Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow View Post
BTW, first trip w/new AS, traded 31' 1999 Excella for 25' 2010 Flying Cloud in Sept!
Awesome. Can't wait to see a 2010.

I should be arriving late afternoon. I'm guessing some of the WBCCI folks will already be there so we'll know where to park. The only guidance in the newsletter was to park near the #1 shelter.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbob2 View Post
In the middle if pulling roof ac ... won't make it this weekend.
Shove a pillow in the hole and come on out. You won't need air conditioning anyway. We need you to warm the group with White Russians. All I have is Southern Comfort.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We are bringing lots of food and fixin's for hot whiskey---will be there early to mid afternoon today.

It's going to be beautiful weather for camping!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We are spending this evening making chili so it's ready to dump into the pot tomorrow. We'll pack the trailer tonight and be ready to hookup when we get up tomorrow. Finished installing the new Intellipower last night so we should be good to go.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Webster Groves , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
Shove a pillow in the hole and come on out. You won't need air conditioning anyway. We need you to warm the group with White Russians. All I have is Southern Comfort.
If I change my mind, I won't get out there till late Friday as I have promised to help Steve B. on his Cloud that day. Its only a 2 hr. drive but the lack of breaks/break-away system weighs on my mind.
Bob
Xbob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Bring Steve and Collin with you. Amy would probably like a quiet weekend at home.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1962 28' Ambassador
1962 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Webster Groves , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
Bring Steve and Collin with you. Amy would probably like a quiet weekend at home.
Steve says Amy HATES to be alone ... I think SOMEONE is "projecting". Back hurts, shoulders hurt, ears are ringing ... but Steve's FC's front is almost back together! The AC hole on the ATW is filled with a "Fantastic" pillow but there is a hole where the furnace thingy went ... gotta patch that tomorrow. Work on brakes, a rudimentary 12 volt system. Thought about making a day trip out but don't really know that many people yet. Guess I'll work on the Ambassador ... told Scot G. that I was composing a first blog page and futzing with the layout, picture cutlines and graphics when I said "Crap! this is like WORK!!!" Got tired of blogging before my first post! I mean, who cares anyway?
Bob
Xbob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Great folks, great weather!

For those of you who could have come, but didn't----you missed a wonderful weekend with as nice and hospitable a group of people as we have ever met. In addition to good people and good food, we had near-perfect Indian Summer weather. Cool at night, sunny and warm during the day, not a hint of rain or frost. We had lots of fires and conversation, camping at its' best.

We headed for this rally on the word of Steve (TinLoaf), who said these were a great bunch of people. We were one of two campers who were not WBCCI members, out of about 20 sites filled. Our fellow campers went out of their way to welcome us and then to encourage our return, regardless of our decision on joining WBCCI. They are a cohesive group, long-time friends who support and nurture each other.

We had been lukewarm, at best, to the WBCCI to this point, particularly due to what appears to be firmly entrenched politics and infighting---of which we more than had our fill during 25 years of State of Illinois employment. We now feel that, as many have said, your Unit is what makes or breaks it.

We are going to join WBCCI and the Southern Illinois Unit, supporting a group who are doing what we love and they love---and doing it very, very well.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
Glad you had a good time. I wanted to make it, but too many other things that stopped us. I hope to check out the Southern Ill unit someday as it is closer to us than most of the Kentucky events.

Greg
Old 11-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
How is the ankle Maggie?
Old 11-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
Being the last rally of the year I did a lot of sitting and relaxing and slacked on my photo duty. There are a few good ones that I have posted. I've also added a "rally calendar" based on Alice's suggestion so we can start planning for next year.

http://web.mac.com/skmentz/Airstream
Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
I will upload our pictures of Duncan swimming in the lake later.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcair View Post
How is the ankle Maggie?
Thanks for asking, the ankle is not so good, it seems.

X-rays showed a chipped fibula, the outer ankle bone and that part on which I landed when I stepped in that leaf-covered hole. Am home from the Prompt Care with a splint, non-weight-bearing and having to see an orthopedist tomorrow for a cast. Boooooooo!

So, am hopping around one-legged for the second time in 3 months. Good thing it happened this morning and not one of the other days, or we would have had to leave the rally!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Am posting the recipe for the cookies we enjoyed at this rally, which we collectively decided could be baked a few at a time in a Dutch Oven---or pressed together in the Dutch Oven and baked to make one large cookie. Yum!

Mrs. Field's Cookies:

2 cups butter, 2 cups sugar, 2 cups brown sugar, creamed well
4 eggs, 2 tablespoons vanilla, added to above and mixed well

4 cups flour, 5 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons baking soda
mix dry ingredients together, add to creamed mixture and blend thoroughly

24 ounces (2 bags) chocolate chips, 3 cups chopped nuts
blend together well, let mixture stand 15 minutes before baking

Use ice cream scoop to scoop out onto large cookie sheet, placing carefully as they will spread. Bake @ 375 degrees 12-15 minutes, til cookies are browning but still soft. Cool on racks.

This makes a huge recipe, great for taking to work or potlucks, or for freezing to be baked as needed.

To freeze: we refrigerate the dough overnight, then scoop onto waxed-paper lined cookie sheets, cover with more waxed paper, freeze til firm and then place into freezer bags. They will remain loose-packed in your freezer and you can pull out just what you need. Let set on cookie sheet while oven preheats, may still need another minute or two.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
will definitely try this.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
correction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Am posting the recipe for the cookies we enjoyed at this rally, which we collectively decided could be baked a few at a time in a Dutch Oven---or pressed together in the Dutch Oven and baked to make one large cookie. Yum!

Mrs. Field's Cookies:

2 cups butter, 2 cups sugar, 2 cups brown sugar, creamed well
4 eggs, 2 tablespoons vanilla, added to above and mixed well

4 cups flour, 5 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons baking soda
mix dry ingredients together, add to creamed mixture and blend thoroughly

24 ounces (2 bags) chocolate chips, 3 cups chopped nuts
blend together well, let mixture stand 15 minutes before baking

Use ice cream scoop to scoop out onto large cookie sheet, placing carefully as they will spread. Bake @ 375 degrees 12-15 minutes, til cookies are browning but still soft. Cool on racks.

This makes a huge recipe, great for taking to work or potlucks, or for freezing to be baked as needed.

To freeze: we refrigerate the dough overnight, then scoop onto waxed-paper lined cookie sheets, cover with more waxed paper, freeze til firm and then place into freezer bags. They will remain loose-packed in your freezer and you can pull out just what you need. Let set on cookie sheet while oven preheats, may still need another minute or two.
Just realized I left off one important ingredient: when you add the chocolate chips and nuts, also add one 8 oz Hershey's milk chocolate bar, grated.