Old 02-03-2003, 09:58 AM   #15
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Overlander has ridden into the sunset

Sigh........................

twas' truly a depressing day yesterday.

My trusty, coveted, 1971 Overlander headed off to other campgrounds and roads without me yesterday.

Thats right the ol' girl is someone elses pride and joy now.

I hope that the new owners have half as much fun as we did with the Overlander.

Regrettfully, we will not be able to attend the rally at Columbia. We are feverishly restoring the 1979 Sovereign in hopes of making it to the Joint Rally in March at the KOA in Mount Pleasant SC.

Hope you guys have fun!

Ken and Crissy

Old 02-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Rally

Sorry you won't be joining us this weekend.

Look forward to seeing you in March at the KOA Mt. Pleasant.

Went by there today to pick up information to pass out at the rally this week end.

Know you had a sad but happy time to see your trailer depart. There will be other memories to build in your present trailer.

See you down the road.
Fim

Old 02-27-2003, 11:38 AM   #17
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
KOA Mount Pleasant

Joint Rally next weekend with the SCCU and the ENCU in MT Pleasant South Carolina. (March 6 - 9)

Make reservations early. You can do so at www.KOA.com tell them you are with the Airstream rally.

Lots of fun and food at this months rally, I have heard rumor that a the famous Frogmore stew is in order for Saturday night.

For those of you wondering what Frogmore Stew is.........

Long ago during the plantation days, way down south, outside of Beaufort SC, a small village named Frogmore became famous for its local fare consisting of shrimp, new potatoes, corn, onions, and smoked sausage was boiled together with some spices and Low(country) and behold... Frogmore stew. A true lowcountry tradition.

Now I dont expect you yankees to understand this concoction but if you ever get your tastebuds onto some of this stew, you just may head south to stay.

I have tried of Brunswick stew, it is good stuff but that is not even close to the splendor of Frogmore stew.

Come join us lakeside at the KOA for some good ol' WBCCI family fun. There even going to be two nights of fast paced horse racing. Bring your whip, beanie and riding boots.

I am bringing my new project.......1979 Sovereign, tours for everyone

Smily
Old 02-27-2003, 05:14 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Dillon , South Carolina
Thumbs up Frogmore Stew

I heartily approve of Frogmore Stew & not being a native of S.C I had to learn to eat in a totally different way. However, I'm a fast learner so in no time at all I was not only eating it--I was cooking it ---& before long I was even passing along the recipe! Now--I've heard there are certain members in SCCU (who shall remain unnamed) who refuse to even eat it unles it is more properly refered to as Beaufort Stew! One thing I am sure of is that whatever you call it David, Carolyn, Fim & Debbie know how to cook it! So come prepared to enjoy yourselves.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:46 AM   #19
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Thanks to Renee Ettline

Well gang the results fom the WBCCI Survey are in and you can find them at this thread.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...9847#post29847

A huge thanks to Renee Ettline and all those participated in the survey.

I look forward to being a part of the evolution of the WBCCI.

Smily
Old 10-09-2003, 08:50 AM   #20
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
SC State Rally

"Halloween in the Hills"

Oct 15 - 19, 2003

Who is going to the SC State Rally at Palmetto Cove?

We are going. This will be our Anniversary with the WBCCI and already we are on our third AS. Do I have the Disease??????

All of you WBCCI folks gather up your pumpkins and your brooms and come on out for a week of fun filled halloween spooks and goblins in the high country of South Carolina. The Campground is located at the base of Table Rock and Ceasars Head. A nice quiet Airstream only CG.

Candy, costumes, games, entertainment and meals for everyone.

See you there,
Boo!
Smily
Old 11-19-2003, 01:27 PM   #21
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
SC State Rally 2004

Have you heard?
The WBCCI South Carolina State Rally is scheduled for October 2004 right outside of Myrtle Beach SC.

I have spoken with the sponsor of the Rally and I gotta tell ya, this rally will set a new standard for all rallies within the WBCCI.
Even the advertised 'Homecoming Rally" at Jackson Center could learn a thing or two from this rally.

This rally is being held at a brand new campground outfitted with jacuzzi's on site, lakeshore sites, full hookups.

And I dont know where to begin telling you of the entertainment and events the sponsor has lined up.

I have been told that the meals will all be catered professionally, down to the breakfast. Not just your average pancake breakfast but a full blown cooked to order omelet with chef's doing the preparation, linens on the tables and maybe even candles.

There will be professional entertainment for all ages, sponsors from Airstream dealerships, Tow vehicle dealerships, RV Suppliers, How to seminars by Home Depot and others. Airstream Decorating contest, Costume contest, a Halloween extravaganza. Live bands, A profesional DJ, Dancing, Shopping trips with shuttle to and from, Golf outings, Tours, and so much more to do.

The sponsor told me that he planned to leave an everlasting impression on the WBCCI. He furthermore told me that he intends for every attendee to receive a gift of some form or fashion.

Did I mention that Myrtle Beach is within 20 minutes from the capmground? If you know anything about Myrtle Beach then you are aware of the many things to do and see.

I will tell you this, as I listened to the sponsor speak about the Rally, found myself in awe of the fortitude that this individual conveyed. (He is also a member of this forum).

I suspect that this event will definitely sell out so you better get in quick. Last I checked they already had presold half of the tickets.

This event is open to any and all WBCCI members so if you are not a member, you better get joined up before October 2004.

Come one come all!
Rally on!
Smily
Old 11-19-2003, 09:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Question Tried but

smiley
I tried the link you provided but, it took me to a "web hosting" site.
What's the total package cost?
Since I'm only up the creek from you in Va...and, since Oct is a great time to get away..

thanks..

ciao
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM   #23
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Rallies for everyone

Guess what else???????

Not only are we hosting the greatest State Rally of all,
We are also hosting the Region 3 Rally for 2004.
Right here in Beautiful Historic Charleston SC.

The Region 3 Rally will be held in May 2004.

And you folks thought that the WBCCI was lacking

I guess the word is getting around, WBCCI in the South east RUUUUULES!

Can't help but think that the WBCCI is getting hip. So all of you nay sayers, Hah! I told you so

Get your tickets soon cause you know the WBCCI gang will be lined up and ready to party in Charleston SC.

Smily
Old 11-20-2003, 07:23 PM   #24
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Rallies year round

How many WBCCI units are going to have a Christmas rally?

Hah! once again the WBCCI-SCCU gets in its camping fix.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:04 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Smily ---We'd be interested if we could find out more regarding the costs, dates, etc. Where do we go for this info or is it a secret.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:17 PM   #26
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I hold in my hand a yellow rally flyer for the Region 3 rally...................

Dates: May 19-23, 2004
Where: Coastal Carolina Fairgrounds in Ladson S.C.
Cost: $240.00 All inclusive, including full hookups 1 Airstream 2 people. Extra Adults $70.00. Kids under 12 $25.00

There are working Family rates if you arive on Friday $190.00,$50.00,and $15.00

General parking and registration starts Wenesday.

3 breakfasts, dinner Fri, sat. Ice cream, door prizes, Rally and local fleamarket,seminars, who could ask for more??

And for those that care, Edie and I plan to attend the full rally. Beware though, if you come around my rig you may have one of 2 things happen. You could get even more hooked on all things Airstream, or I might offer you an Adult Beverage.........
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:17 PM   #27
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Link

Okay, I figured a way to get the link below to work.
Visit the SCCU
Old 12-04-2003, 06:49 AM   #28
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Christmas Rally

The Rally is ON!

We are headed up today to Myrtle Beach for a weekend of Airstreaming Christmas joy.

Any one else going? How about you BWSWALIEN? Looking forward to seeing that Ambassador behind the Hummer.

Rally is at Ocean lakes campground. All Airstreamers are welcome to join our unit the SCCU.

Come one come all!
Smily