcome you...this is a laid back affair...flexible is as good a description as any...friendship, fun, food, libation, and whatever else ...mike
Old 11-23-2009, 06:37 AM   #267
3 Rivet Member

wood and flameable liquids and an airstream, what a way to keep warm on a desert night! tho not a drinkermyself the pics deserve to be in an add for the good life. see you all soon.
dsrtgrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #268
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Ken is bringing a SOB...maybe we could burn it?......or, as with all 4CU rallys, we will have plenty of wood, and can always get more...two years ago, we burned a desk and cabinets, and some plywood...amongst other things...
Firedog threw some Pergo on the campfire his first camping trip out with the New England Unit.... it shot a flame out that nearly knocked me out of my chair. Just let me know if you're throwing any of that on so I can move back.
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #269
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Don't flame it on me...

Julianne threw a parial glass of wine on the fire last night, while I was standing inside the rock ring trying to bank the coals...after the sugar rush form her praline thing, it was quite the rush...WHOOSH!!! is a good description...accident...???probably, but it could be jealousy or envy over my newest tiara and watch...the things I must endure or question as TTQ are endless...can I get combat pay?
The unofficial margiball was activated this afternoon...not yet depleted, but severely dented...Richard&Jan, the back up for the official margiball is almost gone...but, then, so are most of us...afternoon naptime...after all, happy hour reconvenes in 40 minutes, followed by taco dinner...
A bit windy, today, but pretty warm out of the wind(or 3 sheets to it...). Michael(Artstream) woke up about 4:00am hearing what he thought was mice scratching on his trailer, went outside, and caught two kit foxes spreading our trash container...keep that in mind...I picked up a LOT of trash this am...doggie poop bags to coffee grounds...
It's some day of the week; must be in Q...
Old 11-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #270
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Okay in my defense I did not TRY to blow up TTQ but damn if the light show wasnt amazing! Sorry M...snicker and giggle.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #271
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Since Debra will not be able to make the rally and was bringing a bunch of pies, who is going to bring some pies?

Here are some pictures from last year's rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2126.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	91428   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2158.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	91429  

Name:	IMG_2163.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	91430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2132.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	91431  

Richard

Old 11-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #272
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Here r some pics from last night. They r as fuzzy as I was.
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #273
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
No didnt make it. Will try tomorrow.
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #274
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
Since Debra will not be able to make the rally and was bringing a bunch of pies, who is going to bring some pies?
I'm making a couple cranberry breads right now, I don't have the supplies for pie but can swing by Parker on my way down tomorrow morning and pick up a couple pumpkin pies if that'll do.

Have supplies for stuffing and mashed potatoes for T-day and cranberry (whole berry) sauce.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Mark and Mary
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #275
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Colorado Springs , Colorado
coordinates to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
This should get you very close if I am on the right spot:
33*35'17.55"N
114*13'31.88"W
Interesting. In Google Maps I consistently get Palm Canyon not Road Runner BLM Campground. A neat place but the wrong side of US 95. Google Earth gets a lot closer (west side of the road even) but no Airstreams in street view. Huh...?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:49 PM   #276
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
We're HERE...honest...coherent...no, but HERE...Huge amount of happy hour treats...shrimp, chips/dips, piglets in a blanket, pickled garlic(burp!)...taco dinner is over, and Min supplied the fixins, Jim browned the meat, and Julianne brought over a plate of mixed goodies for desert...since she had a glass of wine in hand, I ran home...maybe she won't try to torch me, again, with witnesses.
M&M, we're waitin', and will guide you in, if you get lost...pm me for cell, if you need it past my "pretty good" directions...(!!!)...what time do you think you'll be arriving?
Another pie or two would be great...we have , I think, 4 coming, and the cranberry bread...
We're doing candied yams and strawberry iced tea.
mike
Old 11-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #277
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Ken - That is the coordinates that I get from Google Earth. Can somone else verify that I have the correct location. I don't see any trailers in this picture either.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	91437  

Richard

Old 11-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #278
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
After all of this planning, we need some pics! Sorry we missed you guys.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #279
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
If you will bring up post 219 and follow the directions, you shouldn't need GPS coordinates, but I'll see if I can get Mike to nail them for you...we are 6 trailers strong, with at least two more tomorrow...could be they are under the green indicator, and can't be seen because of it...? mike
Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #280
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Heading out this morning around 9 AM (we hope)...will see you later this afternoon! fixin's for pumpkin & mince meat pies in tow and a batch of dressing, too... Oh, and wood (not for TG dinner, but for the campfire!)... Yea!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote