Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #61
doh
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Manchaca , Texas
Vintage Rally

Thanks Gayland, will be great to see your smiling face again

ts
Old 01-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #62
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Woo Hoo...getting close!

Looks like weather is starting to warm up ever so slightly too. I was informed by bajamist that you can purchase the meal options for the two catered events.

Steve
Old 01-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #63
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Smile Texas Vintage Rally Fees

Thanks for your comments, Distantdrummer.

The $40 rally fee allows a "drive-in/drop-in" to participate in any seminar, discussion group, enjoy daily coffee service, potluck, 2 catered dinners, a TERRIFIC Friday night musical variety show plus Saturday's Flea Market and evening Informal Forum. Now is that a bargain or what??
Whether you come 1 or 4 days, it is a flat (per person) rate. I do need a firm commitment (and your check) by Feb 3, 2010 due to reservations required by the caterer.

SATURDAY ONLY "drop-ins" may attend the Flea Market and the Public Vintage Open House at no charge. Again, I would need a commitment and check for $12 to attend the catered Chicken dinner. You are invited to stay for the Informal Forum to follow.

I hope I have clarified this for our Houston area visitors. We hope to see many of you there!
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Smile

I'm glad this question was asked (and answered) as I am local to Houston, do not currently belong to any unit, want to attend (but will only be able to make it up on Saturday), and are particularly interested in the vintage " Open House".

To be honest , I like the idea of the "drop-in" option such that you could attend more than one day (but perhaps not all) at a fixed fee per day selected.
SailAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #65
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
You will find that at this rally we bend over backwards to accomodate everyone and their needs.

1) Rally fees are fully refundable unless using Pay Pal where-in the small Pay Pal fee is not refundable should something last minute occur and you be unable to attend.
2) You do not have to be a member of any club to attend.
3) You don't have to own an Airstream to attend Saturday's open house and flea market.
4) We try and accompdate your attendance for one day, two days, three days, four days or even longer. Parking fees remain at the reduced rate either way.
5) We've scheduled what we feel is our most diverse group of seminars for this rally ever and there are more seminars scheduled than ever before.
6) Over the past six years we've listened to suggestions and we hope we're getting it right. That evaluation process is ongoing and will continue following this year's rally.

Come enjoy and learn what Airstreaming and Vintage Airstreaming can be about.

See you in Montgomery!

Gayland Stephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #66
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
As to the weather, I live about 200 miles north of Montgomery and we have had 70 degree weather the past two days. While that has nothing to do with what the weather will be like for the rally, our past experience with this rally site has been that we've generally enjoyed great weather for the rally and this year's rally is scheduled a week later than in the past.

GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #67
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow 2010 Manifest ?

I know last year Gayland really spurred interest by regularly posting and updating a manifest of who was signed up to come. This kept the thread bumped to the main portal board (front & center) for longer periods of time. It probably more importantly encouraged some to come just to rub elbows with the "famous" or familiar personalities (from air-forums) they saw listed.

The other thread (in the rally section) >> http://www.airforums.com/forums/cale...-10;&e=600&c=1 shows a list of rsvp'ers but it does not seem to be complete, or at least I hope not.

Never saw any figures from last year of a count or estimate of how many drop-ins showed up. That'd be interesting.
BTW if any data is gathered from the drop-ins this year, I hope they will be asked to enter their "air-forum names" as well.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #68
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
We attended for 2 years before joining WBCCI and found it a great way to learn more about AS trailers and meet many great people. Unfortunately a conflict precludes us from attending this year, but I do encourage non WBCCI members to attend. It is a great event and grows every year.
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Texas Airstream Harbor , Zavalla, in the Deep East Texas Piney Woods on Lake Sam Rayburn
Here's the schedule - subject to revision

Proposed Vintage Airstream Rally Schedule

February 10-14, 2010

Wed 2/10 PARKING & REGISTRATION ALL DAY

9:00 AM All available volunteers needed for table/chair set-up in Ballroom and class rooms.
4:00 PM on Social Time (Campfire, weather permitting) Dinner on your own
6:00 Stage Area - Welcome, Rally Over view, Announcements

Thurs 2/11 REGISTRATION CONTINUES IN GRAND PAVILIONCoffee will be available all day / every day courtesy of Texas Hill Country Unit.

Thursday Seminar Schedule

LAKESIDE NORTH
9 -10 AM P&S Trailer Services - Kevin Ruth
10:30-11:30 History of A/S Electrical Pat McDowell
1-2 PM Where Will We Sleep Tonight? Joseph Webb and Victoria Summy

LAKESIDE SOUTH
10 -11 AM Cooking on the Road - Linda Mock

VINTAGE ROW
1:30 2:30 Fantastic Fan Installation Dennis Watermann
3 - 4 Solar Power Installation - Paul Mayeux

Thurs 2/11 – Continued Activities

4:30PM Social Hour at Grand Pavilion
6:00 Potluck Dinner– Ham furnished. Bring a side dish to feed 12. Also bring your own table service and beverage .
7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door prizes?

Friday 2/12
New AirstreamsOpen HouseAll Day - Parking Lot (courtesy of Camper Clinic II)

Friday Seminar Schedule

LAKESIDE NORTH
9 -10 AM Fast Fixins from Your A/S Galley Joseph Webb and Victoria Summy
1-2 PM ZZZ-noring(Airway Health) Robert and Donna OReilly

LAKESIDE SOUTH
10 -11 AM Container Gardening

VINTAGE ROW
10 11AM Polishing Demo - David Blakey
1 - 2 PM Shell Off Frame - Renovation P.Mayeux
2 - 3 PM Riveting Demo P. Mayeux

Friday 2/12 – Continued Activities

4:00PM Social Time - Grand Pavilion
6:00 Catered Barbecue Dinnerby Junior’s BBQ (Table service, iced tea and dessert provided.) Don’t forget your meal tickets!
7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door Prizes
7:30 to ? “Gary Barnes and Co”– 50s and 60s Variety music. Sock hoppin’ encouraged. Poodle skirts not required. Rock the night away!

