Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #15
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Should be nice. Don't forget the Koffee Kup in Hico, Hard 8 or Tumbleweed BBQ in Stephenville, the spectacular views from Chalk Mountain turnout/rest area off 67 (near Spur 220 from 281), and enjoy the stay in the shadow of Comanche Peak Nuclear. I'm still surprised that this area has turned into commuting territory for Fort Worth. One of the great books about Texas was written by Glen Rose resident John Graves, Goodbye to a River (about the Brazos del Dios).

With any luck the drought will lift and you all should still have decent flowers with that date!

Sold: Silver Streak Model 3411
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
1960 24' Tradewind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
I would like to attend. I will fill out the Rally form and mail in. Is there anything else I need to do?

Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwagenor View Post
I would like to attend. I will fill out the Rally form and mail in. Is there anything else I need to do?
That is all that is required except for actually showing up at the rally.

We will keep you updated on this thread and post a detail schedule as rally time approaches.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
This will be god information. Someone record it for me.
That's a great idea, Steve.

I know the 4CU has recorded seminars and workshops from their annual vintage resto rally, and from the demos I saw in person at the Texas Vintage two years ago, the information is quite valuable. If someone from THLU or any other attendee of the Texas Vintage were to record some of the seminars/workshops, I bet THLU could generate some revenue by packaging and distributing.

I definitely want to try to make it this year, will depend on work schedules for my wife and me.

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
I think I'll be going for the Saturday, Marcus, so if you can't go for the weekend, you're welcome to hitch a ride.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
I have it penned in on my calendar. Hope to attend for a few nights at least. Looking forward to the schedule of events. I'll be sending in the registration this week. If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well I found out good news today. My finals for the next semester will be the 9th-14th of March. I only have two classes that I take finals for, and will likely be early in the week. I believe I am going to be able to make it for at least 1-2 days.

Yay...now only need to find a trailer, or hotel nearby.

Steve
Old 01-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Hideaway , Texas
My husband and I attended last year's rally in Conroe, it was our first airstream event as new vintage owners!

We had a wonderful time and sure hope to attend this year...although I'm afraid we haven't made any progress on our trailer, home remodel comes before AS remodel.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Darn

Sure would like to have made this our first ralley as new AS owners..but the little sister graduates from college on the 13th in Tyler Tx. Dunno if it would be to much to pull the AS there and make the graduation on the 13th and still be able to have a good time at the rally..Hmmm...
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith84 View Post
Sure would like to have made this our first ralley as new AS owners..but the little sister graduates from college on the 13th in Tyler Tx. Dunno if it would be to much to pull the AS there and make the graduation on the 13th and still be able to have a good time at the rally..Hmmm...
We will work with you and charge only for the days you are on site. A long day will get you to Tyler from Glen Rose.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
We will work with you and charge only for the days you are on site. A long day will get you to Tyler from Glen Rose.
O wow that really nice of you....Im talking it over with the Mrs. When would be the latest we could send our reservation?....We are trying to decide whether it would be best to drive up on Thursday late, or go to the graduation first on Friday and come in late that night....Would either one be a problem?
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
jsmith84

Quote:
Would either one be a problem?
Email your attendance needs to our registrar vintage@thlu.org. Jean Beebe, our registrar, will receive your email. I am sure that she will accommodate your needs.

This goes for anyone who, through work or other commitments, can not attend the entire rally. We have attempted to make the registration form as comprehensive as possible and still keep it simple.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #27

Glen Rose , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Caution: There is a load-limited bridge on county road 312, just west of the park boundary. Light vintage trailers are OK. If you have a heavy rig, turn south off 67 at Farm to Market 200, east of the park, and approach the park from the east on CR 312.
My name is Alan Patton and I am the manager of Tres Rios. The bridge was replaced a couple of years ago. You should have no problems crossing it.

I would also like to add that if anyone has family or friends that would like to come but don't have an RV yet, we will offer a 20% discount on cabins.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone here
Old 02-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #28
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Bridge near Tres Rios

Allan, Thanks for info about Tres Rios River Ranch - we may indeed have folks coming to the Vintage Rally without a trailer. Nice to know of your discount.
I believe the info about heavy RVs avoiding the bridge is still on your website. You may wish to change it.....Judy

Tags
rally, texas, vintage