Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Grish,

That's pretty funny. My cloud isn't ready for travel at this time, unless I were to drive it without it being completely riveted down to the C channel, missing the wear patches I was going to do, no insulation, wiring, or interior skin, etc. No Dennis my friend, I will be flying like last time (especially with the weather unpredictability).

Steve
Old 01-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
The wife has to work that week so we're not goigng to be able to get the TT there. We will be up on Saturday to say "hi" to everyone since it's just a hop, skip and a jump from Sugar Land, TX.

Hope to meet and greet all the faces behind the posts on the Forum.

SailAS.
SailAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We are officially one month out from the rally. It's -5 here in St. Louis, and I am looking forward to warmer temperatures. I am still crossing my fingers that there is a warming trend in the next month. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces, and meeting new folks.

Steve
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Yes it won't be long now. The weather is looking good here in Houston today and our cold snap should be moving on. Lets hope we have good weather for the rally. I noticed on the Vintage Rally link that only 5 people have RSVP that they are attending. I wonder what the count really is as of now.

Don
1976 31' Sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #45
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
Yes it won't be long now. The weather is looking good here in Houston today and our cold snap should be moving on. Lets hope we have good weather for the rally. I noticed on the Vintage Rally link that only 5 people have RSVP that they are attending. I wonder what the count really is as of now.

Don
1976 31' Sovereign
I believe 60 or more have registered and the registrations are starting to roll in now. We always have a spike as the rally time approaches.

We have several other units that have declared our rally as one of their rallies for the year, including Heart of Texas Camping Unit.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post

Don
1976 31' Sovereign
A good friend of mine who lives in Houston told me the weather is projected to be colder than January, and that is correct with what the farmer's almanac says. I really hope this isn't the case as it effects what I am doing. I have decided to purchase trip insurance in the event I have to pull out due to really cold weather.

Steve
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Texas Rally AV Stuff

Hi guys, I have an AV rental company in Houston and will be attending. Let me know if you need a small PA system or video projector or stuff to assist with the rally as I can bring if needed.

Richard
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I finally purchased my tickets this past week. Flying in to Houston on the 11th, and out the 14th. RichHog has graciously offered to transport me from the Airport to the rally.

I have several attendees who have signed up for the leak testing, and turnout may end up being better than last month.

I cannot wait to get my hands on some Texas Hot Sauce for my collection.

Steve
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #49
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Hi guys, I have an AV rental company in Houston and will be attending. Let me know if you need a small PA system or video projector or stuff to assist with the rally as I can bring if needed.
Richard
Thanks for the offer.

We have 2 PowerPoint projectors (mine and Fred Hazen's) that should cover the indoor seminars adequately. Our unit has two small amplifiers that will work for the PowerPoint presentations.

One extra small amplifier for the outdoor mechanical presentations would be welcome.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #50
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Leak test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I finally purchased my tickets this past week. Flying in to Houston on the 11th, and out the 14th. RichHog has graciously offered to transport me from the Airport to the rally.

I have several attendees who have signed up for the leak testing, and turnout may end up being better than last month.

I cannot wait to get my hands on some Texas Hot Sauce for my collection.

Steve
Steve did a leak test for us at a rally in Missouri. It was amazing!!!! We found all the leaks and fixed some will fix the rest in spring. Even new AS have leaks so I would suggest ANYONE no matter what the year of your AS to get this test... Better a little money now then thousands later....
Wish we could be there in Feb. Have a great time as i'm sure you will. Can't wait to see pictures....
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow Nearby Accomodations

Someone above asked about nearby (to the rally) lodging.

There are cabins at the actual KOA but the least expensive are in the $129 dollar range. I do not know if there is a discount available thru the Rally organizers. The clerk at the KOA was not aware of any discount. (But she was not aware of the upcoming rally either...she finally found it under Vintage AIRS. not under Airstream.
BTW there is a heated indoor (apparently nice sized) swimming pool at this KOA so some of you may want to bring your speedo's & thongs....& cameras...
KOA RALLY SITE; >> Lake Conroe/Houston North Camping, Lake Conroe/Houston North Campground in Texas - KOA in Lake Conroe/Houston North

6 miles east (toward Conroe) still on Hwy 105 are a Best Western and a Super 8 next door to it. Rates about $70 per night. add another $12 for tax. Maybe better if you have AAA or AARP etc. I am including the web URLs for both of these.
BEST WESTERN LAKE CONROE INN phone 936-588-3027 >> Cannot get link to work for this one but there is a website. Just Google it.

SUPER 8 phone 936-588-2886 >> Super 8 Hotels | Montgomery Texas Hotel | Montgomery, TX 77356 | Near Boating, Crighton Theatre, live plays & Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, live concerts

Good places to eat near the Hotels.
County Line BBQ. (new location) Real Good BBQ (but not Texas' best). I eat at these occasionally and am always pleased. A bit pricey, but what's not these days?
Live music on Saturdays (see web site).
COUNTY LINE BBQ;>> Lake Conroe Location

Sam's Boat...I've never eaten at one of these, but they are always busy IMBR (in my best recollection).

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Small PA

I can bring a small portable Powered speaker, has a built-in mixer and microphone.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #53
Contributing Member

Thanks

That would be appreciated. We have more seminars this year than ever before.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
The Texas Vintage Rally is the most fun one can have with one's boots on . . . I'm even postponing knee replacement surgery for a week or so to allow us to attend. The surgeon looked at me like I was nuts . . . Maybe I am, but I'll be grinnin' like a Cheshire cat as they pass me the gas. This is just one of those rallies you don't want to miss.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Powered PA

Will bring it out, good for music announcements etc.

