Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Single, solo, Free Wheelers rally

Hi Single Streamers!! Just wanted to pass this on to all those who might not know about it.

From an article in the WBCCI Free Wheelers Newsletter (by Barbara Carney):

PRE-RALLY NOW SET FOR JUNE 21 - 17 AT Bennett Springs State Park, Lebanon, MO. If you plan to be with us, please go online: www.mostateparks.com. Go to Find-A-Park. Select Bennett Springs St.Pk. Make a reservation in Campground Loop 4, preferably in campsite between numbers 419 and 429. I will be in Site 425. Our gatherings will take place there. If you prefer, call 877-422-6766 and ask to be near the Airstream FW Group. Bill Coil checked out the park and recommends this area as the shadiest, which took precedence over other full hookup sites out in the blazing sun. This area only has electric hookups. Of course, you can reserve a site farther away from us if you prefer full hookups and just drive over to be with us. Bill strongly recommends that you use Highway 64A to enter the park; it is by far the RV-friendliest. The park said they couldn’t set aside a group of campsites for us, so it is important you reserve immediately if you plan to come. You may arrive and depart at your convenience, but those still there will depart together on the morning of Jun. 27 for Intl. at Sedalia. If you are not a member of Free Wheelers, but are a single Airstreamer, come and join us. We want to meet you!

Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:22 AM   #2

2018 16' Sport
Knoxville , Maryland

Hello,
I would like to please ask about membership in the group ,I am purchasing a new Airstream which is to be finished by the end of this month.

I have joined the Airstream organization and saw this group Within the camping organization. I am writing to ask what the procedure is to join your group as I am single.

Are there small rallies all over the country as I hope to travel as much as I can. If so this would be my answer in planning my trips and camping with Airstream people.

Sincere thanks,
John. (alpaca)
alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #3

2018 16' Sport
Knoxville , Maryland
Hello, being new I have so much to learn, but I will. I understand Bennett Spring State Park. Please advise what is at Sedalia Mo.? and where to register? Is this the rally that is the largest in the year. Where do I find the Freewheelers Newsletter. I have joined 3/18 but have not heard anything yet Thank you for any assistance . John (alpaca)
alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:23 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Airstream Free Wheelers

Hi John. I'm so excited for you and all the adventures that lay ahead! I haven't been as active in some of the rallies but I will help as much as I can and if need be, refer you to others who may be able to answer your questions better.

The thread of mine that you replied to was actually posted in 2012 so that was a few years ago. As far as the Single, Solo, Free Wheelers go, they usually try to meet up at the biggest WBCCI rally of the year, which is the International Rally and this year it is going to be held in Salem, Oregon June 23, 2018 thru June 30, 2018. I'm not sure if the Free Wheelers have a pre-rally get-together planned but I will see if I can find out. I don't believe Barbara Carney is the contact person anymore so I will find out that too.

It's about midnight here so I'm signing out. I will find info for you by the end of Sunday night, the 15th. Take care and thanks for being so patient.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Free Wheelers Gathering

Hi again John. I took a quick look at the WBCCI site and found out the Free Wheelers will be at the Salem, Oregon rally in June, the one I previously mentioned. I'm not sure where they will be located and how to find them though. There are a couple people who are Officers of the Free Wheelers club so you can email them. One is the president, Monte Barksdale at barksdm@sbcglobal.net, Mary Potter at travelinggal8769@aol.com and Carol Ortiz at carolortiz1686@yahoo.com.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. take care and have a great weekend.

~Carlita~