Saturday 2/13 New AirstreamsOpen HouseAll Day - Parking Lot (courtesy of Camper Clinic II)

8:00 AM Swap Meet Set Up – Grand Pavilion
9:00 – 11:00 Swap Meet Buy, Sell, Swap or Dump Your Treasures, Artful Items and Most Useful Stuff.

Lunch on Your Own
1:00 to 4:00PM Vintage AirstreamsOpen HousePUBLIC IS INVITED! Come vote for your favorite vintage on display.

6:00 Catered Chicken Dinner by Junior Mock Catering. (Table service, iced tea and dessert provided.) Don’t forget your meal tickets!

7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door Prizes

7:30 Informal Forum / Idea Exchange Have unanswered questions? Have something to say? Here’s your place.
John Irwin will lead off with “Great Ideas from Airstream Life.” Please turn in your Rally Evaluation Sheets.

Sunday 2/14 Today is free time to visit some more, enjoy the indoor pool, explore the area.

9:00AM Host Committee Meeting
Check Out Time is 2:00PM WE HOPE YOU HAD A MEMORABLE TIME!

"Suck it up, spend the bucks, do it right the first time."

WBCCI # 1113
AirForums #1737

Trailer '78 31' Sovereign

Living Large at an Airstream Park on the Largest Lake Totally Contained in Texas
Texas Airstream Harbor, Inc.
87MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
When is the judging for the Vintage units going to be. Maybe I missed that in the schedule.

Don
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
I'm a first timer to this rally. I got a chance to meet some super Airstreamers in Blanco in December. This rally, however, seems to have most of the informative "stuff" on the days I can't attend due to work schedule. I'd like to know if I can register at the gate on Friday evening and if there is any price break for late comers? Is there a different price for public attendance of non Airstreamers as I've invited some friends to come see the Vintage trailers.

Robert
Robert Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
just wondering

With so many requests about "day passes" I was wondering if the Unit could get with the KOA folks , make some arrangements for "Rally Day Pass" Airstream parking in that big parking area out front. Get the folks to haul their Airstream out...if even for the day. Plenty of room and it would get more activity for both the Unit Rally and the KOA. But....we have to get the word out fast if its to work.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #73
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Judy,

Do you need me to send you a check for the two meals, or can I get that to you when I arrive the 11th?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #74
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
To answer your questions

#1 Vintage Open House 1-4PM on Saturday: Right now KOA will not allow exhibiting a trailer in the parking lot just for the day. That space is needed for cars/people attending other functions at the park. To insure a spot to exhibit your prized vintage, you will need to pay one night's parking fee at the rally rate of $27/night -even if you plan to drive-in (and out) for Saturday only. Our parking guys are working hard to assure everyone gets a space for a great organized VINTAGE OPEN HOUSE so they (I) would need to know ahead of time if you wish to "drop-in" WITH your Airstream. We do welcome drive-ins for the day to visit the Open House.

#2 There will be no formal judging of Vintages during the Open House, but a "Viewer's Choice" election will be held. In the past it was realized that the judging process robbed the owners and judges of valuable time they could be spending just "enjoying the experience" with other owners.
I was told that other Vintage Rallies do not hold formal judging.

# 3 Catered Meals - Friday and Saturday I need a commitment from you by Feb 3 to make reservations with the caterer, but you may purchase meal tickets at the door $12 (as long as they last.)

#4 Late comers on Friday night pay $27/night parking fee plus (optional)$12 per catered meal plus (Optional)$10 for Musical Variety Show. No charge for Saturday events except catered meal.
NON Airstream RVs need to make parking arrangements with KOA at their parking rate.
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Vintage Rally Repairs

I'm either replacing or either repairing my NT22A furnace. How do I get help with that, paying or volunteer? Do some people show up to help work on trailers? Also how can I see if anybody has parts for this unit they could bring? Yes I know about the recall etc on it but haven't given up yet on repair possibility. I've taken it out and have it handy to be looked at. My wife isn't excited about spending $400 on a new one so I'm trying the repair angle.
Pilot works, Contacts in furnace click but fan doesn't come on.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Rich...I'll help if I can,
Old 01-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Furnace Replacement

Thanks Steve, beats being in Branson in the cold rain tie-wrapping, no replacing a bad husky sway bar. Hope to determine my problems and find some spare parts or order a new Nt 30 and have there by then.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
I think there is help

Is not Camper Clinic going to be there? Why don't you give them a call and tell them the symptoms...then they might be on the spot to help. They usually do some maintenance at the rallys.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Camper Clinic

How do I contact them? Since parts are impossible to find for a NT22A, and most people don't want to touch them then I need to track down some parts of the typical things that go out, fan lower, thrmocouple etc. sail switch
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Camper Clinic

camperclinic.com
800-781-7848

15855 S. I-35 exit 220
Buda, Tx 78610

Tom K. was the guy I talked with at the last Vintage Rally.

CC also has a Rockport Store....361-729-0031

Look for the yellow Safari at the Really.
Good luck.

Tags
texas vintage rally, wbcci