Will also bring the old Gaucho if some body wants one and some other parts.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #56
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
We have the Proposed Vintage Rally Schedule available now. PM me if you'd like me to email you a copy....Rally Registrar
bajamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #57
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Proposed Vintage Airstream Rally Schedule February 10-14, 2010
Wed 2/10 9:00 AM All available volunteers needed for table/chair set-up in Ballroom and class rooms.
PARKING & REGISTRATION ALL DAY
4:00 PM to ?? Social Time (Campfire, weather permitting)
Dinner on your own
6:00 Stage Area - Welcome, Rally Over view, Announcements and ??

Thurs 2/11 REGISTRATION CONTINUES IN GRAND PAVILIONCoffee will be available all day / every day courtesy of Texas Hill Country Unit.

LAKESIDE NORTH LAKESIDE SOUTH VINTAGE ROW
9 -10 AM P&S Trailer Services - Kevin Ruth
10 -11 AM “Cooking on the Road” - Linda Mock
1:30 – 2:30 Fantastic Fan Installation
10:30-11:30 History of A/S Electrical – Pat McDowell Dennis Watermann

1-2 PM “Where Will We Sleep Tonight?” – Joseph 3 - 4 Solar Power Installation Webb &Victoria Summy Paul Mayeux

4:30PM Social Hour at Grand Pavilion
6:00 Potluck Dinner – Ham furnished. Bring a side dish to feed 12. Also bring your own table service & beverage .

7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door prizes?

Friday 2/12 new airstreams open - Parking Lot (courtesy of Camper Clinic II)

LAKESIDE NORTH LAKESIDE SOUTH VINTAGE ROW
9-10 AM “Fast Fixin’s from Your A/S Galley” –
J. Webb/V.Summy 10 – 11 AM “Container Gardening” 10 – 11AM Polishing Demo
David Blakey
1-2 PM “ZZZ-noring”(Airway Health) – Robert & Donna O’Reilly 1-2 PM Shell Off with New Frame
Renovation – P.Mayeux
2-3 Riveting Demo – P. Mayeux

4:00PM Social Time - Grand Pavilion
6:00 Catered Barbecue Dinner by Junior’s BBQ (Table service, iced tea and dessert provided.) Don’t forget your meal tickets!
7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door Prizes
7:30 to ? “Gary Barnes and Co” – 50s and 60s Variety music. Sock hoppin’ encouraged. Poodle skirts not required. Rock the night away!
Saturday 2/13 new airstreams open - Parking Lot (courtesy of Camper Clinic II)

8:00 AM Swap Meet Set Up – Grand Pavilion
9:00 – 11:00 Swap Meet Buy, Sell, Swap or Dump Your Treasures, Artful Items and Most Useful Stuff.

Lunch on Your Own

1:00 to 4:00PM Vintage Airstream Open House PUBLIC IS INVITED! Come vote for your favorite vintage on display.

6:00 Catered Chicken Dinner by Junior Mock Catering. (Table service, iced tea and dessert provided.) Don’t forget your meal tickets!

7:00 Stage Area - Announcements, Door Prizes

7:30 Informal Forum / Idea Exchange Have unanswered questions? Have something to say? Here’s your place.
John Irwin will lead off with “Great Ideas from Airstream Life.” Please turn in your Rally Evaluation Sheets.

Sunday 2/14 Today is free time to visit some more, enjoy the indoor pool, explore the area.

9:00AM Host Committee Meeting

Check Out Time is 2:00PM WE HOPE YOU HAD A MEMORABLE TIME!

GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:33 AM   #58
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
In posting the above, I lost the formatting of the original document making it difficult to read in places especially regarding the seminars. If interested in more information, please let us know and we will email you the PDF files for this rally. See everyone in Montgomery, Texas.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow Drop-Ins and Drive-Ups

Being that there are many (so it would seem) Airstream owners in the greater Houston area, and that some (if not most) of them might not belong to the hosting clubs (or any club in some cases); It therefore might be presumed that those folks (as well as others) might just like to "drop by" for a "sample" of what this much heralded event is all about.

Am I correct in deducting that they have but two (2) choices?

* One is to pay the full $40.00 registration fee and "drop by" anytime they like during the 5 day event. Partake (if desired) in all events including the Pot Luck Dinner and the Chicken Dinner, socialize at the 4:00PM "toasts" etc.

~or~

* Two is "drop by" only on Saturday afternoon arriving around 1:00PM and take in the open house and then leave promptly before sundown.

Am I further correct that the "drop-ins" are not welcome/permitted at the swap meet/flea mkt. Saturday morning, nor the gabfest/forum Saturday Evening?

Can a "drop-in" pay registration fee at the site?
Is the fee reduced (pro-rated) if paid on a later day?

Just a suggestion for discussion at the gabfest or wherever appropriate: have a $12.00 "drop-in" day pass (no meal included) available next year.
Also I hope that someone will "try" to get a list (names & contact info) of who drops in and whether they are Airstream owners and how they heard about the event.

note: this post is in no way a criticism of anything, I just think clarification of the "drop-in" protocol might save embarrassment and mis-understandings.

I am hoping my schedule allows me to drop-in.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #60
Contributing Member

Rally schedule

I have the rally schedule up on thlu.org in printable form. Click on the rally ad and then look for a link on the rally page to open the schedule. Click on File, then Print.
WBCCI #9632

Tags
texas vintage rally, wbcci